Old 06-20-2014, 10:49 PM   #181
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leyman View Post
PM sent.
Back at ya.

I can get yours out tomorrow, but for anyone else I will be gone for the next week+ I can still reply to PMs but cant get anything shipped till I get back.

THanks!!!
COXR650L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 06:06 PM   #182
Leyman
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Got it already.

Just received my pants and jerseys, they look great and got here fast.

If you decide to start it up again I'll be a repeat customer. My brother liked them too, and if you still have some left he wants me to order some. I'll PM the details.

Thanks again.
Leyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 12:01 PM   #183
Darkside500
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
Do you have any small pants left?
Darkside500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 08:43 AM   #184
the schwartz
Buckethead Wendy

Oddometer: 480
i'm melting!

damn. i just wore my pants on their inaugural ride and melted the bottom of the left leg on my exhaust (nice black spot on the pipe now). looking for some advice on this.

a) what can i do to prevent this from happening in the future? i didn't have the pants velcroed tight around my boot top, might that have prevented this?

b) what advice do you have for repair / preventing it from coming apart further? can a local seamstress cut off some of the melt, reinforce and restitch? should i leave it alone?

i can send photos later, at work now.
1978 Suzuki GS 1000 (perma project)
the schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 08:06 PM   #185
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by the schwartz View Post
damn. i just wore my pants on their inaugural ride and melted the bottom of the left leg on my exhaust (nice black spot on the pipe now). looking for some advice on this.

a) what can i do to prevent this from happening in the future? i didn't have the pants velcroed tight around my boot top, might that have prevented this?

b) what advice do you have for repair / preventing it from coming apart further? can a local seamstress cut off some of the melt, reinforce and restitch? should i leave it alone?

i can send photos later, at work now.
Hey sorry that sucks. Ya try using the velcro on the lower leg to adjust the leg tighter at the bottom so it will not contact the exhaust.

As for the repair....

The fabric is nylon so if it melted there really is no issue with it unraveling and it will not come apart anymore down the road. Fixing it would only be cosmetic. Where is the damage at? If on the hem it is really easy for a seamstress to remove the hem, cut a new piece and replace. If it is further up the pant leg using a patch is about the only option because deconstructing the pant to replace the melted panel is not really feasible.

If you decide to have it fixed and they do not have any fabric send me a PM and Ill mail out some fabric to use.

Also I still have a few Mediums, XLs and 1 pair of L in the 2013 for $115 shipped and a few '12s in small for $50 shipped. I think Im out of XL jerseys, but Medium and Large Jerseys are $15 shipped or $10 if you order something else The website is officially down so PM me if you want some of the last original Dubinky gear

Ben
Old 07-14-2014, 09:41 PM   #186
ConTeacher
DirtBikeStuff.net

Oddometer: 228
1 pair of L in the 2013

Dibbs! PM sent.

http://ConTeacher.whereamiriding.com
ConTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:57 AM   #187
the schwartz
Buckethead Wendy

Oddometer: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by COXR650L View Post
Hey sorry that sucks. Ya try using the velcro on the lower leg to adjust the leg tighter at the bottom so it will not contact the exhaust.

As for the repair....

The fabric is nylon so if it melted there really is no issue with it unraveling and it will not come apart anymore down the road. Fixing it would only be cosmetic. Where is the damage at? If on the hem it is really easy for a seamstress to remove the hem, cut a new piece and replace. If it is further up the pant leg using a patch is about the only option because deconstructing the pant to replace the melted panel is not really feasible.

If you decide to have it fixed and they do not have any fabric send me a PM and Ill mail out some fabric to use.

Also I still have a few Mediums, XLs and 1 pair of L in the 2013 for $115 shipped and a few '12s in small for $50 shipped. I think Im out of XL jerseys, but Medium and Large Jerseys are $15 shipped or $10 if you order something else The website is officially down so PM me if you want some of the last original Dubinky gear

Ben
Hey Ben thanks for the response.
Considering a second pair of medium just to have, how many left now?

I might follow up with you about a piece of fabric, might be more than cosmetic ad the melt was pretty ragged/patchy. Appreciate that. Also any particular thread I should ask them to use, or supply on my own?

Here's some pics, it's just on the hem under the leather on the left leg. But I wouldn't be surprised if some continues to crack offa bit

1978 Suzuki GS 1000 (perma project)
the schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 12:01 PM   #188
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Wow ya thats a pretty good melted area

My advice to keep any alteration costs down is have the seamstress just cut off burnt stuff and add a new hem over (or encasing) the existing hem. Any heavier weight nylon thread will work fine.

I do have a few mediums left.

Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by the schwartz View Post
Hey Ben thanks for the response.
Considering a second pair of medium just to have, how many left now?

I might follow up with you about a piece of fabric, might be more than cosmetic ad the melt was pretty ragged/patchy. Appreciate that. Also any particular thread I should ask them to use, or supply on my own?

Here's some pics, it's just on the hem under the leather on the left leg. But I wouldn't be surprised if some continues to crack offa bit

Old 07-15-2014, 01:18 PM   #189
StG
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 116
Finally had a chance to try out your pants & jersey. Very nice kit!!! I should probably order some more before it's too late.
StG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 04:15 PM   #190
Lutz
Killer Rabbit

Oddometer: 1,336
I just used my 2013 pants and jersey for the first time over the weekend as well...something like 400 miles over three days in conditions from (less than) walking pace brush busting to 80 mph high speed gravel, soaking rain to bright sunshine. Temps ranging from low 50s to mid 70s. Very comfortable in all conditions, the leg vents work great, especially when standing. Honestly, they were so comfortable, I forgot I was wearing them most of the time.

This is great gear. Wish they could remain in production.
Lutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:16 PM   #191
caljw
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 379
PM'd on a large jersey
2005 DRZ400s
caljw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 06:40 AM   #192
winch
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Is Dubinky still in existence? I can't access the (old?) website.
winch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 06:41 AM   #193
gen
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 772
Sadly no.
DoD#1458 | GaijinRiders | 2010 KTM 690 Enduro
gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:02 AM   #194
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Thanks for the support and kind words guys!!!!

Ben
Old 07-16-2014, 08:26 AM   #195
mag162
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Are there any pants for us Husky guys?
44 waist?
mag162 is offline   Reply With Quote