Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2014, 09:19 PM   #811
Drunk_Uncle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,087
Holy crap what headlights are you using. My headlights SUCKED on my 06 955i. auxiliary lights were mandatory on that thing.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:31 PM   #812
cba191
wanna buy a monkey?

Oddometer: 657
Low beams and high beams (labeled) were with the Long Range lights. The unlabeled shot was just the Sylvania Xtravision. I have ordered the LED bulbs though.

Maybe I'll show them to you when I roll through this summer.

cba191 screwed with this post 02-23-2014 at 09:39 PM
cba191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:59 AM   #813
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by squadraquota View Post
Hi Darryl,

my pair of 'Seahawks' arrived today, all the way to the Low Countries. Yeah!

They really look and feel nice, solid build and top notch finish.

Over the next two weeks I must try and find some time to mount them (should not be that hard) and figure out the best way to operate them through the KTM Euro light switch (will take some figuring out to how and where that switch routes 12V and ground).
I intend to set it up to switch the leds off/dimmed/100% and integrate them as much as possible with the existing wiring. So instead of just cutting off the connector, try and use the 'outputs' where the KTM accessory leds are supposed to connect and sse if I can find a connector to hook up the Skene at that position.

Will post my results for those interested!
Thanks..
I have had issues running all power threw the switched power sources. I highly recommend running the fused wire to the battery
Run the red Skene wires to the switched power line on the bike, If you don't need programing run the yellow Skene wire to the 12V switched power as well.
I think that 50% is really all the dimming a guy would need, it also makes a much easier install.
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:00 AM   #814
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cba191 View Post
Low beams and high beams (labeled) were with the Long Range lights. The unlabeled shot was just the Sylvania Xtravision. I have ordered the LED bulbs though.

Maybe I'll show them to you when I roll through this summer.

Thanks Great photos and install!!!
1-800-624-0278
Old 02-24-2014, 09:15 AM   #815
DirtJack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,110
My Cyclops LED install on 1190R

Here's a post to an 1190 thread of my LED install on an 1190R. Darryl, thanks for the wiring help.
2008 KTM 690 Enduro

DirtJack screwed with this post 02-24-2014 at 09:22 AM
DirtJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 11:27 AM   #816
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtJack View Post
Here's a post to an 1190 thread of my LED install on an 1190R. Darryl, thanks for the wiring help.
Thanks Jack
Im curious what needed to be shimmed on the Techmount mount for the 1190? is the bar smaller than 7/8?
Just a note on the fuse. we use large fuses due to vibration, not power draw, IME during racing situations, a 5 amp fuse will blow when off road riding. the 30 will still protect if you get a short, but will not prematurely fail due to vibration.
Thanks for the write up.
1-800-624-0278
Old 02-24-2014, 12:25 PM   #817
Drunk_Uncle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,087
CBA191, so you got a set of the test LED Headlight "bulbs?" That was the LED bulbs in your 955 Tiger? If that is so, I will be preordering for my 800 late this week. Those shots were Amazing!!! the difference!!
Old 02-24-2014, 12:53 PM   #818
DirtJack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road Ryder View Post
Thanks Jack
Im curious what needed to be shimmed on the Techmount mount for the 1190? is the bar smaller than 7/8?
Just a note on the fuse. we use large fuses due to vibration, not power draw, IME during racing situations, a 5 amp fuse will blow when off road riding. the 30 will still protect if you get a short, but will not prematurely fail due to vibration.
Thanks for the write up.
They are 22 mm. 7/8 in is slightly larger. What I did is to use a piece of heat reflective/insulating tape, which is not very thick. Metal on one side and sticky fiber glass on the other. Used a piece on each side of the clamp. The clamps still bottomed out when tightened, but exerted enough extra force to resist twisting.

As to the fuse, I'm not racing and changed fuse mostly for glitches in building/handling/testing the harness. I will change it upwards if it does blow later. Thanks again for your help. Once I get my seat back I'll test/adjust the lights and try to get some night use pictures.
2008 KTM 690 Enduro
DirtJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 01:28 PM   #819
cba191
wanna buy a monkey?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk_Uncle View Post
CBA191, so you got a set of the test LED Headlight "bulbs?" That was the LED bulbs in your 955 Tiger? If that is so, I will be preordering for my 800 late this week. Those shots were Amazing!!! the difference!!

I've ordered a set of the bulbs, but those were the long range auxiliaries. I've ordered the LED headlights, but don't know if I'll need them now.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:13 PM   #820
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I've ordered a set of the bulbs, but those were the long range auxiliaries. I've ordered the LED headlights, but don't know if I'll need them now.

With any of the long Range series, I would see no real reason to do anything with the headlight.
Other than offer a bit of fill, the headlight becomes nearly useless.
Save your cash, buy tires and gas.
1-800-624-0278
Old 02-24-2014, 06:36 PM   #821
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,605
Finally got the bracket finished for the Long Range Extreme LED... A round peg, does indeed fit in a square hole.... Sorta....

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 06:37 PM   #822
ssevy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 779
Even if you do not need the extra light output, its nice to save the amps for using other gear. That would be my main reason for going to LED headlight replacement. I looked at my 95 Tiger this weekend and I am not sure that I will have enough clearance in the back of the bulb housing and I hate to give up the rubber weather cover.
ssevy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 11:17 PM   #823
OldF7Guy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssevy View Post
Even if you do not need the extra light output, its nice to save the amps for using other gear. That would be my main reason for going to LED headlight replacement. I looked at my 95 Tiger this weekend and I am not sure that I will have enough clearance in the back of the bulb housing and I hate to give up the rubber weather cover.
+1. You can run the LED headlight and the long range lights for less output than the stock halogen bulb alone in my case. I cant afford the long range lights right now because of too many other mandatory projects like tires I have to tend to but I got the LED headlight module pre ordered. Its gotta be better than what I have now.
OldF7Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 11:20 PM   #824
cba191
wanna buy a monkey?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldF7Guy View Post
+1. You can run the LED headlight and the long range lights for less output than the stock halogen bulb alone in my case. I cant afford the long range lights right now because of too many other mandatory projects like tires I have to tend to but I got the LED headlight module pre ordered. Its gotta be better than what I have now.
I'll replace the halogens with the LEDs eventually, but money is tight. I have the auxiliaries already (haven't even ridden with them yet), but I need a chain and sprockets and a bunch of other stuff at the moment.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:39 AM   #825
ssevy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 779
Quote:
I'll replace the halogens with the LEDs eventually, but money is tight. I have the auxiliaries already (haven't even ridden with them yet), but I need a chain and sprockets and a bunch of other stuff at the moment.
Sometimes owning a motorcycle feels like being that plate spinner on the old Ed Sullivan show - just when you get one spinning smoothly, another one is going wobbly and is about to fall
ssevy is online now   Reply With Quote