ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-23-2013, 07:47 AM   #631
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Off Road Ryder's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Kent Wa
Oddometer: 2,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulvandenbogaard View Post
Looked at the website. Congratulations looking nice and clean!

However for this Skene dimmer it is mentioned "see diagram below" but I couldn't see a diagram. It looks like the text on your page is a literal copy from SkeneDesign. Perhaps a URL pointing to it would come in handy.

I also expected to find this item under "Switches" but it turns out to be under the section "Batteries". Not sure which section is more appropriate....

One little detail I couldn't find is the size and weight of this dimmer. Couldn't find this info on SkeneDesign either.
Will your multi function switch work like the three way button switch mentioned on SkeneDesigns website?

I know there are three wires coming from the LRs (black, red, yellow). How should these connect to this switch? On the wiring diagram their leds only have two wires.

Thanks Paul, the site is still being populated and a work in progress. What is nice is that everything works well, is secure and international orders can be made.
The multi function switch will work with the skene dimmer and is included on one of the harness options.
The dimmer is really small and weighs very little. size is approx. 2" x3" and 1/2" high. shipping weight is 2 lbs, however the dimmer is about 8 oz on a guess.
Ill send you a Pm on how to hook up the Skene dimmer to the Cyclops lights.
__________________
When Quality matters,Its all about choices.
Cyclops Performance LED Vendors thread
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839163
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:59 AM   #632
paulvandenbogaard
Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Oddometer: 15
I just did a rough measurement of the "old" dimmer that came with the harness.
This one is ~1.5 x 2.5 x 1.25 "
Compared to 2 x 3 x 0.5" it is a bit bigger in needed square area, but is much significantly smaller in height. And of course no relay including wires. How long are the wires that come out of this controller? I ask because the posilocks/taps to be used to connect it will also take .75" (red) or 1" (blue). I could of course try other means for connecting.
paulvandenbogaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 05:09 PM   #633
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Off Road Ryder's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Kent Wa
Oddometer: 2,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulvandenbogaard View Post
I just did a rough measurement of the "old" dimmer that came with the harness.
This one is ~1.5 x 2.5 x 1.25 "
Compared to 2 x 3 x 0.5" it is a bit bigger in needed square area, but is much significantly smaller in height. And of course no relay including wires. How long are the wires that come out of this controller? I ask because the posilocks/taps to be used to connect it will also take .75" (red) or 1" (blue). I could of course try other means for connecting.
I just measured the Skene dimmer
its 3 x 1.4 x .5 inches wires are approx. 12 inches long.
__________________
When Quality matters,Its all about choices.
Cyclops Performance LED Vendors thread
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839163
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 08:22 AM   #634
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Off Road Ryder's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Kent Wa
Oddometer: 2,011
Black friday deals

Why take a chance on Chinese lights when you can have far better products at a great price?



This offer is not available on top of our regular ADV Rider discount.. Please use the codes provided below. Thank You!!!


CYCLOPS ADVENTURE SPORTS
















Use Coupon Code: bfn1340








And 15 % OFF ALL LED products



Use Coupon Code: bfn1315



Limited Time - November 28th through December 6th










Penetrator





Long Range Extreme





















__________________
When Quality matters,Its all about choices.
Cyclops Performance LED Vendors thread
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839163
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278

Off Road Ryder screwed with this post 11-28-2013 at 12:32 PM
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 04:56 PM   #635
twinrider
pass the catnip
 
twinrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: 日本
Oddometer: 8,904
Darryl,

Do the 2" Solstice Primes come with a wiring harness, and how much would USPS Priority shipping be to Japan? Thanks.
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 05:58 PM   #636
IRideASlowBike
Beastly Adventurer
 
IRideASlowBike's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: SE PA
Oddometer: 1,598
What's the difference between a Skene dimmer and a regular dimmer, and also the single and double pole handlebar mounts?
IRideASlowBike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 12:15 PM   #637
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Off Road Ryder's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Kent Wa
Oddometer: 2,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinrider View Post
Darryl,

Do the 2" Solstice Primes come with a wiring harness, and how much would USPS Priority shipping be to Japan? Thanks.
I'm afraid not, they use a duetch connector and include both sides of the connector and a short length of wire.
We now offer live shipping rates for over seas customers, unfortunately you would need to go threw the order process before seeing the shipping rate, you do not have to complete the transaction.
Thank You!!!
__________________
When Quality matters,Its all about choices.
Cyclops Performance LED Vendors thread
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839163
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 12:31 PM   #638
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Off Road Ryder's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Kent Wa
Oddometer: 2,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRideASlowBike View Post
What's the difference between a Skene dimmer and a regular dimmer, and also the single and double pole handlebar mounts?
The skene dimmer works by adding power or a ground to a particular wire, by using the single pole switch you can get basic adjustability in your lighting setup,
Installed in the negative (ground) wire of the LEDs, it provides up to three selectable brightness settings, depending on the type of switch is used in its control circuit. Each setting can be programmed from 0 to 100% brightness in 10% steps. In addition, it can be connected to the high beam so the LEDs go to maximum brightness when the high beam is activated.
Installing this dimmer on a BMW requires the use of our 3 way handle bar mounted multi switch.
The Skene dimmer is smaller and requires no relays.
Our dimmer is a bit larger and requires the included relays that are in the harness.. (more stuff to mount)
__________________
When Quality matters,Its all about choices.
Cyclops Performance LED Vendors thread
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839163
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278

Off Road Ryder screwed with this post 12-05-2013 at 04:48 PM
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 12:37 PM   #639
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Off Road Ryder's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Kent Wa
Oddometer: 2,011
Thank you ADV riders for the tremendous traffic and sales kicking off our Black Friday week!!
__________________
When Quality matters,Its all about choices.
Cyclops Performance LED Vendors thread
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839163
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 04:35 AM   #640
GentlyBentley
Lost Logger
 
GentlyBentley's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Location: Northern Sealand, Denmark (Europe)
Oddometer: 6
Hi there.
Christmas is approaching, and I've got an "open cheque" from my wife and daughters, to find som aux lamps for my bike. I've been quite around the net for a coupple of weeks now, finding out more and more, getting equally more and more confused. Therefore, these informations. Hope the forum can give some advise back.

The bike:
A 1977 BMW R100 RS, used on a daily basis on small country roads in Denmark, 2x20 miles each day, on-comming traffic, especially at morning. On week-ends, the bike is often used for longer trips, mostly Sweden and Germany. Driving there will often be in the dark hours, especially spring and autumn. We are on 55 dg North, meaning same daylight conditions as Manitoba and Newfoundland. Driving is 100% on-road, due to the handling of the RS, but often the roads will be narrow and curvy.

What I'm loking for, is a setup that will give sufficient light a good distance away, but also has a god "fill". At the same time I would like to be able to use the aux light as daylight extras, to increase visibility to other traffic.

Just now, I've got two Hella 55w aux lamps + the main lamp. The Hella's are not useless, but close to. Upgrading to 100w is not an option with a 280w generator. Mainlight, aux light and handlebar heating at the same time, will not be possible, at least not for long... Also, the lamps should preferably be mounted on the crashbar (1"). Is it possible to ad a modulator, to get a "shaking" light-pattern at daytime?

Tried to add a picture of the bike, didn't really work, will try on later occasion.
Best wishes
Ben
GentlyBentley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:42 AM   #641
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Off Road Ryder's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Kent Wa
Oddometer: 2,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by GentlyBentley View Post
Hi there.
Christmas is approaching, and I've got an "open cheque" from my wife and daughters, to find som aux lamps for my bike. I've been quite around the net for a coupple of weeks now, finding out more and more, getting equally more and more confused. Therefore, these informations. Hope the forum can give some advise back.

The bike:
A 1977 BMW R100 RS, used on a daily basis on small country roads in Denmark, 2x20 miles each day, on-comming traffic, especially at morning. On week-ends, the bike is often used for longer trips, mostly Sweden and Germany. Driving there will often be in the dark hours, especially spring and autumn. We are on 55 dg North, meaning same daylight conditions as Manitoba and Newfoundland. Driving is 100% on-road, due to the handling of the RS, but often the roads will be narrow and curvy.

What I'm loking for, is a setup that will give sufficient light a good distance away, but also has a god "fill". At the same time I would like to be able to use the aux light as daylight extras, to increase visibility to other traffic.

Just now, I've got two Hella 55w aux lamps + the main lamp. The Hella's are not useless, but close to. Upgrading to 100w is not an option with a 280w generator. Mainlight, aux light and handlebar heating at the same time, will not be possible, at least not for long... Also, the lamps should preferably be mounted on the crashbar (1"). Is it possible to ad a modulator, to get a "shaking" light-pattern at daytime?

Tried to add a picture of the bike, didn't really work, will try on later occasion.
Best wishes
Ben
Hi Ben
I know it can be a tough task to find useful info on Quality LED lights these days, with so much misinformation and people trying to make a quick buck off us riders, where does a guy turn? Hopefully to those that have the experience in night Racing such as Cyclops. What comes from the track experience will benefit street riders every time. Things like reliability and how well you can see mean far more than some bogus lumen rating with poor optics, glass lenses and cheesy mounts.

If you want the best, I would suggest the new Long Range extreme auxiliary lights, They will mount well to your crash bars, only use 25 watts each and provide the longest throw of ANY led light currently available. BAR NONE.
http://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/Long-Range-Extreme-LED-Light_p_61.html
At the same time they offer a very good fill. What I like to do is run the Amber covers during the day, they create a very visible object that is quite hard not to see, they can also be paired with the Skene 175A dimmer to get your desired strobe function.
__________________
When Quality matters,Its all about choices.
Cyclops Performance LED Vendors thread
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839163
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:06 AM   #642
GentlyBentley
Lost Logger
 
GentlyBentley's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Location: Northern Sealand, Denmark (Europe)
Oddometer: 6
Thanks for the answer. Seems like a good solution. I'll also need a pair of tube mounts, but I'll put that in the order form. I'll sort out the ways of payment, probaly thru' Paypal?

Not that I care, but will the lamps come with an E-certificate for the EU? If not, I'm gonna use them on the bike anyway, but I'll probably get another set for my car. Contrary to bikes, cars in Denmark will have to go through a biannual Inspection, and the Inspector will fail the car, if aux light equipment isn't E-marked.
Best wishes
Ben
GentlyBentley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:32 AM   #643
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Off Road Ryder's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Kent Wa
Oddometer: 2,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by GentlyBentley View Post
Thanks for the answer. Seems like a good solution. I'll also need a pair of tube mounts, but I'll put that in the order form. I'll sort out the ways of payment, probaly thru' Paypal?

Not that I care, but will the lamps come with an E-certificate for the EU? If not, I'm gonna use them on the bike anyway, but I'll probably get another set for my car. Contrary to bikes, cars in Denmark will have to go through a biannual Inspection, and the Inspector will fail the car, if aux light equipment isn't E-marked.
Best wishes
Ben
We do accept paypal, however if you use your ADV discount we ask that you use a CC and order threw the cart system. Paypal charges us almost 5% for an international transaction.
Im sorry these are not e certified for street use, I know of no good LED that is. Once you make it for a DOT or E cert you loose all the things that really allow you see.
__________________
When Quality matters,Its all about choices.
Cyclops Performance LED Vendors thread
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839163
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:11 AM   #644
xtphreak
from B4 "adventure bikes"
 
xtphreak's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Back in WNC
Oddometer: 7,960
OK

I've been lurking and looking at pics long enough

Give me some input please.

The bike is my 1999 Triumph Tiger 885i (98K + miles).

I currently have a pair of 35w H/L HID in the stock headlamp reflectors plus 2 55w halogen driving lights.

Triumph has a very defined cutoff in the beam pattern and I want / need more range, plus I'd love more side illumination as I live in the mountains and curves are a fact of life here.

I'm thinking the Penetrator 630 (CIL-600XLPDB-630)
VS.
a pair of Long Range Optimus 10 deg ( CIL-OPR11)

The power draw isn't much different and I have to say I'm impressed by the pic in post 200.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSM8 View Post
...Light Bar 8" long





...
Questions:

1) what kind of range will I get from the 4 10 deg emitters on the 630 compared to a pair of long range optimus 10 deg?

2) I don't see an option for a dimmer harness for the 630, what will I need to be able to dim it on lo beam?

3) I have to measure the available space under the fairing when I get home 21DEC from Alaska, do you have a dimensional drawing for the 630?

I welcome comments/thoughts.

I had a night time Bambi strike in Oct2010 @ about 80 mph and even though I rode it to the shoulder (with a serious pucker in the seat cover ), I found later I had broken the frame in two places plus the right cylinder head motor mount.

I am a victim of deer-a-phobia now and am looking for more light!!



__________________
Do one thing every day that scares you. Baz Luhrmann
Women and cats will do as they please,
and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
Robert A. Heinlen
Adventure is discomfort recounted at leisure. Flash / GSWayne
Chrome don't get ya home. Rob Nye
Stamp Out Hoplophobia in Our lifetimes.
1999 Tiger 885
1995 XT600E

xtphreak screwed with this post 12-03-2013 at 10:29 AM
xtphreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:44 PM   #645
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Off Road Ryder's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Kent Wa
Oddometer: 2,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtphreak View Post
OK

I've been lurking and looking at pics long enough

Give me some input please.

The bike is my 1999 Triumph Tiger 885i (98K + miles).

I currently have a pair of 35w H/L HID in the stock headlamp reflectors plus 2 55w halogen driving lights.

Triumph has a very defined cutoff in the beam pattern and I want / need more range, plus I'd love more side illumination as I live in the mountains and curves are a fact of life here.

I'm thinking the Penetrator 630 (CIL-600XLPDB-630)
VS.
a pair of Long Range Optimus 10 deg ( CIL-OPR11)

The power draw isn't much different and I have to say I'm impressed by the pic in post 200.



Questions:

1) what kind of range will I get from the 4 10 deg emitters on the 630 compared to a pair of long range optimus 10 deg?

2) I don't see an option for a dimmer harness for the 630, what will I need to be able to dim it on lo beam?

3) I have to measure the available space under the fairing when I get home 21DEC from Alaska, do you have a dimensional drawing for the 630?

I welcome comments/thoughts.

I had a night time Bambi strike in Oct2010 @ about 80 mph and even though I rode it to the shoulder (with a serious pucker in the seat cover ), I found later I had broken the frame in two places plus the right cylinder head motor mount.

I am a victim of deer-a-phobia now and am looking for more light!!







Wow that sounds like a bad hit, Im glad you made it threw.
For some reason Im having issues with my photbucket acct and cant figure it out so I cant post photos right now.

you'll get far more range with the Long Range series than with the light bar. However the light bar will create much more fill range on the light bar is approx. 300 plus ft the 10 deg long range is over 600

The kits you currently see on the site are for dirt bikes so no dimmer needed, I can set you up with a dimming package using the skene or our dimmer.

I have a drawing but cant pull it from Photobucket right now. Ill figure out whats up with that asap
the light is 2.08 inches tall with the mount adding about 3/4 of an inch
length is 8.45 inches with a depth of 2.5 inches.
I can get you a drawing threw email..info@cyclopsadventuresports.com

Something you might want to consider is the Long Range Extreme lights
They offer good fill and unequalled distance. 1200 ft plus with a set.
http://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/Long-Range-Extreme-LED-Light_p_61.html
__________________
When Quality matters,Its all about choices.
Cyclops Performance LED Vendors thread
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839163
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014