Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2013, 06:49 PM   #466
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBowtie03 View Post
dont the WR's have a good charging system? Also, I cant imagine using the light bar all night long... Maybe a 3-4 hour ride at night at the most. Would the light bar put out a big blanket of light and still throw some out far? How are those little lights still pretty bright? My friend got some Advmonster 60's that he mounted on his and I want to get something comparable or better for light output. I've been reading how yalls stuff is not made in China so that sounds good to me. I just dont know what would be best for what I want. thanks for the help.
The WR is AC to the headlight with a small amount of Dc power ( approx. 25 watts) going to charge the battery. Pull more than 30 watts and it wont be long before you have a dead battery
You can run two of the NXG's with no issues, the 600 series light bar will eventually draw the battery down, but will be fine for 4 to 6 hrs of riding.
They work extremely well, and have won a lot of races.
here is a photo of the 610 light bar.
The tree line is about 350 ft with the markers at 100 ft intervals.
note the even beam pattern with no hot spots or scattered light
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:19 PM   #467
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 9,233
The WR250R has a 350-watt AC magneto.

http://www.rickramsey.net/WR250RvsCRF250L.htm
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:18 PM   #468
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinrider View Post
The WR250R has a 350-watt AC magneto.

http://www.rickramsey.net/WR250RvsCRF250L.htm
I was thinking wr450 My mistake. Thanks for the clarification.
1-800-624-0278
Old 08-12-2013, 08:24 PM   #469
BadBowtie03
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops Motorsports View Post
I was thinking wr450 My mistake. Thanks for the clarification.
Does that change anything then? or is it seperate from the dc charging system?

also, what would be the price on the 610 light bar? with the switch and the wiring harness... also, is there a mounting bar that can put it above my headlight but not cover my gauge cluster? That light output looks awesome. thanks a lot for the help!
BadBowtie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:27 PM   #470
BadBowtie03
Adventurer

also, would the 40 degree 640 light bar only show light right around the bike or would it push light into the distance a bit also? I ask, cause I think have light really wide around the bike would be nice for trails but then I want distance too... didnt you say there was a 20 degree one? would that be the best of both worlds? Also, would the 3 series light bar just not do enough light vs my friends ADVmonster 60's? I dont want to get anything worse than he has in light out put. let me know what kit you think would be best... one with a switch and all the wiring. thanks a lot man
Old 08-13-2013, 08:33 AM   #471
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
also, would the 40 degree 640 light bar only show light right around the bike or would it push light into the distance a bit also? I ask, cause I think have light really wide around the bike would be nice for trails but then I want distance too... didnt you say there was a 20 degree one? would that be the best of both worlds? Also, would the 3 series light bar just not do enough light vs my friends ADVmonster 60's? I dont want to get anything worse than he has in light out put. let me know what kit you think would be best... one with a switch and all the wiring. thanks a lot man
The power is rectified so you have plenty available on the WR250S, older WR's are a different story.
The most popular light bar setup is the combo with 25's on the outside and 10's in the center. You get the same distance as the photo but a wider field that works great for trails.
I would not recommend the 40 degree beam pattern for anything but very tight trails.
Our mount will cover the ODO. Its made for dirt bikes. Some have fabricated their own bracket.
http://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/?page=products&id=164
There is a lot more to lighting than a bogus lumen rating.
Smooth beam patterns and focused light are very important, Even more important to me is reliability.
A good smooth beam pattern with no sharp edges or glares will allow a rider to see better, after all isn't that what we want light for?
1-800-624-0278
Old 08-13-2013, 09:39 AM   #472
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
I am replacing my HID H4 and moving to LED. The dual beam HID doesn't last given the vibration of my KTM LC4. What I think I have decided on is using 2X 2LED lamps such as your long range dual auxiliary. One wider beam dual LED for low and a second narrow dual LED for high beam. With a little creative sheet metal work I figure I can mount them where the stock rectangular lamp now resides.

I will be perfectly honest. I am considering 2 each Baja Designs SII, one driving (oval wide pattern) low beam + one spot high beam. Your dual auxiliary looks similar in size and design and the narrow beam appears to have great reach. Any wisdom you can share on if you offer a dual auxiliary with a beam pattern that would be suitable for a street low beam if aimed correctly?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Im afraid the Long Range dual would not be my recommendation for your bike. Its a pretty big light and not a good fit for this application.
BD makes great products and one of the few I would recommend in addition to our own.
The SII is a very small light that does pack a good punch, although it is not near the powerhouse as the Long Range, (The two simply do not compare in any way). I think they are a better fit for what you are wanting to do.
Although they are not on our site, we do offer BD products at a ADV discount.
1-800-624-0278
Old 08-13-2013, 03:39 PM   #473
BadBowtie03
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops Motorsports View Post
The power is rectified so you have plenty available on the WR250S, older WR's are a different story.
The most popular light bar setup is the combo with 25's on the outside and 10's in the center. You get the same distance as the photo but a wider field that works great for trails.
I would not recommend the 40 degree beam pattern for anything but very tight trails.
Our mount will cover the ODO. Its made for dirt bikes. Some have fabricated their own bracket.
http://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/?page=products&id=164
There is a lot more to lighting than a bogus lumen rating.
Smooth beam patterns and focused light are very important, Even more important to me is reliability.
A good smooth beam pattern with no sharp edges or glares will allow a rider to see better, after all isn't that what we want light for?
Hey, yes I agree. Reliability/Durability is just as important or more important than light ouput. I understand the whole lumen thing can be bogus too. So if I made my own custom light bar then i would just need the light bar with the 25's on the outside and 10's in the center and a switch to turn it on. What would that cost? Thanks a lot for the help man! Oh, one more thing is there a switch that is on/off/dimmable capable all in one? thanks
Old 08-13-2013, 04:37 PM   #474
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 819
What sort of price could you do on an 8 inch BD OnX bar in driving pattern?
Old 08-14-2013, 08:21 AM   #475
Dirt_Bag
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
quality is what you get with this set up. I like riding the slab at night now. I run at 50% at night in traffic. During the day I run 100%. People see you. Aiming is important. Being seen and not blinding people is a fine line.
I have marks on the bracket so I can lower them easy when I 2up with the wife.
The quality of light these put out. Makes the other China made lights sold here look like a joke. I know 3 people with those because they are cheaper. After seeing mine, They say the lights have a similar shape. But the quality of light out performs theirs.
Luman's is somewhat of a scam. Color temp has a lot to do with the output of light. I drive a semi at night. I get the pleasure of seeing them ricers with blue, green, purple HIDS.
Sure they are blinding bright. But cast light about 10 feet. And in rain or wet roads even less.
Dirt_Bag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:27 AM   #476
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Hey, yes I agree. Reliability/Durability is just as important or more important than light ouput. I understand the whole lumen thing can be bogus too. So if I made my own custom light bar then i would just need the light bar with the 25's on the outside and 10's in the center and a switch to turn it on. What would that cost? Thanks a lot for the help man! Oh, one more thing is there a switch that is on/off/dimmable capable all in one? thanks
All our Prime drive light bars are dimmable. We use the same 3 way handle bar mounted switch as the long range uses. OFF/LOW/HIGH
The dimming setup adds 69.00 to the price.
The kit retails for 325 plus the dimming.
Don't forget we offer a ADV discount of 10%
I can knock off a few $$s for shipping without the mount.
Please PM for any details.
1-800-624-0278
Old 08-14-2013, 09:30 AM   #477
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt_Bag View Post
quality is what you get with this set up. I like riding the slab at night now. I run at 50% at night in traffic. During the day I run 100%. People see you. Aiming is important. Being seen and not blinding people is a fine line.
I have marks on the bracket so I can lower them easy when I 2up with the wife.
The quality of light these put out. Makes the other China made lights sold here look like a joke. I know 3 people with those because they are cheaper. After seeing mine, They say the lights have a similar shape. But the quality of light out performs theirs.
Luman's is somewhat of a scam. Color temp has a lot to do with the output of light. I drive a semi at night. I get the pleasure of seeing them ricers with blue, green, purple HIDS.
Sure they are blinding bright. But cast light about 10 feet. And in rain or wet roads even less.
Thank You!! There is a lot more to a quality light than how many lumens are claimed.
1-800-624-0278
Old 08-14-2013, 09:31 AM   #478
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
What sort of price could you do on an 8 inch BD OnX bar in driving pattern?
Pm'd ya
1-800-624-0278
Old 08-20-2013, 01:48 PM   #479
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Thursday night rides

If your local to W.Wa We do a ride on Thursday afternoons /nights.
This week is Hwy 410 to the Natcheez Trail, Taneum ridge Lake Kacheese and pop back out on 90 at Gold greek then the back roads down to North Bend always a great time. 80 to 100 miles of roads and 100 plus miles of good off road at a quick pace.
Pm me for details if your interested in going.
1-800-624-0278
Old 08-23-2013, 10:12 AM   #480
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

a few customer supplied photos

Here are the most powerful LED aux lights in existence. BAR NONE.
The new Long Range Extreme
25 watt single emitter all I can say is WOW.
Info coming with the new site.
1-800-624-0278