ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 08:17 AM   #16
Pantah
Red Sox Nation

Oddometer: 10,081
2012 was my first. I stayed in the lodge and ate in their bar. I had a great time and only fell off in the mud once.

1. 2 days are good, but I prefer the late start so I can ride there in the morning. Either that or long Saturday and maybe a 2pm finish on Sunday.

2. Campground

3. I'll buy whatever meals you serve

4. I'll pay the entry fee whatever amount you decide and if it is enough to include a sticker I'll take it. Not a fan of shirts, though.

5. The paper stickers you gave us this year were a problem to remove from my screen. Left a residue that is still there. I'd like at least tracks for my GPS, but I liked your roll chart so I'd prefer both I guess. The roll chart was fun once I figured how to go back and do-over.

Whatever you decide, I'll be there.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:39 AM   #17
Lil' Steve
PussyWagon™ Chauffer

Oddometer: 3,861
A 2 day event is definitely more appealing. Many of us have been arriving a day early and making this a 2 day event anyway, more riding =

9am starts are pretty common, maybe 9am start for big bike (longer mileage) routes and 10am start for the smaller bike/hero section types?

Accomodations really dont matter to me, but I really enjoyed the 2 day event you held at Camp Kinderland. At the one spot you were able to offer:
Cabins/primitive camping
Hot breakfast available for sale
Starting location
Large spot for evening socializing

That combination was great because most didnt have to unload/ride to the start, they were already there. The hot breakfast option by the local FD was a good choice. If you needed a real bed with a hot shower, there were plenty of cabins available, and plenty of room for the primitive campers. In the evening, plenty of space for all to spread out and socialize. And when you were done with the ride, tired and dirty, it was nice to be able to load up your bike at the start/finish and grab a quick shower before the haul home.
I realize that location may not be available, but I thought it worked out great the last time we were all there.

Dinner available doesnt matter to me, I usually bring my own.

I usually go for a t-shirt, but make the decision after seeing it first.

You guys have always put on a quality event, I think the 2 day is a step in the right direction because it allows those willing to travel longer distances the opportunity to experience more of the great riding you guys have available. I know some of the Jersey guys dont feel it's worth it to travel all that distance to ride a one day event.

Friday afternoon/evening access near the event helps those wanting to settle in before the first day's ride.

I think that's all for now, I'll chime in if I think of anything else. Thanks for the opportunity to let us have a say.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:56 PM   #18
Cattledog1969
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 127
Yes please make it a 2 day event!!!

Make it closer to 150 miles each day, there's no shortage of dirt roads and back roads and trails out there, use them all.

I camp at a private camp ground, but I would camp at the place they had at the Berkshire 2 day Turkey run back in September 2010.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:02 AM   #19
sledstorm1
CT RAMBLER'S MC CLUB

Oddometer: 838
You guys put on a great event, I want to come every year... With that said please do not put it up against the best enduro on NETRA's schedule...ie Leyden Memorial.. or any other enduro for that matter! Just my .02
Old 11-10-2012, 03:00 PM   #20
twolanefred
n00b

Oddometer: 6
1. Sunday rides are great, I work Saturdays .
2. Camping with facilities
3. Continental breakfast type stuff good enough for 9 am start.
4. Ride decal
5. Don't over think it, the ride was great last year.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:46 PM   #21
Rusty Rocket
Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer: 8,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by sledstorm1 View Post
You guys put on a great event, I want to come every year... With that said please do not put it up against the best enduro on NETRA's schedule...ie Leyden Memorial.. or any other enduro for that matter! Just my .02

We've been on the weekend before Memorial Day since inception. ( 9th one coming up ) Can't mess with history. Go to the sanction meeting and guard our weekend.
Member of: AMA, NETRA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, CCCofVT, Berkshire TR, CT Ramblers
Old 11-13-2012, 10:39 AM   #22
Boyscout1108
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 112
Definitely two day event. The longer the better, both days.
Camping is great, either way Yeah Campfires!!
No need for food.
T-shirt/decal--yes
I would like GPS tracks in addition to Roll chart.

Great time, Great people
Old 11-13-2012, 03:17 PM   #23
sailer
trained Cirus Bear

Oddometer: 799
1) is a 2 day event appealing to you? YES Should we start the day 1 ride at 9:00am and take you through 100+ miles of dirt roads and trails? YES Or start later in the day (like noon) and do less miles on day 1?

2) would you rather pay less and camp on a primitive (field) site? Or would you rather pay more to stay in a campground with camp sites, cabins, showers, etc. MORE $$$ SHOWERS ARE NICE after 100 miles of dust or mud
3) would like us to have breakfast available for purchase? Yes would you like dinner available for purchase? Yes

4) would you be interested in purchasing a BTR event tee shirt and/or BTR event decal? YES

5) what other input do you have for us on this event?[/QUOTE] both GPS files and Route sheets.
last year system of routes that loop back to that store with gas and food was a great idea. give some notice to the store
Old 11-14-2012, 09:23 AM   #24
Yeoldmoose
YEOLDMOOSE

Oddometer: 9
1) is a 2 day event appealing to you? Should we start the day 1 ride at 9:00am and take you through 100+ miles of dirt roads and trails? Or start later in the day (like noon) and do less miles on day 1?

2) would you rather pay less and camp on a primitive (field) site? Or would you rather pay more to stay in a campground with camp sites, cabins, showers, etc.

3) would like us to have breakfast available for purchase? would you like dinner available for purchase?

4) would you be interested in purchasing a BTR event tee shirt and/or BTR event decal?

5) what other input do you have for us on this event?
1. yes, 2 days is good. Some people like me may need to go a distance to get there so a late start and short ride may be better. Then again if camp area is ready the day before I would be fine with getting there a day early.
2. Rather pay more for a decent camp ground with clean facilities since I'm tent camping off by bike.
3. Meals to purchase would be ok with me, easy for the riders but would be a lot of work for the club to offer.
4. I would buy both, even more so if it raised money for the club or a charity.
5. Just keep in mind that some people need to com in from a distance and may need travel time. maybe a bail out middle of the second day for those who need to pack up and head home. Maybe route sheets with sweepers but muliple loops or bail outs so riders can decide how much they have time for both days.
Thanks for putting in the effort, enjoyed your rides in the past, Glenn
FOR I KNOW THE PLANS I HAVE FOR YOU...... jer 29:11
Old 11-16-2012, 10:00 AM   #25
trailhound68
Digger

Oddometer: 35
Amen

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfr870 View Post
A 2 day event is definitely more appealing.

9am starts are pretty common, maybe 9am start for big bike (longer mileage) routes and 10am start for the smaller bike/hero section types?

I really enjoyed the 2 day event you held at Camp Kinderland.
The hot breakfast option by the local FD was a good choice. there were plenty of cabins available, and plenty of room for the primitive campers. In the evening, plenty of space for all to spread out and socialize. And when you were done with the ride, tired and dirty, it was nice to grab a quick shower before the haul home.
I thought it worked out great the last time we were all there.

I think the 2 day is a step in the right direction because it allows those willing to travel longer distances the opportunity to experience more of the great riding you guys have available.

Friday afternoon/evening access near the event helps those wanting to settle in before the first day's ride.

What he Said!
Look forward to hangin' again Steve-O, chillin' & grillin'!
Old 11-16-2012, 06:59 PM   #26
Pantah
Red Sox Nation

Oddometer: 10,081
I already responded to the questions. My preferences were for 2 day, full campsite, food for purchase, campfires, and tracks plus roll chart.

I rode your event aboard a new motorcycle this year. I also rode the charity Loudon Classic and another two club events. Yours was the best. Interesting roads. You have really good options. Remarkably scenic too.

I think your ride could be a bigger draw if people knew about it. Making it a 2 day thing should really draw us out to make it an annual commitment. You certainly have the content to offer! I'm only 125 miles away, but after reading posts, 2 days would be appealing to a bigger crowd and maybe make it a signature event for a few years.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:17 PM   #27
Gargoyle OP
Trail Jester

Oddometer: 1,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post
I already responded to the questions. My preferences were for 2 day, full campsite, food for purchase, campfires, and tracks plus roll chart.

I rode your event aboard a new motorcycle this year. I also rode the charity Loudon Classic and another two club events. Yours was the best. Interesting roads. You have really good options. Remarkably scenic too.

I think your ride could be a bigger draw if people knew about it. Making it a 2 day thing should really draw us out to make it an annual commitment. You certainly have the content to offer! I'm only 125 miles away, but after reading posts, 2 days would be appealing to a bigger crowd and maybe make it a signature event for a few years.
Thanks for the feedback and kind words Pantah. We are certainly on a path to make this a 2 day. And we are hoping to draw more riders in total. Also, last years BBA drew riders from 7 states and Canada. That will be hard to top.

What we really want to do is not only have a great 2 day route for you all ... but have a great gathering at the event site. Please keep the input flowing here. We are listening.

Let me ask another question to everyone. How can we get the word out to more riders? Right now we use advrider and NEDB forums. And I started a Facebook page for BTR as well. Where else should we advertise or engage?
Berkshire Trail Riders on Facebook or follow me on Twitter
Old 11-17-2012, 06:41 AM   #28
Lil' Steve
PussyWagon™ Chauffer

Oddometer: 3,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle View Post
Let me ask another question to everyone. How can we get the word out to more riders? Right now we use advrider and NEDB forums. And I started a Facebook page for BTR as well. Where else should we advertise or engage?

If it gets put on the AMA National Dual Sport schedule, you'll automatically have nationwide exposure through their magazine and website.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:51 AM   #29
Gargoyle OP
Trail Jester

Oddometer: 1,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfr870 View Post
If it gets put on the AMA National Dual Sport schedule, you'll automatically have nationwide exposure through their magazine and website.
Yes, that's our hope .... we should hear pretty soon. We applied for the national Adventure series (not dual sport).
Berkshire Trail Riders on Facebook or follow me on Twitter
Old 11-17-2012, 12:46 PM   #30
Cattledog1969
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 127
Advertise it in the Netra news.
Closed Thread