Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2013, 02:12 PM   #1876
btao
RIP Lilolita

Oddometer: 1,009
I have a Pelican 1550 and used button heads with fender washers on the inside with Keps nuts on the underside. Once you loosen it it spins off, but locks when you tighten. I'd recommend that, then put a thin rubber mat at the bottom so things don't jangle or slide around. I think I posted pics in this thread earlier on, or maybe of my bigger Holan box. Either way, I'd recommend it. You can use sealing washer too, but there's no way in hell water is getting in there unless it's submerged.
Old 10-11-2013, 03:08 PM   #1877
klinquist
übergeek

Oddometer: 1,094
Added hazard lights to my Tiger. Looks almost OEM.

The switch was $2.65 shipped from China:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=190882394613

I found wiring directions here, super easy:
http://www.triumphrat.net/tiger-800-...d-flasher.html
Old 10-11-2013, 03:25 PM   #1878
TN3Sport
East TN DS Rider

Oddometer: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by klinquist View Post

I used that same switch for my aux lights. It works well. Seems to handle direct power to lights (no relay) without problems.
TN3Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 03:29 PM   #1879
klinquist
übergeek

Oddometer: 1,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN3Sport View Post
I used that same switch for my aux lights. It works well. Seems to handle direct power to lights (no relay) without problems.
For my aux lights I just ordered the Triumph fog light OEM wiring harness/switch/relay (everything except the lights themselves)... and then used ADVMonster Model 60 LEDs and SWMotech aux light mounts. The button lights up when the lights are on too.

Old 10-11-2013, 03:47 PM   #1880
y0y02369
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,126
Thanks for the tips on the bolt head fellas but what i didn't show in the picture is that a foam layering that came with the pelican case. I cut some holes in accordance to where the bolt are and the foam still covers the very end. But i was thinking of a way to cover for longer rides so i could take that foam out and know i know! So thank you!

Probably gonna cut the bolts down a bit too... some rainy weekend i will most like do this and get those plugs too!
y0y02369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 03:57 PM   #1881
y0y02369
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmychajluk View Post
Here it is: http://www.twistedthrottle.com/sw-mo...r-800-800xc-11

This is the base:

I'm thinking it will be OK, and ordered the part from the Amazon link you provided. Thanks again!
yeah this should be no issue. The risers come with four of the same size, the lower two of the OEM. And when made sure the handled bars were centered, the spacing of the handle bar mounts looked the same as OEM also. Made a HUGE comfort difference for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustynut2 View Post
I tried the rox risors for a week with no luck, still uncomfortable with the added ugly factor. Went with the explorer bars, much happier. I have my next to new RR if you want to give them a try, cheap.
[COLOR="rgb(255, 140, 0)"]Yeah for me being as tall as i am, my issue was sore back and wrists due to being too forward. Now i am perfectly upright.[/COLOR]

Quote:
Just ordered a set of Rox risers that I will use to mostly pull the bars BACK rather than UP. As I suspected, my Sargent seat is great... but the 'bowl' is too far back - I'm short (5'9") and like to sit against the tank.

If the Rox risers don't put me in a more comfortable position I'm not sure I'll keep the Sargent. :(
[COLOR="rgb(255, 140, 0)"]I spent a good 45 minutes getting mine adjusted properly. I am sure you can wiggle the bars to fit your needs. Another option is maybe getting one with a higher rise...? the have them with a 2" 3" or 5" rise that all fit the tiger... Not sure if you knew that but it could resolve your issue.[/COLOR]
Old 10-11-2013, 03:58 PM   #1882
y0y02369
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

I was recently thinking about this! The tiger has a "parking" mode which lights up a tiny light bulb in the front and the tail light... anyone thought of hooking up the hazards to this relay and avoid having another switch...?
Old 10-11-2013, 05:34 PM   #1883
XCRider803
Loftin' the wheel

Oddometer: 849
Quote:
Originally Posted by y0y02369 View Post
Ok so the OEM fog lights are first. I really really like these especially since i commute, it make me much more visible even the day time! I can post some pictures of the difference between with and without the lights at night if anyone is interested. But definitely a great purchase.

Would you please? I've seen many posts of aftermarket lights but not the OEM. I don't like the Tiger 800 stock light setup. On low they are ok, but on high you lose the side light, they're terrible. I've heard, but not seen, that the OEM fog lights solve that problem.

TIA
XCRider803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:59 PM   #1884
BaddAndy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by XCRider803 View Post
Would you please? I've seen many posts of aftermarket lights but not the OEM. I don't like the Tiger 800 stock light setup. On low they are ok, but on high you lose the side light, they're terrible. I've heard, but not seen, that the OEM fog lights solve that problem.

TIA
OK? Maybe my lights aren't stock as I got the bike slightly used, but my lights are the most awesome stock lights I've ever had on a bike, much less any other vehicle I've had.
Old 10-12-2013, 03:21 AM   #1885
technikiller
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by XCRider803 View Post

TIA
What bike are you coming from? The Tiger's headlights are the best I've ever had on a bike.
Old 10-12-2013, 03:45 AM   #1886
Poweranger
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by technikiller View Post
What bike are you coming from? The Tiger's headlights are the best I've ever had on a bike.
+1 The stock Tiger lights are even better than any of my automobiles.
Poweranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 03:50 AM   #1887
Poweranger
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2ridetahoe View Post
Can you elaborate? Did someone put in different bulbs or, God forbid, HIDs?

I have HIDs in my car.

High beams are an option. My thoughts on high beams are, "So what if you have to squint. If I don't see it, I get hurt or die…"

JG
Sounds like you had a few to many when you posted that. Hopefully those squinters never drift over in your lane while trying to see the road ahead when you blind them...

Poweranger screwed with this post 10-13-2013 at 10:10 AM
Old 10-12-2013, 07:16 AM   #1888
BaddAndy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poweranger View Post
Hopefully those squinters never drift over in your lane while trying to see the road ahead when you blind them...
Stock bulbs. Low beam is so bright that I can ride with my lightly tinted half-visor at night for low-speed ant-fogging.
I agree, riding w/highbeams blinds drivers, all they see are a bright light, no bike. The Navy used bright lights to camoflage ships during WWII. What your're doing is hiding yourself from oncoming traffic behind a glare that they are squinting and looking away from on-coming traffic.
Old 10-12-2013, 11:49 AM   #1889
Poweranger
Studly Adventurer

The high beams are so good on the Tiger that they light up road signs on a bright sunny day. Anyone else notice this? That high beam will blind oncoming traffic even in the daytime.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:08 AM   #1890
Meteos
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Tiger surf rack

My all time dream is to go on a moto-inspired surf exploration. Here is the result of getting one step closer, a custom built and secure surf rack for the tiger 800xc. The entire rack clicks in and out in seconds and is secured with a key lock. I built a plate to bolt a pelican style mount to the SW Motec rack system. No movement or rattle at HWY speeds. Pray for surf!
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Meteos is offline   Reply With Quote