ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2012, 12:00 PM   #1
localmoto OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 179
wnc dinners ??

hello.

do you want to.. ride SUNDAY ,most of the day -all year-, finding new areas to ride, new people to meet , and stop to eat (good food) at some little -mostly unknown place...
we would rotate where/what, we ride, too meet, and where to eat. ... so can , really ride all areas around.. also meeting more folks.. example; one ride/stop maybe right at your back door,,(maybe you will want to lead/ know a good trail ??!!), while another trip is a good hr away from home,,(area you have never been)..??.. even small groups meeting to ride together ,in another area... etc ,,etc..

then please lets get together....

i'm in cashiers/highlands = close to ga or sc state lines 15min est ... tenn/dragon/murphy/andrews or ashville est 1.5hrs way..
sun/mon/tue are my free days,,now... i work most every fri/sat thro the year.... missing most all normal rallies...

so if want to ride sun ,mon or ,tue................ please get n touch......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...........
localmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:05 PM   #2
avocado_sandwich
herbivorousmotogirl

Oddometer: 308
WNC Dinners

There used to be a monthly WNC ADV dinner, but, the dinner faded away. Now, most of the Asheville area riders just meet at Wedge Brewing on Wednesday nights. If the weather is nice, there will be a lot of bikes. If it's cold, a lot of riders will show up, but, in cages instead of on bikes.
avocado_sandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:52 PM   #3
localmoto OP
Gnarly Adventurer

want a ride?

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado_sandwich View Post
There used to be a monthly WNC ADV dinner, but, the dinner faded away. Now, most of the Asheville area riders just meet at Wedge Brewing on Wednesday nights. If the weather is nice, there will be a lot of bikes. If it's cold, a lot of riders will show up, but, in cages instead of on bikes.

hey
well that sux..
ah ,, ya i cook/chef work most every friday/saturday,, worked 60+ days strait,,middle of summer ..now my sunday/monday's are free= anyway..

looking to start/incourage other's to ride- too eat ,,,---not ride too drink, or not just meet at the bar -- noting wrong with that !!!
but two wheeling it back , an hr plus from home ,, is ,, ah,, not something that would not recomend...

what about going to a different new place ,,to ride ???

will the ashville crew not ride out ,,,too say = tellico tenn/cherokee/murphy/nantahala/hendersonville/brevard/waysville/clemson/lake lure,,, etc,,etc.....?????????..............we can ride-all day/meet/eat and still , be home before dark,, if ya want to....??

wanting to meet others,, eat even have a beer ,if u chose,, just mainly ,, too ride an explore...

i don't want to go to same place every time,,(unless its kickass),,, i want to travel, too all area's around , find new hang outs ,better food , and rotateing where to ride/eat,,,etc ,,etc...

SO trying/planning on ride out ashville/mars hill way,, this comeing NEXT sunday -18th- ....
meet over that way est 11:00 ,,,, (will take me least a hr to over there)..ride - eat - go home

you able/want to join??
you know _anatic ?? cuttle too???
Old 11-12-2012, 07:07 AM   #4
avocado_sandwich
herbivorousmotogirl

Oddometer: 308
I'm suggesting you come out to the Wedge on Wednesdays, when you can, because that's where everyone meets up, and, a lot of people plan their weekend rides there. If you have Sundays off, you should be able to convince some folks to ride on Sunday.

Wedge has beer, and food trucks set up in the parking lot.

The monthly dinners were fun. We met at different places all around the area, but, it was hard to get everyone to decide on a place to meet each time.

If you have a ride planned, I recommend posting up on the WNC main thread, and on the WNC Motorcyclists facebook page. Then, you're sure to get some responses. But, you've really got to post something specific to get any kind of response.

My schedules are weird. I never know my Sunday schedule until Friday or Saturday. So, it's really hard for me to plan a ride for Sunday. My bike is out of commission for the next few days while I replace my chain and sprockets, but, I might be up for something next week depending on the work schedule.
avocado_sandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:05 PM   #5
localmoto OP
Gnarly Adventurer

ok .

ok , thanks for talking/info ...

will try n make it out to the wedge ,,first wednesday i have off..
probaly ride there ,no matter the temp as long as it not wet..

so as to ,getting a monthly ride/eat , thing going...
1 we could start an plan ,picking spots/area to ride,, AS i have endless back roads, to about any where around my area,,hwy 28/64/107/281/skyway etc,,etc ,, waterfalls everywhere !!! plus Roy a Taylor = wayehutta is in my back yard for serious 30est mile,, off-road public park = not open all year..

2 make calender marking dates, an areas ,to plan on ride in.... like mine?? an who ever feels/comfortable leading, hopefully will take you places, , you have never been...??...

3 after pinning down where ,more folks can meet/like area to ride .. we would just rotate places.. an hope to throw some other odd/different route in there = summer warmer more daylight/time , winter cold n dark fast... trust me i ride down to sc/ga just for lunch in winter ,because can be least ten degree colder ,up here at my place....

again THANKS !!!! hope to see ya, next sunday -18th ..??..!!..
Old 11-17-2012, 10:57 AM   #6
localmoto OP
Gnarly Adventurer

ride-n ??!!

hey
sorry last min , for any who want to join in ,,THIS SUNDAY the - 18th - ????..!!!!!

Meet in canton , at waffle house (exit 31 off i-40) near ken wilson ford dealer...

10:00 to meet an eat,, leave by 11:00... will vote/deside where ride ,,depends who shows up and = where you want to go???
Old 11-18-2012, 04:39 PM   #7
Bermbuster
Bermbuster

Oddometer: 12
Ready to ride - occasionally.

Local Moto, pm me this week if you want to ride. I'm in the lake Toxaway area, so should be close to you. I live in Atlanta and am only here weekends, but have taken this week off to ride and work on the house.

Most of my riding around here has been on the street bike, but I'm ready to explore on my EXC. I see lots of gravel roads, would be much more interested in single track trail if there is any to be found.
03 525 EXC
85 RZ350 Kenny Roberts
69 Z50A
on KTM since '87
Bermbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:36 PM   #8
Aarrff
Gravel Grinder

Oddometer: 1,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by localmoto View Post
hey
sorry last min , for any who want to join in ,,THIS SUNDAY the - 18th - ????..!!!!!

Meet in canton , at waffle house (exit 31 off i-40) near ken wilson ford dealer...

10:00 to meet an eat,, leave by 11:00... will vote/deside where ride ,,depends who shows up and = where you want to go???

Good ride today!!! Do again soon!! Stay in touch with me and _anatic!

Ed

R1200GSA, R 80 RT ( adv project )
Honda XR 70 R
Aarrff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:56 AM   #9
lgajohnymac
(*)

Oddometer: 1,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarrff View Post

Ed
breaking in that new ride?
lgajohnymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:03 AM   #10
localmoto OP
Gnarly Adventurer

dinner -breakfast ??

[QUOTE=Aarrff;20074165]Good ride today!!! Do again soon!! Stay in touch with me and _anatic!

hey ,

was great,, when ever want/can get up , ride LETS !!

yes ,,about any sunday ,we can do it again... you only about 30min from me

thats whats its about !!!! too meet other rider's, in area ,stop an eat, talking to along the way,,,,
so we can ride more find more places to ride !!!!!!

THANK you for, joining and helping, pointing/leading in right direction , = its all about the exploreing
Old 11-20-2012, 09:44 PM   #11
Aarrff
Gravel Grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgajohnymac View Post
breaking in that new ride?
Naw...wuz on the KTM with localmoto but I am getting it dialed into fit me. Repositioned the bars a little so I can stand better and stuff like that. It felt good on a test run today up 215. Fueled that beast up today and it held almost 6 gallons and already had over a 100 mile range of fuel in it Everybody talks about the Adventure feeling top heavy when fueled...maybe it's my numbskull but it was fine to me and rides about like the GS except geared lower in 1st thru 3rd, and has less waggle in steep gravel hairpins what few I have tried ( weight in front maybe? or taller suspension affects the head angle attitude??). Maybe tomorrow I'll get out and try to run out that tank of petro...what u doin this week? comin home?? Have a Happy Turkey!

Honda XR 70 R
Old 11-20-2012, 09:54 PM   #12
Aarrff
Gravel Grinder

[QUOTE=localmoto;20076704]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarrff View Post

hey ,

was great,, when ever want/can get up , ride LETS !!

yes ,,about any sunday ,we can do it again... you only about 30min from me

thats whats its about !!!! too meet other rider's, in area ,stop an eat, talking to along the way,,,,
so we can ride more find more places to ride !!!!!!

THANK you for, joining and helping, pointing/leading in right direction , = its all about the exploreing
Yup! Catch up and point is about all I can do with you young whippersnappers I got a house full of college kids until Sunday afternoon. Guess I need to stay round here as see them off back to school in the afternoon. Maybe check on _anatic with a PM or somebody will see your post here and jump in this weekend. I'll catch you again in a couple weeks....

Honda XR 70 R
Old 12-03-2012, 07:23 AM   #13
localmoto OP
Gnarly Adventurer

ride-n ??!!

hey all,
wayehutta = Roy A Taylor ohv/orv/atv park (sylva) ...

will close the 15 of dec,,, yes next friday!!!!

So any one want to meet sunday and or monday ,,,,to get one/two more full days,, of some nice off-roading..
for any who's that ,have never been there ----- well start off ,, is a 30 some miles of ,public off-road trails..

would meet about 10-12am ,,ride to closeing est 5-6 when starts getting dark
five bucks a helment ,,you can ride all day on about any type of off-road vechical...But if not tagged you must haul in..

so any one up for slinging some dirt ???? oh ya ,,we can go find some food ,about dusk as park is not open for night rideing....
Old 12-03-2012, 08:18 AM   #14
JoeWannaB
Usually a nice guy

Oddometer: 1,907
Today would be a great day to ride over at worryhut but alas I have too much going on to get away even for a couple hours. Tomorrow doesn't look much better. I hope you get over there and have a good time.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:26 PM   #15
marshwater
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
Good riding today all. Coleman river next Sunday?
marshwater is offline   Reply With Quote