Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-03-2014, 09:06 PM   #1
Meff OP
half way there...

Oddometer: 55
iPad Mini as GPS Using Sygic, CoPilot, Motion-X GPS Drive Apps

I just completed a 10 day trip and only used the iPad Mini as navigation alternating between Sygic, CoPilot, Motion-X GPS Drive, and even a little Google Maps when I was in cellular coverage. Sygic and CoPilot were my defaults but the more I used Motion-X GPS Drive, the more I liked it. All 3 had offline maps, streaming bluetooth music and turn by turn to my Sena SMH10 that worked exceptionally well. Plus, I had TripAdvisor, NOAA Satellite Weather and the entire internet at my fingertips when needed. Fantastic set up and made the trip that much better. It's very hard to pick a winner from the 3 Apps as each has their own strengths, but all have very few weaknesses compared to the Garmin.

The set up worked like a champ with no issues. I'll try to find the time to do a detailed report on each of the 3 Apps and the iPad Mini set up but here's the short form.

Set up:

iPad Mini w/Retina Display (with cellular plan)
TechArmour AntiGlare screen protector
LifeProof Nuud waterproof case and LifeProof cradle
Various Ram Ball mounts/arms to the cradle (which uses an AMPS mount)