User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2013, 11:19 PM   #721
henryII
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 352
Altrider skidplate

Mounted a Altrider skidplate, good quality and I am happy with the protection it gives the bike.

http://www.triumph-hinckley.no/

[/URL]
henryII is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:22 AM   #722
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 549
Nice!

Get those rubbers off the pegs and your ready to go!
Old 03-18-2013, 11:01 AM   #723
turboICE
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttime4four View Post
(2) Affects nothing except it gives fuel vapors a place to stay before being harmlessly released into the environment - remove it plain and simple
Not exactly - (1) the canister does not release vapors into the environment, they are drawn into the intake to be burned during combustion, reducing their harm from raw hydrocarbons to exhaust (2) fuel vapor release into the environment is not harmless which is the reason for the canister on all cars and more recently on motorcycles - when you remove the canister you are then releasing the vapors into the environment, but raw hydrocarbon release is definitely not harmless
turboICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:19 AM   #724
ttime4four
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboICE View Post
Not exactly - (1) the canister does not release vapors into the environment, they are drawn into the intake to be burned during combustion, reducing their harm from raw hydrocarbons to exhaust (2) fuel vapor release into the environment is not harmless which is the reason for the canister on all cars and more recently on motorcycles - when you remove the canister you are then releasing the vapors into the environment, but raw hydrocarbon release is definitely not harmless
Thanks for the clarification - yes - anyone looking to remove the canister should know that raw hydrocarbons are released.

I figured that since the governments outside of the US were OK with not having this extra measure -- it would be OK for me and my conscience.
ttime4four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:23 PM   #725
The Toad
Let There Be Light

Oddometer: 1,050
I know the following is from a rather old post (a year or so ago)... but I can stop looking at these pictures and wondering WTF!?!?!?

[/QUOTE]

Ive installed lots and lots of these Tusk hand guards on many different bikes, on my Tiger I had to go with the "Big Bar Adapter", somehow this guy (or gal) made it work with the standard fittings. Either the insides were machined to fit, or the bars were replaced with 7/8" bars or ??????

Anyone know who's bike this is?

thanks
-Brian
The Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:44 AM   #726
ilbiker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oxford Grips and Rigid Lights Wiring Questions

I have the oxford heaterz with the Beavercreek?? Adapter to the wiring harness location and wondering if I could also use the same connection for my Rigid Driving lights or should I get a seperate fuse block and not utilize it? I don't see heated gear in the future and only GPS and phone will be off the front plug. Maybe add helmet communication in the future also but thats about it. Looking for thoughts on this and wiring it all up. Thanks.
ilbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:19 AM   #727
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Oddometer: 3,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbiker View Post
I have the oxford heaterz with the Beavercreek?? Adapter to the wiring harness location and wondering if I could also use the same connection for my Rigid Driving lights or should I get a seperate fuse block and not utilize it? I don't see heated gear in the future and only GPS and phone will be off the front plug. Maybe add helmet communication in the future also but thats about it. Looking for thoughts on this and wiring it all up. Thanks.
Why not utilize the fitted plug for the Triumph driving lamps? It's already fused and is, I believe, capable of supplying your lamps without an extra relay.
Bike history [(N) = bought new] :- YAS1, RD350B(N), XS750(N), XT500, XJ650(N), XJ900S(N), CBX750, XL185S, XR250RF, XR600, KTM600LC4, TDR250, R100GS, TS200R, Tiger955i(N), Scrambler900efi, Tiger800XC(N)...
blacktiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:14 PM   #728
markbvt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Toad View Post
Ive installed lots and lots of these Tusk hand guards on many different bikes, on my Tiger I had to go with the "Big Bar Adapter", somehow this guy (or gal) made it work with the standard fittings. Either the insides were machined to fit, or the bars were replaced with 7/8" bars or ??????

Anyone know who's bike this is?

Not sure about the one you pictured, but I installed the Tusk handguards on my Tiger and only needed the big bar adapter for the right side. Could have used the regular bar clamp with a little more fiddling. On the left side the regular bar clamp worked fine, though I did use a Dremel to ream out the interior surface a bit.

--mark

My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more

Bennington Triumph Bash, May 30-June 1, 2014
markbvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:19 PM   #729
IndyTiger800
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktiger View Post
Why not utilize the fitted plug for the Triumph driving lamps? It's already fused and is, I believe, capable of supplying your lamps without an extra relay.
I installed my Touratech fog lamps with the factory plug, but I ordered the factory wiring harness and relay so I could use the factory switch.
IndyTiger800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:55 PM   #730
ilbiker
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
I was going to use that for the grips but seeing if the circuit could handle both the grips and the lights like the triumph units do.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:23 PM   #731
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Oddometer: 3,149
Quote:
I was going to use that for the grips but seeing if the circuit could handle both the grips and the lights like the triumph units do.
Wrong! There are two separate plugs for the grips and the lamps under the tank.
Bike history [(N) = bought new] :- YAS1, RD350B(N), XS750(N), XT500, XJ650(N), XJ900S(N), CBX750, XL185S, XR250RF, XR600, KTM600LC4, TDR250, R100GS, TS200R, Tiger955i(N), Scrambler900efi, Tiger800XC(N)...
blacktiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:25 PM   #732
ttime4four
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
I'm very interested in doing this -- I want the clean OEM switch look and tie into the bike's wiring. But I want the brighter LED lamps.

I found clear instructions on how to do the OEM kit...
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...&postcount=252

And I found the part list and determined that the following is needed to "wire up" without the OEM lamps / mounting hardware...

------------------------------------- Bike Bandit -------------
OEM Part Name ------------------- Part Number ------ Price

BRACKET, FOG LIGHT SWITCH ---- 2916970 ---------- $6.46
SWITCH, FOG LAMP --------------- 2970120 ---------- $22.36
SUB-HARNESS, FOG LIGHTS ------ 2917077 ---------- $19.67
RELAY ------------------------------ 1396821 ---------- $13.87

So, a few questions:

(1) Will LED lights be "well driven" off this harness / switch?
(2) Does the OEM switch offer just a simple on/off or does it have other features like linking with Highs?
(3) Do you lose out on other light features by using the OEM switch?
(4) Has anyone fit robust LED lamps directly into the OEM bracket/shroud?

ttime4four screwed with this post 03-19-2013 at 03:42 PM
ttime4four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:39 PM   #733
ilbiker
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Wrong! There are two separate plugs for the grips and the lamps under the tank.
OK, looking at the list, I grabbed the one from under the tank with the blank. Where is the other plug for the grips?
Old 03-19-2013, 03:40 PM   #734
IndyTiger800
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttime4four View Post
I'm very interested in doing this -- I want the clean OEM switch look and tie into the bike's wiring. But I want the brighter LED lamps.

I found clear instructions on how to do the OEM kit...
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...&postcount=252

And I found the part list and determined that the following is needed to "wire up" without the OEM lamps / mounting hardware...

OEM Part Name ------------------- Part Number ------ Price

BRACKET, FOG LIGHT SWITCH ---- 2916970 ---------- $6.46
SWITCH, FOG LAMP --------------- 2970120 ---------- $22.36
SUB-HARNESS, FOG LIGHTS ------ 2917077 ---------- $19.67
RELAY ------------------------------ 1396821 ---------- $13.87

So, a few questions:

(1) Will LED lights be "well driven" off this harness / switch?
(2) Does the OEM switch offer just a simple on/off or does it have other features like linking with Highs?
(3) Do you lose out on other light features by using the OEM switch?

What LED lights are you going to use. If they have the wiring to be dimmed they can still be hooked up that way. This set up will power the lights. The Denali 2 lights have a power lead and a dimming lead that you can hook up to your headlamp. It looks like you have the list for the OEM parts.

IndyTiger800 screwed with this post 03-21-2013 at 11:59 AM
IndyTiger800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:19 PM   #735
ilbiker
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
OK, looking at the list, I grabbed the one from under the tank with the blank. Where is the other plug for the grips?

Well, after going back to look over everything, I now see that they are 2 seperate plugs for them. I have the Eastern Beaver setup for the grips but looks like now I will need another setup for the lights.... Bummer...