browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:23 PM   #3662
Poweranger
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubl-A View Post
Are you a symmectrical kind of guy?

I personally have OCD with this and fixate on uneven luggage setups. Never looks right IMO

A huge plus is the open area works great for tools or fuel storage...

Very good pic.

What tank bag and seat do you have?
Poweranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:16 AM   #3663
Dubl-A
DS Junkie

Oddometer: 1,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poweranger View Post
Very good pic.

What tank bag and seat do you have?
Thanks guys,

The bag is a SW Motech w/ tank ring. The seat is stock, I just reshaped and added gel pads.
Dubl-A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 12:24 PM   #3664
Dubl-A
DS Junkie

Oddometer: 1,666
I do indeed, the OCD kicks in with the low hanging bar which looks very out of place IMO
Dubl-A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 01:57 PM   #3665
The Haymaker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 406
Quote:
I do indeed, the OCD kicks in with the low hanging bar which looks very out of place IMO
Yup, much prefer your method. Doesn't look like the bumper granny has on her mobility scooter.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

https://www.facebook.com/groups/adventureridemaine/
The Haymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 04:09 PM   #3666
EPTSSP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by professorkx View Post
GUVI quick disconnect, hands down. I have wolfman dry bags on the GIVI racks, and 15 seconds they are on or off. Here is a link:

http://www.giviusa.com/my-motorcycle...deframe-detail

I've crash tested these racks twice, and no distortion. Just ordered a set for my son's bike, as well as the new GIVI dry bags.
This is probably a stupid question, but these bags will work with this rack correct?

http://www.ortliebusa.com/prodInfo.asp?pid=342&cid=2
Old 06-14-2014, 08:17 AM   #3667
live2ridetahoe
RN

Oddometer: 1,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPTSSP View Post
This is probably a stupid question, but these bags will work with this rack correct?

http://www.ortliebusa.com/prodInfo.asp?pid=342&cid=2
Most soft bags should work.

JG
live2ridetahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 01:33 PM   #3668
EPTSSP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by live2ridetahoe View Post
Most soft bags should work.

JG
Thanks
Old 06-15-2014, 07:30 AM   #3669
ABHooligan
The Flying Mythos

Oddometer: 1,078
I run mine the same way (upside down I guess). Looks better, and may possibly protect you from speed/redlight cameras that are prevalent in our area.
Old 06-25-2014, 06:08 PM   #3670
nimrod
Pog Mo Thoin

Oddometer: 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElJefeATX View Post
Warning: non-farkle customer service rant, part: the last (hopefully)

Yeah, they're all nice folks and it was a bunch of small failures that leads me to my conclusion.

The sales guy wanted to pass me off quickly. Fine. I get it. But his little salvo about "you carried those out in boxes" was unnecessary. I was holding for the parts manager (The one who failed to return my call after I called for her 3 times) for a couple of minutes when the sales guy got back on the line to me saying she wasn't available and one of them would call me back. It was the sales guy that ended up calling me back. When the parts manager has helped me she's been very helpful, but there have been the couple of times I've come in with questions for her (I had several things on backorder) where I'd have to have another person relay my question when I know she's in the office right beside me within earshot. She could have just leaned in her chair to greet me without raising her voice. I've never walked in with a problem. I've always walked in with a shopping list and good credit.

As for the owner, I couldn't pick him out of a police lineup. Never came out of his cave. I was kind of surprised by that, with the business being so small, the low/no traffic at the time, and me being the only guy buying a higher end bike on a cold day in December. There could have been a crisis going on but if a guy is buying 18 grand worth of stuff in my shop, is there for 4.5 hours and I'm on my way to the can, shop, or warehouse, I'm gonna take 10 seconds to shake his hand and thank him for his business.

So across the board, on several occasions I wasn't able to find that person that's supposed to be motivated to help me. Although, shout-out to the bald dude with the earring, and the parts guy who helped me load a bunch of stuff into my car. Those guys rock.

So either they are just slack at customer service or I am the most annoying person to ever spend 18 grand in their store. And there's no way I'm 18 grand worth of annoying. At my very worst, I doubt I'm more than $1K of annoying.

I'll double-check to see if my 500 mile service is free. Maybe I'm just not aware of that.

I should also shout out to another salesman who was enthusiastic about my adventure plans and had done the route I'm riding this summer. He said he'd bring in some maps and pictures I could come by and look at.

Sorry for the hijack, folks. I'm done.
I have talked to the owner. Bought a pair of gloves there and returned them as the seam was sewn improperly and irritated my hand. He said "what do you want me to do about it?". I said take them back or exchange. He just turned around and walked away. I'm sure he didn't realize that I had just ordered over a $1000.00 in accessories which I immediately canceled. Haven't been in that store since.
"Betweem two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before" -Mae West
nimrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 06:52 PM   #3671
MotoTex
Miles of Smiles

Oddometer: 1,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimrod View Post
I have talked to the owner. Bought a pair of gloves there and returned them as the seam was sewn improperly and irritated my hand. He said "what do you want me to do about it?". I said take them back or exchange. He just turned around and walked away. I'm sure he didn't realize that I had just ordered over a $1000.00 in accessories which I immediately canceled. Haven't been in that store since.
Weird.

I did the same thing with some Triumph gloves I bought there. A seam was unraveling. I went to the parts and accessories folks, they agreed it was a manufacturing defect and told me to get another pair.

I was in and out in five minutes.

Maybe all he was saying was talk to the people who can help. If I were working in parts I wouldn't want an owner coming in and messing up my stuff.

This is The Internet. Confirm for yourself anything you may see while visiting this strange and uncertain land.

MotoTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 05:28 PM   #3672
RidgeRunner58
Twisty Aficionado

Oddometer: 3
Tiger inmates, I have been lurking for months, traded for my tiger last August. Taken two trips to NC, plan to ride 18 of the 20 11,000 ft passes in Colorado in August. Most of all my farkles have been based on your recommendations in this thread. To date; SW motech Trax boxes n racks n tank bag, altrider skid plate n rear rack, givi windscreen n engine guards, pelican rear case, and givi maxima tail bag for around town, barkbuster/storm hand guards, front fender extender n RG hugger, triumph LED fog lamps n oil filter protector. With 4200 miles, next is tourance tires, pressure sensors and scotoiler

Here's my question, I have seen tool kit recommendations in the thread but can't seem to locate, have a garage full of tools/ a tool roll and rocky creek pump w/ tubeless repair kit. I need to figure out the most important tools for the 10 day Colorado trip
RidgeRunner58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:22 PM   #3673
gregbenner
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,151
Quote:
Are you a symmectrical kind of guy?

I personally have OCD with this and fixate on uneven luggage setups. Never looks right IMO

A huge plus is the open area works great for tools or fuel storage...

Having trouble understanding/seeing the left side? Is that a std. HT rack? What is the red container? does the std rack extend out that far from the bike, or is it modified? Hope my questions make sense...I like the look, but on the HT site, the racks look pretty tight to the frame. What is OCD?
Thx

Greg
1975 BMW R75/6,1971 BSA Lighning
gregbenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:40 PM   #3674
ObtuseMoose
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbenner View Post
Having trouble understanding/seeing the left side? Is that a std. HT rack? What is the red container? does the std rack extend out that far from the bike, or is it modified? Hope my questions make sense...I like the look, but on the HT site, the racks look pretty tight to the frame. What is OCD?
Thx

Greg
The red container appears to be a Rotopax fuel cell (or similar). It appears to be a standard rack with a mounting plate added to it. Most standard racks have enough room on the left side - because of the single exhaust can - to fit a modified bracket/mount to slip in a tool tube or rotopax like this.

Oh...and OCD = "obsessive compulsive disorder".
ObtuseMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 04:01 AM   #3675
The Haymaker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObtuseMoose View Post
The red container appears to be a Rotopax fuel cell (or similar). It appears to be a standard rack with a mounting plate added to it. Most standard racks have enough room on the left side - because of the single exhaust can - to fit a modified bracket/mount to slip in a tool tube or rotopax like this.

Oh...and OCD = "obsessive compulsive disorder".
The SW Motech does not.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/adventureridemaine/
The Haymaker is offline   Reply With Quote