Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2014, 06:05 PM   #766
PNWRider
Live an Adventure!

Oddometer: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road Ryder View Post
Thanks for the Order Ryan!!

The lights use a polycarbonate lens, no cover is necessary, You would be hard pressed to break a lens.
The wide angle filters make a HUGE difference in how the light projects.
Photos below..

So far on my own bike Im using ambers during the day, and clear at night, although when I raced the bike at the 24hr in oct I ran the Ambers during the night when it got very foggy, the ambers helped quite a bit. I had the 5th fastest lap time on a 950 against real dirt bikes, That wasn't due to riding skill.
I could see where most others where riding by brail.

I could see a guy using the wide angle filters for medium or slower paced trail riding or running one wide range and the other side normal like you commented on. Even with the wide filters on both lights they project farther than 99% of the LED aux lights available today. Its a setup I most likely will be running on my Thursday night rides this summer.

Our mission is to provide the best possible customer service with great products Thank You
I know you will find them useful, I can add them to your order.

Good to know there is no need for protective covers and it sounds like I should get a set of the wide angle filters in clear. I really like how versatile these lights seem. Go ahead and add them to my order.

I was asking above about your plain clear filters, and now given your answer I am wondering what they are used for. On your website in the options of the Long Range Extreme LED light you have a drop down for adding the following filter types, the first is what I am curious about:

Filter - Clear
Filter - Amber
Filter - wide beam clear
Filter - Wide beam amber
PNWRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:20 PM   #767
cba191
wanna buy a monkey?

Oddometer: 691
are there lens covers available for the regular long range lights? I wouldn't mind a set of ambers.
cba191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:27 PM   #768
ssevy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 815
Quote:
The 10 watt versions are very potent. I guarantee that they will work great as conspicuity lights and also work very well for night riding, for your application I would recommend the 20 degree units.
The 25's are crazy bright with the longest distance of ANY aux led available. Having the option to quickly change covers for different lighting affects is really nice. changing the filter is just a matter of popping off one and popping on another no tools required.
We do have some felt bags, If you want one with your order let us know and I can throw one in.

I
Thanks! I just ordered the 10 watt lights with the switch and dimmer and a set of the tube mounting brackets which I hope will fit the Hepco Becker engine guards which I have yet to purchase. I appreciate the 20% discount offer very much, and will keep checking on the LED headlight replacement, as I need to save every amp possible.
ssevy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:32 PM   #769
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWRider View Post
Good to know there is no need for protective covers and it sounds like I should get a set of the wide angle filters in clear. I really like how versatile these lights seem. Go ahead and add them to my order.

I was asking above about your plain clear filters, and now given your answer I am wondering what they are used for. On your website in the options of the Long Range Extreme LED light you have a drop down for adding the following filter types, the first is what I am curious about:

Filter - Clear
Filter - Amber
Filter - wide beam clear
Filter - Wide beam amber
Ill get you taken care of.
The clear plain filters are for protection, I don't feel they are necessary but others may feel differently, several sets of these raced the Baja 1K last round with no issues.
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:34 PM   #770
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cba191 View Post
are there lens covers available for the regular long range lights? I wouldn't mind a set of ambers.
Im sorry they are not, We have considered having some made but haven't moved on that yet.
1-800-624-0278
Old 02-03-2014, 07:37 PM   #771
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssevy View Post
Thanks! I just ordered the 10 watt lights with the switch and dimmer and a set of the tube mounting brackets which I hope will fit the Hepco Becker engine guards which I have yet to purchase. I appreciate the 20% discount offer very much, and will keep checking on the LED headlight replacement, as I need to save every amp possible.
Thank You
The brackets should work well with your Hepco bars, they are very adaptable from 7/8 threw 1 1/4 inches, The pedestal rotates 360 degrees.
Its a good idea to clean and locktight the pedestal shaft and clamp barrel.
1-800-624-0278
Old 02-04-2014, 05:30 PM   #772
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Skene dimable harness instrucions

Ive been getting a lot of questions about the Skene dimmer and the options that we offer. I thought it might be a good idea to post up the basic wiring instructions for the Cyclops lights using the Skene dimmer.
When you purchase the Skene dimmer harness option we set you up with the lights and harnesses prewired as much as possible, we also include the connectors you should need for custom tailoring the ground wires into the Skene controller, Positive wires to the battery are complete plug and play.
Take look at the wiring options below. You can run the lights from the factory switches or chose to use the handle bar switch for either on/off or for dimming.
If you chose to use the handle bar switch for on/off simply run your switched power wire threw the switch, into the switched power input wires for the Skene dimmer.

Here are the Skene diagrams. The notation about the customer provided switch would be the handle bar mounted switch.

In driving lamp mode, full power is sent to the lamps when the high beam switch is activated.
In fog lamp mode, the lamps are turned off when the high beam switch is activated.

If no switch is connected to the yellow wire and the high beam is off, the lights can be programmed to operate at any brightness from off to 100%.

If more brightness settings are required, a two or three position toggle switch or a momentary-contact pushbutton switch may be connected as shown in the following diagrams.

Handle bar mounted switch for dimming option

This allows two independent brightness
settings, A and B to be selected,

There is also an option in the controller for a 3way switch or momentary switch. We have the 3 way switch available with a built in momentary switch.
1-800-624-0278
Old 02-04-2014, 06:34 PM   #773
The Opa
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 619
[QUOTE=Off Road Ryder;23392366]Ive been getting a lot of questions about the Skene dimmer and the options that we offer. I thought it might be a good idea to post up the basic wiring instructions for the Cyclops lights using the Skene dimmer.
When you purchase the Skene dimmer harness option we set you up with the lights and harnesses prewired as much as possible, we also include the connectors you should need for custom tailoring the ground wires into the Skene controller, Positive wires to the battery are complete plug and play.
Take look at the wiring options below. You can run the lights from the factory switches or chose to use the handle bar switch for either on/off or for dimming.
If you chose to use the handle bar switch for on/off simply run your switched power wire threw the switch, into the switched power input wires for the Skene dimmer.

I am using the Skene Controller with (brand x) LEDs on my bike, and I love it. (I hadn't found you when I got those, got the controller separate. Think I will shortly add some from you).

Question: can two separate sets of LEDs be run off one Skene Controller?

Question #2: Is there any reason that a Skene couln't be used on a cage vehicle with some of your LEDs? I did look over your web site after I found you, but it is not clear to me if the Skene works in that application. I just don't know if the regular hi/low beam switch in a cage would set the low beam level.

Question #3: Are all the prices on your site for 2 lights? One of the models indicates '2 light set for xxx.xx more'.

I apologize if I repeated questions others have asked, I did not read every page of the thread.

Thank You

Opa Rides
The Opa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:26 PM   #774
MaxThePanda
Psycho Panda

Oddometer: 81
I have a 690 with custom fairing and terrible halogens which I want to do away with completely. If I replaced those with long range extremes, clear filter on main/brights beam (with 40% dimmer for road use) and wide filter for dip beam - and everything on for full off-road mode - would that work?
MaxThePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:33 PM   #775
Maoule
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 340
New Long Range LED Aux Lights

Thanks for answering my wiring questions Darryl. Here's what I wound up with:

Long Range Optimus 10 and 20

Lights mounted to 3/16" alum. plate

I mounted it using bolt holes on the bottom of the triple clamp. I'm also using the plate to mount the Hella Supertone single horn

I stuck the Skene controller to the bottom of the OEM reflector housing

I ran the light power and ground as well as the controller power wires back to the Eastern Beaver power distribution block in my glove box
The rest of the wiring I did behind the light cowling.
I'm impressed with the quality of the lights, especially the harness plugs. The programming on the controller was pretty staightforward after I got everything in place. I went with the driving light option, left the yellow wire disconnected, and, I think, 30% on the low beam power.
Compared to the cheap 2" LEDs I had before, the focus/throw on these is waaay better. I haven't had it out yet, but in the garage, from 12-13', the beams are ~1.5 - 2' diameter. The previous lights just lit up the whole wall. Thanks again and keep up the good work!

Maoule screwed with this post 02-04-2014 at 09:40 PM
Maoule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:42 PM   #776
SOP Dirt-Rider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 663
Quote:
Im sorry they are not, We have considered having some made but haven't moved on that yet.
If you do I am down for 2 amber plain and 2 amber wide angle.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:13 AM   #777
Yellow Pig
Allergic to Asphalt!

Oddometer: 7,078
Can the Skene dimmer be wired to the + terminal of the lights vs the -?
Old 02-05-2014, 07:40 AM   #778
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

[QUOTE=The Opa;23392897]
Quote:
Ive been getting a lot of questions about the Skene dimmer and the options that we offer. I thought it might be a good idea to post up the basic wiring instructions for the Cyclops lights using the Skene dimmer.

I am using the Skene Controller with (brand x) LEDs on my bike, and I love it. (I hadn't found you when I got those, got the controller separate. Think I will shortly add some from you).

Question: can two separate sets of LEDs be run off one Skene Controller?

Yes there is a max amp pull for the dimmer 6 amps or 72 watts

Question #2: Is there any reason that a Skene couln't be used on a cage vehicle with some of your LEDs? I did look over your web site after I found you, but it is not clear to me if the Skene works in that application. I just don't know if the regular hi/low beam switch in a cage would set the low beam level.

No problem.. autos work very much like bikes

Question #3: Are all the prices on your site for 2 lights? One of the models indicates '2 light set for xxx.xx more'.

We have options for single or light sets. Some customers only want one light, most want a set. The first price you see is a single light. you will see "add two light set"

I apologize if I repeated questions others have asked, I did not read every page of the thread.

Thank You
Thank You
1-800-624-0278
Old 02-05-2014, 07:46 AM   #779
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxThePanda View Post
I have a 690 with custom fairing and terrible halogens which I want to do away with completely. If I replaced those with long range extremes, clear filter on main/brights beam (with 40% dimmer for road use) and wide filter for dip beam - and everything on for full off-road mode - would that work?
Absolutely! There are several guys doing that on various bikes 950SE's,
a few street fighters. I know of a few gs800 projects currently going on and I am currently setting that up on my personal 950 SuperAdventure.

We are using full power to both lights for high beams and the dimming mode for low beam. Not DOT certified
1-800-624-0278
Old 02-05-2014, 07:49 AM   #780
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Thanks. That's a really nice install and bracket!!
I really appreciate your post!
1-800-624-0278