Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2014, 10:42 AM   #1051
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Bum View Post
Damn, Cyclops stuff was really looking to be the way to go. Thanks for letting me know.

Edit: Do any of the smaller diameter Cyclops lights offer anything you'd be comfortable suggesting for headlight replacement?

I would not recommend any of the smaller lights for headlight replacement. Although the NXG series is potent, the difference between them and the long range is just to large of a gap.
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 06:23 PM   #1052
nateberkopec
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
Super stoked for my Cyclops headlight - should be shipping soon! Woot!
nateberkopec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 08:24 PM   #1053
SOP Dirt-Rider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 666
Quote:
Damn, Cyclops stuff was really looking to be the way to go. Thanks for letting me know.

Edit: Do any of the smaller diameter Cyclops lights offer anything you'd be comfortable suggesting for headlight replacement?
I would do some trimming on the inside of the fairing and do a flush mount inside. Add some type of weatherstripping as a buffer and to seal the openings to the lights. These lights are good enough for the added effort.
Old 07-21-2014, 06:29 AM   #1054
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOP Dirt-Rider View Post
I would do some trimming on the inside of the fairing and do a flush mount inside. Add some type of weatherstripping as a buffer and to seal the openings to the lights. These lights are good enough for the added effort.
I second that motion.
Beauty of composites, is that you can alter the shapes with ease....

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 07:18 PM   #1055
Heathen13
Other guy

Oddometer: 10
3.5" Cyclops LED rounds

Just wanted to post about my experience with Darryl and my new lights I got from him about two weeks ago. I found the lights though this thread and some others on ADV and they caught my interest right away. After some emails and phone calls with product info and bouncing available times to meet, I was able to come by and see the lights in person and meet Darryl. What a great experience - he answered any question I had, provided tons of valuable advice, and got me the lighting solution that I was looking for.

As for the lights themselves - I picked up the 3.5 rounds, f800gs mount, dimmer and harness, and a set of the amber covers for foggy rainy nights. Everything went together smoothly, the harness is great quality, the mount is strong and well finished, and the lights put out a very impressive amount of light. I was pleasantly surprised by how well they work and the amount of light they throw out. I positioned them to be a bit above the headlight on low beam (50% aux power) so as not to blind other cars and they really help in the daytime and in the dark. When I hit the high beams they go to full power and really light things up nice. I have only got to use them twice so far and on the road as I have been gone for work lately, but should get a chance to see em in some fast dirt and some single track soon...

Totally happy with every aspect of my lighting solution and I feel confident that if I ever have any issues with them that I will get taken care of. Now I am going to save up for a couple pairs of the 4.5s for my overland rig....

Thanx again Darryl!
Heathen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 10:26 AM   #1056
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen13 View Post
Just wanted to post about my experience with Darryl and my new lights I got from him about two weeks ago. I found the lights though this thread and some others on ADV and they caught my interest right away. After some emails and phone calls with product info and bouncing available times to meet, I was able to come by and see the lights in person and meet Darryl. What a great experience - he answered any question I had, provided tons of valuable advice, and got me the lighting solution that I was looking for.

As for the lights themselves - I picked up the 3.5 rounds, f800gs mount, dimmer and harness, and a set of the amber covers for foggy rainy nights. Everything went together smoothly, the harness is great quality, the mount is strong and well finished, and the lights put out a very impressive amount of light. I was pleasantly surprised by how well they work and the amount of light they throw out. I positioned them to be a bit above the headlight on low beam (50% aux power) so as not to blind other cars and they really help in the daytime and in the dark. When I hit the high beams they go to full power and really light things up nice. I have only got to use them twice so far and on the road as I have been gone for work lately, but should get a chance to see em in some fast dirt and some single track soon...

Totally happy with every aspect of my lighting solution and I feel confident that if I ever have any issues with them that I will get taken care of. Now I am going to save up for a couple pairs of the 4.5s for my overland rig....

Thanx again Darryl!
Thank You!!!
Its always nice to meet with our customers and really show them the difference in quality and performance from what they might be used to.
Looking forward to getting some of those Wednesday night rides in.
1-800-624-0278
Old 07-22-2014, 10:27 AM   #1057
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateberkopec View Post
Super stoked for my Cyclops headlight - should be shipping soon! Woot!
Thank you
We appreciate your buisness
1-800-624-0278
Old 07-22-2014, 11:30 AM   #1058
E-Bum
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOP Dirt-Rider View Post
Unfortunately, the problem is a little different. The optic/glass of the light itself fits well within the opening (the optic/glass was something like 2.6" in diameter or something). The problem is that the plastic shroud/housing is ~3.75" in diameter at its widest point, meaning that the center-to-center distance between the two fairing openings doesn't allow two of these lights to fit one on top of the other.

I could always choose to fit one of these lights to one of the openings, and source a smaller light to fit the other...
E-Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 03:45 PM   #1059
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Unfortunately, the problem is a little different. The optic/glass of the light itself fits well within the opening (the optic/glass was something like 2.6" in diameter or something). The problem is that the plastic shroud/housing is ~3.75" in diameter at its widest point, meaning that the center-to-center distance between the two fairing openings doesn't allow two of these lights to fit one on top of the other.

I could always choose to fit one of these lights to one of the openings, and source a smaller light to fit the other...

I didn't think it would work out for you, I wish I could point you in another direction for a quality product, Unfortunately I am unaware of a light that fits the bill.
Many think by the low price our lights are plastic, however the long range is all aluminum.
1-800-624-0278
Old 07-22-2014, 08:06 PM   #1060
E-Bum
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road Ryder View Post
I didn't think it would work out for you, I wish I could point you in another direction for a quality product, Unfortunately I am unaware of a light that fits the bill.
Many think by the low price our lights are plastic, however the long range is all aluminum.
Yup, that's why I was really looking forward to these lights, lots of good things I've heard. I tried to make little mock-lights with the dimensions you gave me, but it's too close to call. Because the openings are offset in the "z-axis" (meaning one opening sits slightly forward relative to the other), I may have enough space so that the widest parts of the lights don't hit each other. It's a tight fit for sure.

In any case, this part of the rebuild is a ways off... I was trying to get some research in to save some time. Who knows, maybe I'll buy a pair off you just to give it a try and then sell them at a loss if they don't. I'll be in touch toward the end of the summer hopefully. Thanks for all your help!
E-Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:39 AM   #1061
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Yup, that's why I was really looking forward to these lights, lots of good things I've heard. I tried to make little mock-lights with the dimensions you gave me, but it's too close to call. Because the openings are offset in the "z-axis" (meaning one opening sits slightly forward relative to the other), I may have enough space so that the widest parts of the lights don't hit each other. It's a tight fit for sure.

In any case, this part of the rebuild is a ways off... I was trying to get some research in to save some time. Who knows, maybe I'll buy a pair off you just to give it a try and then sell them at a loss if they don't. I'll be in touch toward the end of the summer hopefully. Thanks for all your help!
Thanks
We are reasonable, if the lights don't work for you there is not an issue with a return.
Im here to help, not just take your money.
1-800-624-0278
Old 07-27-2014, 09:36 PM   #1062
K7TNT
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 196
Here are my Long Range lights on my F700GS. I run them with my high beams. I will get the F7 LED head lights next. Here is all my lights on High beam. I also have the Amber filters.

K7TNT screwed with this post 07-28-2014 at 05:41 PM
K7TNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:38 AM   #1063
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rharrod View Post
Here are my Long Range lights on my F700GS. I run them with my high beams. I will get the F7 LED head lights next. Here is all my lights on High beam. I also have the Amber filters.

Thanks for the posting!!!
1-800-624-0278
Old 07-28-2014, 02:34 PM   #1064
DSM8
Where fun goes to die....

Oddometer: 3,704
Thumb Customer Service

I have one of the first production run sets of these lights on my bike.

After over 50K miles on the front of a V-Strom and now a 1200GS one of the lights started to intermittently blink very randomly.

Called Cyclops and explained what was happening, first thing he said was this is the first he had heard of this (now I am thinking oh well have to buy myself a new light). Then he say send it back, we will replace it not problem.

That right there is first class warranty/customer service. Without missing a beat they will replace the light (only afterwards did I find out they come with a lifetime warranty on the LED internals).

So it is going out in the mail.

I have posted in this thread on more than one occasion how much I am impressed by these lights, combine that with how Daryle (sp???) run his business and he is my go to guy for all my lighting need. ALL of my bikes are running his lights in one flavor or another.

DSM8 screwed with this post 07-29-2014 at 01:12 PM
DSM8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 05:48 PM   #1065
K7TNT
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 196