Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2013, 06:39 PM   #856
andykeck
Adventurer

Oddometer: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeuneyer View Post
I can't take it anymore. I have searched until my eyes hurt. I want a small tank bag for my 800 roadie that has a place to view my iPhone and hold all the crap from my pockets. It doesnt need to charge or be easily accessible. I just want to be able to look down and see if I missed a call or text every so often. I don't care how it mounts or the brand. It doesn't even have to be super waterproof. This is not for touring but just around town rides.

If you have any suggestions please let me know and show pictures on the bike if possible.
What about the Motofizz magnetic map bag?

http://www.aerostich.com/motofizz-map-bag-1.html
andykeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:10 PM   #857
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer: 3,907
Tank Bag

For a magnetic the rocket manta xl works and does have a phone pocket on top.

I use a wolfman enduro bag because it also goes on my husky, so I can just keep my junk in it and transfer from bike to bike.

The enduro bag has a map pocket on top. I never bother to look at my phone when riding, keep in a pocket or tank bag.

Here's my manta xl, fits nice on the bike but I don't care for the magnets on the paint. When it was new it would put dimples in the soft paint from the vinyl under the magnets. Now that the paint is hard its a non-issue, but I don't use it any more. If you want to try one out for dirt cheap I'll make you a helluva deal.

It's a nice size, you can put a lot of stuff in it, even a clear face shield or a big DSLR camera. Has a seperate pocket on the back for an ipod or similar device and a earbud port.

Here's the wolfman enduro tank bag. It's small but does the trick.

If you're really just after a phone and a pair of glasses and such, the regular manta is even smaller and would work really well - $55

browneye screwed with this post 04-19-2013 at 07:23 PM
browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:14 PM   #858
oio
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 497
Quote:
I can't take it anymore. I have searched until my eyes hurt. I want a small tank bag for my 800 roadie that has a place to view my iPhone and hold all the crap from my pockets. It doesnt need to charge or be easily accessible. I just want to be able to look down and see if I missed a call or text every so often. I don't care how it mounts or the brand. It doesn't even have to be super waterproof. This is not for touring but just around town rides.

If you have any suggestions please let me know and show pictures on the bike if possible.
Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag http://wolfmanluggage.com/index.cfm/...o-tank-bag.cfm

Old 04-20-2013, 08:47 AM   #859
cronos1013
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by y0y02369 View Post
Can someone please post some pictures of their crash bars from the front and rear. I really want to get some for my tiger when I get it but I am just not fond of all the bars that stick out too much. I really want bars that go with the curves of the bike.

Thanks in advance
Yoyo
This is a front shot of mine The bars are the Happy Trails Nerf Bars.

Although not seen in this picture, I don't have off the shelf rear bars, instead I have a set of rear pannier racks made by MisterPX from the forums here. He made them out of box steel, and they are absolutely awesome. They feel as durable as the front crash bars do, and I had him mate them with a quick release side mounting kit. The panniers are going to be made from a pair of 30mm rocket cans courtesy of a local army surplus store (they were like $35 each, but no shipping) which I have yet to paint (going to do that today actually.)

When you're looking for crash guards, remember, an extra inch between the bike and the tank/plastics is a helluva lot more force they can deflect before the guards are crushed into the bike.
cronos1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:46 PM   #860
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 21,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by browneye View Post

I use a wolfman enduro bag because it also goes on my husky, so I can just keep my junk in it and transfer from bike to bike.

The enduro bag has a map pocket on top. I never bother to look at my phone when riding, keep in a pocket or tank bag.

Here's my manta xl, fits nice on the bike but I don't care for the magnets on the paint. When it was new it would put dimples in the soft paint from the vinyl under the magnets. Now that the paint is hard its a non-issue, but I don't use it any more. If you want to try one out for dirt cheap I'll make you a helluva deal.

It's a nice size, you can put a lot of stuff in it, even a clear face shield or a big DSLR camera. Has a seperate pocket on the back for an ipod or similar device and a earbud port.

If you're really just after a phone and a pair of glasses and such, the regular manta is even smaller and would work really well - $55

I have the regular Manta and it works very well - just very easy to mount etc. for day trips. I also have the Worlfman for when I'm on longer trips - it also is very good.
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:51 PM   #861
The Haymaker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventy One View Post
I was just going to step outside and install my Triumph "sump guard" when I caught one of the warnings in the instructions:

"Do not support or jack up the motorcycle using the sump guard. Damage to the sump guard or motorcycle itself will result if this caution is ignored"

Seriously?

I know this a pretty weak looking item, but is it really that bad that the cycle cannot be lifted with it still in place?
Huh... been putting mine on a jack since day one. Of note, the flimsy plate makes the bike VERY unstable. The easy fix is a 1.5" block between the jack and mounting nub just behing the rh footpeg.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/adventureridemaine/
The Haymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:03 PM   #862
Grover6
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 178
This will be a two prong post...

First, on the subject of tank bags, I was looking for a small tank bag for my new 800xc, one that wouldn't affect the paint, and came across the Bags connection "daypack" 5-7L in size and uses their evo quick connect tank ring mount.

Looks good and not too big to look stupid on the bike.

Second, I have read of the front fender riser from touratech, but after a search of their website I cannot fond it, anyone have a part number or link to it?

Thanks
Grover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:32 PM   #863
cug

Oddometer: 4,178
Front fender riser:

http://www.touratech-usa.com/Store/3...h-Tiger-800-XC
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:45 PM   #864
Borytop
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Quote:

I have the GIVI Tanklock T489 Tank Bag , I like how easy it fastens to he tank , and has a shoulder strap to carry around. it comes with a clear top , plus a pouch for the iphone. I will try to post a few pics tomorrow.

http://www.sporttour.com/shopexd.asp?id=3396
Borytop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:00 PM   #865
Jeuneyer
He don't say much.

Oddometer: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by browneye View Post

Thanks for all the info and posting the pics. What type of rack do you have underneath that seahorse top box? It is a good looking set up and is what I am after.

Nice seeing all these white Tigers, good choice if I do say so myself.

I just got my '13 white roadie a few OEM accessories added; I have a lot of farkeling to do.
Jeuneyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:22 PM   #866
Jeuneyer
He don't say much.

Oddometer: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borytop View Post
I have the GIVI Tanklock T489 Tank Bag , I like how easy it fastens to he tank , and has a shoulder strap to carry around. it comes with a clear top , plus a pouch for the iphone. I will try to post a few pics tomorrow.

http://www.sporttour.com/shopexd.asp?id=3396
I think this Givi might be just what I need. So will a phone fit in the map case ok? I would appreciate the photos to see how it looks on the tiger.
Jeuneyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:45 PM   #867
Grover6
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 178
Thanks cug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post
Grover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:42 AM   #868
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer: 3,907
Quote:
Thanks for all the info and posting the pics. What type of rack do you have underneath that seahorse top box? It is a good looking set up and is what I am after.

Nice seeing all these white Tigers, good choice if I do say so myself.

I just got my '13 white roadie a few OEM accessories added; I have a lot of farkeling to do.
CJ Designs. more similar than different from the altrider one. Check 'em both out.

Old 04-21-2013, 10:25 AM   #869
Borytop
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Quote:
I think this Givi might be just what I need. So will a phone fit in the map case ok? I would appreciate the photos to see how it looks on the tiger.

The phone fits in the map case just fine, it also comes with a GPS/phone holder that secures to the top and then recesses into one of the pockets, I would caution about having your phone on direct sunlight for long trips as it will overheat and possibly fry! Don’t ask how I know, for short trips around town should be fine. You will have to buy the tank lock adaptor ring for the tiger separately (about $15).

Borytop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:09 AM   #870
Hallwine
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
+1 on the adventure spec crash bars. I am going to replace my Triumph engine bars and Touratech uppers with them.
I did not like (personal opinion YMMV) the way the TT upper bars attached and although the Triumph lower bars protect the engine very well (see my ahem "crash report" http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...&postcount=433 earlier in this thread) the ADV Spec ones seem to do the job of both upper and lower bars without the "I am not sure about that" fixings for the upper bars.

slightly off topic, I did get the barkbusters, very nice product. Very good weather protection compared to the XC hand guards plus reinforced plus not connected to the lever mounts.

This of course means that I have Upper and Lower Engine bars for sale....

Hallwine screwed with this post 04-22-2013 at 02:19 AM
Hallwine is offline   Reply With Quote