ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2012, 03:00 PM   #46
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junglerot View Post
Just ordered a pair of the pants Pretty much a no brainer for me with your satisfaction guarantee
Awesome, thanks! I will get them sent out tomorrow.

Ben

Westfest 2013
Canyonlands Adventure Ride
COXR650L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:01 PM   #47
Pablo83
Sleep, Wrench, Ride

Oddometer: 4,739
Congrats on your startup, Ben. I really wish you the best.
Pablo83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:19 PM   #48
Raul Duke
DROC

Oddometer: 1,578
First Impressions...

The Dubinky Colorado Pants

I received a package this week from Dubinky… needless to say, I was both curious and excited to open the box and see what Ben had come up with. You see, I had the same wants in riding apparel as Ben does… I am tired of the cheap crap that is made overseas that just has a name brand on it and because of that, they charge a premium for them. Cheap material, cheap construction but charge a premium??? We, as consumers, deserve better than that. So, with my fingers crossed, I opened the package…

Click the URL below to go to a Slide Show
https://picasaweb.google.com/1047746...48837833005810

The first thing you will notice is the material. This is Real material. Just by touch, you know that this material will take some abuse. You will then have your eyes pulled toward the leather on the lower inside of the pant legs. Yes, I said leather. Not stretchy plastic stuff, not regular material… but real leather. I don’t know how many riders I have seen – especially with an over the boot pant – that has the insides of the lower legs worn out, tore out, or melted out. Not only do those types of pants look like crap when they get to that stage, but they tend to start becoming snag hazards on foot pegs, kick start levers, or what have you. The Dubinky Colorado pants address this issue with the use of good ole’ leather.

While you are looking at the inventive use of leather, you will more than likely notice that the stitching is great quality. Just about every seam is double stitched and is started and finished well. No loose seams or extra stuff hanging off because of poor workmanship. The snaps, Velcro, cinch loops and zippers are also quality components and are attached well.

Embroidered Logos.

Specs

Made in the U.S.A.!

Bottom Boot Cuff Cinch Strap and Velcro Seams

Knee Area with multiple layers and room for knee armor/braces

Multiple Layer Rear

19" Rear Leg Vents

Rear Waist Line

Waist Cinch Straps – also notice how the rear rises to CYA.

Front Pockets

Liners

Everything Opened

I have yet to get out and ride in these pants, but my first impressions are that Ben did a great job in the design to include great quality materials and workmanship. The best things IMHO… These are designed by riders for riders. It’s also made in the U.S.A. with materials made in the U.S.A. and is the product of a new company located here in the U.S.A.

Link to my photos…
Dubinky

Great work Ben!
COHVCO
TPA
Raul Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:40 PM   #49
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater

Oddometer: 4,969
Nice writeup RD
RideFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:06 PM   #50
jjustj
JUSTAGUYTRYING2STAYDRY

Oddometer: 5,148
love that area.. going to try a pair o pants to see if i like them

http://www.eachtown.com/places/Dubin...l;1427598.html

http://www.placenames.com/us/p1427598/

http://wikimapia.org/6911336/Dubinky-Well-5293-ft

as much! with a name like Dubinky its gotta be good!

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=348508
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=489958 Sunday worship, a strap-on, and Does this water taste funny?
jjustj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:12 PM   #51
unaweep
Uses lotsa band-aids

Oddometer: 15,166
Awesome write-up and photos, Raul.

I'm REALLY looking forward to a package in the mail.

And, you are right- good name brands often fall flat on quality workmanship and components, despite the price premium.
unaweep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:21 PM   #52
FabOneUp
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 110
Raul Duke, you saved me a lot of time and there is no way I could have done as good of a job as you, but I'm going to at least say something.

Ben delivered my pants and jersey to my job sight today! They are everything and more than described. I have been looking for some good ride pants for a while now and I am glad I didn't settle. Every detail was thought out and he took our advise on what we wanted in a pant. Made in the USA! The Klim pants I almost bought don't even compare and they were made in Korea and more expensive. I was so impressed that I also got my wife a pant and jersey set.

Thank you Ben! You are very passionate about your product and brought us advriders just what we need. Looking forward to seeing your success and future products.
FabOneUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:28 PM   #53
burque magoo
master of disaster....

Oddometer: 4,565
Just ordered a set of pants, they look like great quality, and I'm glad to hear that you ship to countries outside of the United States, such as New Mexico!

Best of luck with the new startup, Ben, the quality of the product looks great!

burque magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:21 PM   #54
NMTrailboss
Team Dead End

Oddometer: 5,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by burque magoo View Post
...and I'm glad to hear that you ship to countries outside of the United States, such as New Mexico!

Old 11-11-2012, 07:43 PM   #55
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul Duke View Post
The Dubinky Colorado Pants

Great work Ben!

Ryan thanks for the awesome write up, I really appreciate it. I swear you and RideFreak are better at writing product descriptions than I am. Thanks for highlighting some of the design features that I really did not address and taking all the pictures.

I think though in full disclosure I should say the stuff did not fit that great I sent the stuff to Ryan just going off this pant size and what I am learning is that there is ZERO correlation to jean size and actual waist and inseam size (also individual body type is hard to account for, ie thick vs thin legs, tall torso vs tall legs, flat ass vs JayLo) it is really important to use a tape and not go off just jean size. I am curious to hear what Ryan's actual waist line measures.

The sizes for the pants are actual measurements and do not reflect jean size.

So for example....

I am 6'2" 210 lbs and wear 34x34 jeans, but 36in dress pants. My actual waist measurement is almost 37in and inseam is 32in. The mediums fit me great in the waist, but I still have to cinch them down to about 1/2 the adjustable range to make them comfortable when riding aggressively. They are too short, but still wearable for me (mostly because I did not make any taller sizes) The Larges are WAY WAY to big and the Smalls WAY, WAY to small.

If anyone has questions regarding sizing contact me. For anyone that has ordered and is not happy with size contact me and I will take care of it.

Nomadic-
Thanks for the order and support, I hope you and your wife enjoy them. Let me know how they work as overpants through the winter.

Burque Magoo-
Thanks for your order! I will ship them tomorrow. You New Mexicans are awesome, I have sent several out to our friends south of the border

For anyone that is worried about sizing with the current products. So far sales are going good and I will do everything I can to add more sizes on the next run, I am hoping it will be around, or just after, the first of the year.
Thanks everyone

Westfest 2013

COXR650L screwed with this post 11-11-2012 at 07:57 PM
Old 11-11-2012, 08:21 PM   #56
Raul Duke
DROC

As Ben had mentioned, I normally wear a 38 x 34 jeans. I am 6’3” 235.
My actual measurements per the garment industry are:
Waist: 42”
Hips: 43.5”
Inseam: 34” to floor 31” to the top of the foot.

The size Large pants from Ben were tight in the waist and hips for me. I think the length would have been fine, but maybe just a tad longer would have been ideal for me so they wouldn’t rise too much when sitting.
The XL jersey I had fit OK in the chest (I measure 48”), but the arms were a bit short when my arms are outstretched (about 4” from my ideal).
COHVCO
TPA
Old 11-11-2012, 08:24 PM   #57
unaweep
Uses lotsa band-aids

Oddometer: 15,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul Duke View Post
As Ben had mentioned, I normally wear a 38 x 34 jeans. I am 6’3” 235.
My actual measurements per the garment industry are:
Waist: 42”
Hips: 43.5”
Inseam: 34” to floor 31” to the top of the foot.

The size Large pants from Ben were tight in the waist and hips for me. I think the length would have been fine, but maybe just a tad longer would have been ideal for me so they wouldn’t rise too much when sitting.
The XL jersey I had fit OK in the chest (I measure 48”), but the arms were a bit short when my arms are outstretched (about 4” from my ideal).

I'm 5'-8". I think I may have stumbled upon perfection!
unaweep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:43 PM   #58
Raul Duke
DROC

Quote:
Originally Posted by unaweep View Post
I'm 5'-8". I think I may have stumbled upon perfection!
Sounds like it!

Im bummed because I really wanted to try those pants out on the trails. Now I have to wait until Ben does some additional size runs to get mine.

C'mon you normal size people, buy up Bens inventory so I can get my size soon!!!!
COHVCO
TPA
Old 11-12-2012, 10:42 AM   #59
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Everyone that ordered this weekend, you packages have been dropped off at either USPS or UPS (I did forget the post office was closed today, but they are in the drop box).

Thanks for the support
Ben

Westfest 2013
Old 11-12-2012, 05:17 PM   #60
skidxr
Excuses

Oddometer: 365
I wear a 34 x 32 jean. I measured my waist 1 inch below my navel and come up with 38. My inseam is 32 and hips 43. Does this sound like the large is the way to go? I do like my pants on the baggy side so I can layer up. Do you think these are going to fit tight? I would rather wear suspenders than have them fit tight.

Thanks. I really like your design but I would rather get it right the first time and save on shipping. You should see about putting those detailed pictures on your web site. They really helped me.