Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2014, 06:52 AM   #886
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,059
I wanted to give everyone a heads up that I will be out of the office for the next week and a half,attending the Noobs rally then racing the Desert 100.
shipping and order help will be available in my absence, but technical support will be limited.
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:06 AM   #887
bracky72
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 896
I got a chance to wire these up properly the other day. The light is impressive at night but I am loving the increased daytime visibility I now have. I'm noticing passing motorists staring at me as I go by! Hopefully they don't target fixate. Thank's again for the lights.

bracky72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:08 AM   #888
gots_a_sol
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 398
I'll have to keep an eye out for you and I'll report what it is like for oncoming traffic

Surprised I've never seen your bike around as judging by the background of your pics, I think you live in Breckenridge? If so, my subdivision is right around the corner.
09 Husky WR165 - VCHSS #79L
gots_a_sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:20 AM   #889
bracky72
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 896
Locust Hill. If you see me coming give me the finger as you go by so I know it's you.
bracky72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:26 AM   #890
HighTechCoonass
Living the Dream....

Oddometer: 2,419
Laugh Holy shit!!!

you are going to set that house of fire!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrabaek View Post

All lights on.....
Old 03-29-2014, 12:48 PM   #891
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighTechCoonass View Post
you are going to set that house of fire!!
.... They did come out with their sunglasses on....

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:30 AM   #892
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Counterfit 25 watt Long Range Extreme lights

Most here know we have been offering the 25 watt Long Range extreme lights for some time.
This is a patented product co branded by Cyclops and VisionX

There is a Chinese company who ripped off the product and has been
selling it to others who are now offering it on ADV rider.

Of course the product is inferior and is only a poor copy of the original.

Those sellers have been notified and apparently don't care and are currently in violation of patent laws.
If its a 25 watt single emitter light and not sold under the Vision X or Cyclops brand name it is a copy.
1-800-624-0278
Old 04-01-2014, 10:45 AM   #893
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road Ryder View Post
Most here know we have been offering the 25 watt Long Range extreme lights for some time.
This is a patented product co branded by Cyclops and VisionX

There is a Chinese company who ripped off the product and has been
selling it to others who are now offering it on ADV rider.

Of course the product is inferior and is only a poor copy of the original.

Those sellers have been notified and apparently don't care and are currently in violation of patent laws.
If its a 25 watt single emitter light and not sold under the Vision X or Cyclops brand name it is a copy.
Nothing gets under my skin, as copyrights infringements does. I made a clumpsy move, trying to help out fellow inmates with broken plastic mudguards, offering to fix them with composites, and the mods came after me. I learned that the mods of this site, stand firm on copyright infringement......and so should they. After I explained what I was trying to do, case was dropped, by applaud them for standing by their defense. I think this case clearly is in violation of site rules, and you should notify GB, to look into this, and at the very least it will be yanked from ADVR. I do remember on your lights it clearly states this....

Erling

ebrabaek screwed with this post 04-01-2014 at 12:10 PM
Old 04-01-2014, 12:15 PM   #894
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Nothing gets under my skin, as copyrights infringements does. I made a clumpsy move, trying to help out fellow inmates with broken plastic mudguards, offering to fix them with composites, and the mods came after me. I learned that the mods of this site, stand firm on copyright infringement......and so should they. After I explained what I was trying to do, case was dropped, by applaud them for standing by their defense. I think this case clearly is in violation of site rules, and you should notify GB, to look into this, and at the very least it will be yanked from ADVR. I do remember on your lights it clearly states this....
Thanks
The offer has been made by admin to boot the offenders, I wont take it there.. yet, although after a rude pm I received from one vendor today, I might change my mind.
If you offer the pirated product threw a pm, your still selling the product and breaking not only trust, but the law.
These guys need to learn that they cant just blindly sell anything they get an email from china about. The clock is ticking on at least two ADV forum vendors.
1-800-624-0278

Off Road Ryder screwed with this post 04-01-2014 at 05:31 PM
Old 04-02-2014, 02:34 AM   #895
ohgood
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,075
Quote:

I see it says "pending".

Isn't pending the way people say " we don't have a patent" ?

Also, if its popular enough to get Chinese knockoff attention, its time to find something new to market. You cannot compete with China. Unpopular, sorry, bug true.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:37 AM   #896
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohgood View Post
I see it says "pending".

Isn't pending the way people say " we don't have a patent" ?

Also, if its popular enough to get Chinese knockoff attention, its time to find something new to market. You cannot compete with China. Unpopular, sorry, bug true.
From Wikipedia...

Patent pending

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For other uses, see Patent pending (disambiguation).
The expressions "patent pending" (sometimes abbreviated by "pat. pend." or "pat. pending") or "patent applied for" refer to a warning that inventors are entitled to use in reference to their product or process once a patent application has been filed, but prior to the patent being issued or the application abandoned. The marking serves to notify potential infringers who would copy the invention that they may be liable for damages (including back-dated royalties), seizure, and injunction once a patent is issued.
Fraudulent use of the patent pending warning is prohibited by the law of many countries and inventors should be cautious when marking products or methods that may arguably not be covered by any pending patent application. In some jurisdictions, such as the United Kingdom, a warning notice should ideally mention the number of the pending application.[1]

Erling
Old 04-02-2014, 07:50 AM   #897
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
From Wikipedia...

Patent pending

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For other uses, see Patent pending (disambiguation).
The expressions "patent pending" (sometimes abbreviated by "pat. pend." or "pat. pending") or "patent applied for" refer to a warning that inventors are entitled to use in reference to their product or process once a patent application has been filed, but prior to the patent being issued or the application abandoned. The marking serves to notify potential infringers who would copy the invention that they may be liable for damages (including back-dated royalties), seizure, and injunction once a patent is issued.
Fraudulent use of the patent pending warning is prohibited by the law of many countries and inventors should be cautious when marking products or methods that may arguably not be covered by any pending patent application. In some jurisdictions, such as the United Kingdom, a warning notice should ideally mention the number of the pending application.[1]
Thanks Earling
education is always a good thing.. Now as far as being weak, I don't see it that way at all. Im not a cut throat person and believe that it will all come out in the wash.
1-800-624-0278
Old 04-02-2014, 03:45 PM   #898
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Noobs Rally 2014

We had a great time in death Valley last weekend supporting the ADV NOOBs Rally. I met lots of new friends and saw some great old ones.
Thanks for letting us be a part of the fun!

1-800-624-0278
Old 04-02-2014, 09:26 PM   #899
Ol'NumNuts
Getting Stupider

Oddometer: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road Ryder View Post
Thanks Earling
education is always a good thing.. Now as far as being weak, I don't see it that way at all. Im not a cut throat person and believe that it will all come out in the wash.
Standing up for what is rightfully yours against those who would take what's yours away from you is a sign of strength, not weakness.

Like a termite attack, if it's left it gets bigger and a lot harder and more expensive to stop and repair the damage. Once the rot has begun it should be stomped out quickly and with an overwhelming show of strength. You might make a few people unhappy, but you will earn respect on both sides and hopefully give cause for 'pause' before another tries the same tactic.

Drop the banhammer; hard, fast and without mercy.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:51 AM   #900
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol'NumNuts View Post
Standing up for what is rightfully yours against those who would take what's yours away from you is a sign of strength, not weakness.

Like a termite attack, if it's left it gets bigger and a lot harder and more expensive to stop and repair the damage. Once the rot has begun it should be stomped out quickly and with an overwhelming show of strength. You might make a few people unhappy, but you will earn respect on both sides and hopefully give cause for 'pause' before another tries the same tactic.

Drop the banhammer; hard, fast and without mercy.

Thanks I appreciate that. Sometimes being a nice guy just sets you up to loose. I started this business out of a passion for night racing and riding, after 12 years Im learning that being the nice guy doesn't always pay off.
The Patent issue has been dealt with.

Stay tuned and see what we have up our sleeve, guys wanting the Low/entry level lights will be very happy
The CPS line is coming
1-800-624-0278

Off Road Ryder screwed with this post 04-03-2014 at 09:11 AM