User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2014, 08:53 AM   #1
Idabiker OP
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Idabiker lighting prodcuts

I own a 2008 KLR650, and have a range of products that I offer for sale that will work on the KLR650 as well as other motorcycles.

1. LED tail/brake light module with flashing mode that is a brighter than stock drop-in replacement for the KLR650, but can also fit the Suzuki DR650 (with spacer tubes) and potentially other bikes with similar taillight housings. This is also available through Happy-Trail.

2. High output H7 and H4 LED headlight bulbs (3200 lumens).

3. Solid state relay for switching on/off electrical accessories up to 10 Amps. This is primarily intended for use with air horns such as the Stebel, but can also be used on other elecrical accessories. The on/off control can be done high side or low side, or even both (such as keyswitch on the high side to arm it and a ground side switch to then turn it on).

4. LED turn signal kit with custom high output LED bulbs available in any color.

Visit http://www.razorsedgesoft.com/klr/ for more information.

Idabiker
Idabiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 08:01 AM   #2
Idabiker OP
n00b

A couple of updates to answer a question I received about the fan and to address the light pattern for the H7:

First off, when the fan module is connected to the power supply, the light will run at full power (32 Watts for the H7 bulb). If the fan connector is not connected, or the fan fails, the power supply detects the failure and reduces the power to the LED (14 Watts for the H7 bulb). The provides a fail-safe mode in case anything ever happens to the fan, and it provides the option for running the light in a lower power mode for those that want to conserve energy for other equipment, such as heater suits in the winter. In low power mode, these bulbs still put out as many lumens as a 55 Watt halogen bulb.

Second off, I am going to modify the H7 bulb flange so that it has the keyway feature on two sides of the bulb, not just one. The way it was keyed, I could only mount the H7 in my 2008 KLR650 with the LED facing up. After testing it, I have determined that it is better to have the LED facing down so that light that does not shine into the reflector shines down onto the ground in front of the bike, providing better nightime illumination and avoiding sending light toward oncoming drivers. By having a mirrored key feature on the bulb, there is more flexibility for different motorcycles to be able to position the LED facing down, regardless as to whether the reflector housing has the keyway on top, or on bottom.
Idabiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 08:38 PM   #3
Idabiker OP
n00b

Here are some photos:

H7 Kit:

H4 Kit:

H7's installed in 2008 KLR650:

H7's viewed from front in daylight:

H7 low beam at night:

H7 high beam at night: