ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-26-2012, 04:42 PM   #316
yukonjon
Gnarly Adventurer
 
yukonjon's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Pacific Northwet, Tacoma
Oddometer: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
That link takes me to a 32GB memory card.... :what:
Fixed..try it now.
yukonjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:43 PM   #317
yukonjon
Gnarly Adventurer
 
yukonjon's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Pacific Northwet, Tacoma
Oddometer: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropinParts View Post
Hey Yukon,
I'm a big guy. 6'2" 280 lbs.
I want to make sure the "butt rest" for the rider is truly more rearward than the stock seat so as to accomodate my larger than average can. I need it to be more rearward by about 2".
I already have the Rox 2" bar risers.
Hmmm. Kinda hard to say but ill do what I can. On the stock seat I always sat pushing against the tank. It was the slant that bugged me on the stock but there was always room to slide back. Every time I slide back I would just go forward while braking.

With that said, and you are in a similar situation, I would say the Corbin would be fine. If you have room behind you when sitting against the tank then it would fit I think. On the Corbin the passenger seat seems to be shortened. Where they shortened the passenger seat, Corbin added the dished out seat pan. This leads me to think I am actually using some of the passengers area while riding. If you ride 2-up this might be a problem.

Take a close look at how far back the drivers area goes in pictures above as compared to where the drivers end and the passengers begin on a stock seat. Instead of a two piece seat, Corbin used that area to add seating room and made it wider for the rider.

So I would say it is one of the better seats for you assuming you aren't sitting all the way back to where the passenger seat sits on the stock. As for a whole 2 inches, idk. It sits flatter, slightly wider, further back, and definetely helps with sliding during braking.

If needed I can take some indepth pics and post em. If you have something specific I missed just ask. Hope this helps.
yukonjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:21 PM   #318
kingofZroad
Gnarly Adventurer
 
kingofZroad's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Montrose, CO
Oddometer: 296
Today I added the RAM mount for my iPhone and a fenda extenda....

kingofZroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:15 PM   #319
JWalton
How do I wheelie?
 
JWalton's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Too far from Mtns... Eastern NC
Oddometer: 21
Kriega Bags??

Didn't see anything on Kriega bags here - any experience with them?? Looking at a Combo set-up that can be broken down to a single 10L as a tail bag... US40Combo. I made the mistake of picking up OEM hard cases and can't stand the bulk. Looking to go soft all around and save the rigid's for something really long dist.
JWalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:00 AM   #320
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 9,120
My plan worked to get the Front OEM fender extension but not the rear. BB emailed me that Triumph reported that the rear kit is discontinued and none remain in the warehouse. Guess that was the only way I got the front one. They still had a few in the warehouse...

At least I got the front one tested out on Christmas Eve!
backwoodsKLR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:11 AM   #321
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders
 
Dirtmonkey8's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Oddometer: 786
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWalton View Post
Didn't see anything on Kriega bags here - any experience with them?? Looking at a Combo set-up that can be broken down to a single 10L as a tail bag... US40Combo. I made the mistake of picking up OEM hard cases and can't stand the bulk. Looking to go soft all around and save the rigid's for something really long dist.
The Kriegas are nice but not as easy to mount on the Tiger as one might expect. Typically you would remove the seat and wrap some straps around the subframe leaving 4 short loops hanging out from around the seat when re-installed. However, when I went to put a 20 liter bag on the rack/passenger seat area I found that as exposed as the subframe seemingly is this can not be done without bending or breaking the plastic bits covering the frame. I temporarily used cable ties and the grab bars on the bike to get the 20L on there but the cable ties had to be cut away to remove the seats. No good but tubes, irons, etc were along for the ride. I bought a rack and installed it on the bike and then rigged it up so that the four loops (needed for the Kriega tie down) were coming up out of the slots in the rack and now it is good to go. The 20L is a nice size and I also have the wolfman racks and soft bags.
__________________
A little dirt don't hurt.
Dirtmonkey8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:28 AM   #322
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer
 
burmbuster's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: South East USA
Oddometer: 1,427
I have the Wolfman panniers as well. You can notch out the plastic side walls under the seat for the straps. That way, the pillion isn't sitting directly on the straps.
__________________
_______________
2013 KTM 690 Enduro R
burmbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:58 AM   #323
fbj913
I ride
 
fbj913's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: KC MO
Oddometer: 2,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by burmbuster View Post
I have the Wolfman panniers as well. You can notch out the plastic side walls under the seat for the straps. That way, the pillion isn't sitting directly on the straps.
or do this. much easier
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:25 AM   #324
JWalton
How do I wheelie?
 
JWalton's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Too far from Mtns... Eastern NC
Oddometer: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
My plan worked to get the Front OEM fender extension but not the rear. BB emailed me that Triumph reported that the rear kit is discontinued and none remain in the warehouse. Guess that was the only way I got the front one. They still had a few in the warehouse...

At least I got the front one tested out on Christmas Eve!

Nice - Looking to spend some stocking stuffer money myself. What tires do you ride? I wouldn't dare cut through the mud on my stockers. I've been stuck once already...
-JW
JWalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:28 AM   #325
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 9,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWalton View Post
Nice - Looking to spend some stocking stuffer money myself. What tires do you ride? I wouldn't dare cut through the mud on my stockers. I've been stuck once already...
-JW

I'm on Karoo's currently, but when spring comes around will probably switch to more of a 50/50 tire. Waiting to reviews on Karoo3 and some other new tires coming out or try a set of the K60 Scouts.
backwoodsKLR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:40 AM   #326
JWalton
How do I wheelie?
 
JWalton's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Too far from Mtns... Eastern NC
Oddometer: 21
Bag Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtmonkey8 View Post
The Kriegas are nice but not as easy to mount on the Tiger as one might expect. Typically you would remove the seat and wrap some straps around the subframe leaving 4 short loops hanging out from around the seat when re-installed. However, when I went to put a 20 liter bag on the rack/passenger seat area I found that as exposed as the subframe seemingly is this can not be done without bending or breaking the plastic bits covering the frame. I temporarily used cable ties and the grab bars on the bike to get the 20L on there but the cable ties had to be cut away to remove the seats. No good but tubes, irons, etc were along for the ride. I bought a rack and installed it on the bike and then rigged it up so that the four loops (needed for the Kriega tie down) were coming up out of the slots in the rack and now it is good to go. The 20L is a nice size and I also have the wolfman racks and soft bags.
I may give it a go... I like the waterproof design. The Wolfman rollies are next in line but I'm not quite sold on them yet. I'd like to know if anyone has tried or seen the Wolfman Enduro Saddle bags (on a Tiger 800). They seen ideal for short trips through the woods, but not sure about the fit-up. They look like they want to rest on the rear trim of an enduro (hence the "Enduro" in the name I suppose..) It would be sweet to pair up the wolfman enduros with the kriega 40 combo:


with...


and stripped down for my Mon-Fri endeavors:


Thanks All! Love the forum!!
-JW
JWalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:11 AM   #327
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders
 
Dirtmonkey8's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Oddometer: 786
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWalton View Post
I may give it a go... I like the waterproof design. The Wolfman rollies are next in line but I'm not quite sold on them yet. I'd like to know if anyone has tried or seen the Wolfman Enduro Saddle bags (on a Tiger 800). They seen ideal for short trips through the woods, but not sure about the fit-up. They look like they want to rest on the rear trim of an enduro (hence the "Enduro" in the name I suppose..) It would be sweet to pair up the wolfman enduros with the kriega 40 combo:


with...


and stripped down for my Mon-Fri endeavors:


Thanks All! Love the forum!!
-JW

I am not sure how it will work without having plastic side panels for them to lay on. I do have the enduro saddle bags that I use on my DR650/DR350 so I can try it out some time and post the results. I love the enduro saddle bags for day long DS rides and they would be awesome on the Tiger but I don't see it working well.
__________________
A little dirt don't hurt.
Dirtmonkey8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:52 PM   #328
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer
 
burmbuster's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: South East USA
Oddometer: 1,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbj913 View Post
or do this. much easier
Yeah I tried it. It works but I didn't like the way it looked. To me it looks cleaner with the cross straps underneath the pillion seat.
__________________
_______________
2013 KTM 690 Enduro R
burmbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:11 PM   #329
DropinParts
Ducatista
 
DropinParts's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Tuxedo, NC
Oddometer: 93
Measurement please

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukonjon View Post
Hmmm. Kinda hard to say but ill do what I can. On the stock seat I always sat pushing against the tank. It was the slant that bugged me on the stock but there was always room to slide back. Every time I slide back I would just go forward while braking.

With that said, and you are in a similar situation, I would say the Corbin would be fine. If you have room behind you when sitting against the tank then it would fit I think. On the Corbin the passenger seat seems to be shortened. Where they shortened the passenger seat, Corbin added the dished out seat pan. This leads me to think I am actually using some of the passengers area while riding. If you ride 2-up this might be a problem.

Take a close look at how far back the drivers area goes in pictures above as compared to where the drivers end and the passengers begin on a stock seat. Instead of a two piece seat, Corbin used that area to add seating room and made it wider for the rider.

So I would say it is one of the better seats for you assuming you aren't sitting all the way back to where the passenger seat sits on the stock. As for a whole 2 inches, idk. It sits flatter, slightly wider, further back, and definetely helps with sliding during braking.

If needed I can take some indepth pics and post em. If you have something specific I missed just ask. Hope this helps.
Hey Yukon,
I appreciate the reply. I was thinking that one measurement would help, such as from a fixed point like the rear edge of the gas cap bezel (where it meets the paint on the tank) to the bottom of the raised portion of the "butt rest". I could do the same measurement on mine to the rear of the riders seat to see what the difference is.

I hope I'm not imposing.
__________________
There are two roads in life, the twisty one is vastly more fun.
DropinParts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:56 PM   #330
yukonjon
Gnarly Adventurer
 
yukonjon's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Pacific Northwet, Tacoma
Oddometer: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropinParts View Post
Hey Yukon,
I appreciate the reply. I was thinking that one measurement would help, such as from a fixed point like the rear edge of the gas cap bezel (where it meets the paint on the tank) to the bottom of the raised portion of the "butt rest". I could do the same measurement on mine to the rear of the riders seat to see what the difference is.

I hope I'm not imposing.
So from where the tank meets the seat to the crease where the seat slants up is about 15 inches. See pics. This is without following the seat contour and just straight across. If I measure to the upper portion of the "backrest area" it is about 17 inches. So a 2 inch further back slant for the upper butt lower back area. Hope this helps.
yukonjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014