ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-06-2013, 01:03 AM   #1111
OB1UK
Adventurer
 
OB1UK's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Location: Felixstowe, Suffolk, UK
Oddometer: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikh58 View Post
I bought mine here... It hasn't arrived yet, but I ordered just 2 days ago.
You can also find them on eBay.


http://www.dsbikeprotection.com/inde...gory&id_lang=1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Thanks for that, erikh58. They seem to be quite expensive at 112 Euros - I suppose you pay for quality!
OB1UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 05:14 PM   #1112
DropinParts
Ducatista
 
DropinParts's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Tuxedo, NC
Oddometer: 93
I'm getting ready to sell Tiger 800XC Farkles

Just traded my 2013 Tiger 800XC on a Multistrada and I took off all the expensive stuff to sell to my ADV brethren.
I will be posting all items in the Classified section of this forum.
__________________
There are two roads in life, the twisty one is vastly more fun.
DropinParts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:08 PM   #1113
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer
 
burmbuster's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: South East USA
Oddometer: 1,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropinParts View Post
Just traded my 2013 Tiger 800XC on a Multistrada and I took off all the expensive stuff to sell to my ADV brethren.
I will be posting all items in the Classified section of this forum.
I'm in the process of doing the same thing. Going Orange though.
__________________
_______________
2013 KTM 690 Enduro R
burmbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:58 PM   #1114
vicvegas
eager beaver
 
vicvegas's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Thompson,Mb
Oddometer: 189
Let me know what u guys have, i just bought my 13 T800 Xc and i need some crash bars stat! i need a few other things to so let me know!
vicvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:08 AM   #1115
Meteos
Adventurer
 
Meteos's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2013
Location: Republic of Miami
Oddometer: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by burmbuster View Post
I'm in the process of doing the same thing. Going Orange though.
Just curious, what made you guys trade up the Tiger? Especially a new 2013? I can't imagine a better bike, unless one wants a bigger 1200cc. cheers!
Meteos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:52 AM   #1116
blacktiger
Tigers R great.
 
blacktiger's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: St.Leonards on Sea, England.
Oddometer: 3,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteos View Post
Just curious, what made you guys trade up the Tiger? Especially a new 2013? I can't imagine a better bike, unless one wants a bigger 1200cc. cheers!
Who mention a "trade up"? I honestly think they'll regret it in the long run.
__________________
2002 black Tiger955i, 72000 miles and counting.
2012 black Tiger800XC, 32000 miles and counting.
blacktiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:03 AM   #1117
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 9,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicvegas View Post
Let me know what u guys have, i just bought my 13 T800 Xc and i need some crash bars stat! i need a few other things to so let me know!
Read the thread. It's all in here along the way... Welcome to the Tiger Family!
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:45 AM   #1118
MotoTex
Miles of Smiles
 
MotoTex's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Tool Shed
Oddometer: 1,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteos View Post
Just curious, what made you guys trade up the Tiger? Especially a new 2013? I can't imagine a better bike, unless one wants a bigger 1200cc. cheers!
The orange bike (950/990ADV) is a bigger thrill to ride, but you have to love fiddling with it. It is not quite like owning a helicopter where you have to do several hours of maintenance for each hour you fly, but it did seem very close sometimes.

It may be my most favorite motorcycle of all time. When you unleash that V-twin and can bring up the front wheel in second gear by rolling on the throttle it is great fun. The suspension is top-notch. All this highly-hooliganistic behavior comes with a price. Though he KTM never left me stranded, and I put thirty thousand miles on it in two years, it didn't let me ride as much as I wanted.

I bought the Tiger because I want to ride more rather than tinker with a high-maintenance thoroughbred. It seemed like every time someone said "let's go riding" I was waiting on a part, had the tanks off, or some trivial bit of ongoing maintenance needed to be done.

To the fellow making the move, enjoy the Orange with the knowledge that your Tiger brethren will be riding while you are, once again, spending some quality one on one time undressing your mistress.
__________________

This is The Internet. Confirm for yourself anything you may see while visiting this strange and uncertain land.


MotoTex screwed with this post 06-11-2013 at 08:19 AM
MotoTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:28 AM   #1119
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer
 
burmbuster's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: South East USA
Oddometer: 1,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteos View Post
Just curious, what made you guys trade up the Tiger? Especially a new 2013? I can't imagine a better bike, unless one wants a bigger 1200cc. cheers!
The Tiger is the best bike I have ever owned. That being said, it is a little overweight for how I want to use it. It tours great, handles gravel roads and fire roads with ease, and the motor is butter. It's perfect for touring and I have 8000 glorious miles of tarmack, gravel, and trails on mine. I just want something slightly more trail oriented around 300 pounds or so. I need something more dirt friendly than tarmack friendly but still able to be comfortable on the highway without wringing it out. I'm looking at you, 690 Enduro R!
__________________
_______________
2013 KTM 690 Enduro R
burmbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:53 AM   #1120
PYG RYDR
Adventure-Dual Sport
 
PYG RYDR's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Southern VA
Oddometer: 365
Question Gear Shifter Options

I want a spare Gear Shifter Lever to carry when riding. Are there other options beside OEM and Touratech?

http://www.touratech-usa.com/Store/3...umph-Tiger-800

TIA
__________________
PYG RYDR
T800XC-VFR800-XR650L-WR250R
MSTA-NVR
There are two things to aim at in life: first, to get what you want; and, after that, to enjoy it.
Only the wisest of humans achieve the second.
Logan Pearsall Smith
PYG RYDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:01 AM   #1121
fbj913
I ride
 
fbj913's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: KC MO
Oddometer: 2,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYG RYDR View Post
I want a spare Gear Shifter Lever to carry when riding. Are there other options beside OEM and Touratech?

http://www.touratech-usa.com/Store/3...umph-Tiger-800

TIA
pretty sure thats it.
fbj913 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:05 AM   #1122
boinoodle
Old and Cautious
 
boinoodle's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: The Dark Side
Oddometer: 1,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbj913 View Post
pretty sure thats it.
That's what I found. I have the stock lever as the spare. I just bought a swaging tool and some 1/16" cable and will make safety loops for break and shift levers. If you're localish, you can borrow it to make your own.
__________________


Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife. Doomed is your soul and damned is your life
.
Lord John Whorfin
boinoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:17 AM   #1123
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS
 
browneye's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Orange County, CA
Oddometer: 4,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoTex View Post
The orange bike (950/990ADV) is a bigger thrill to ride, but you have to love fiddling with it. It is not quite like owning a helicopter where you have to do several hours of maintenance for each hour you fly, but it did seem very close sometimes.

It may be my most favorite motorcycle of all time. When you unleash that V-twin and can bring up the front wheel in second gear by rolling on the throttle it is great fun. The suspension is top-notch. All this highly-hooliganistic behavior comes with a price. Though he KTM never left me stranded, and I put thirty thousand miles on it in two years, it didn't let me ride as much as I wanted.

I bought the Tiger because I want to ride more rather than tinker with a high-maintenance thoroughbred. It seemed like every time someone said "let's go riding" I was waiting on a part, had the tanks off, or some trivial bit of ongoing maintenance needed to be done.

To the fellow making the move, enjoy the Orange with the knowledge that your Tiger brethren will be riding while you are, once again, spending some quality one on one time undressing your mistress.
This is how I try to explain it for querries on 'what to buy' for an adventure bike. Most think I'm just nuts I reckon.
__________________
Chris Brown - "The Browneye"
"Without Motorcycles, People Live Very Boring Lives." - Malcolm Smith
Camp Nelson 2014 RR Laguna Seca 2012 RR Sequoia 3-Day Campout Thanksgiving 2012
browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:38 AM   #1124
blacktiger
Tigers R great.
 
blacktiger's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: St.Leonards on Sea, England.
Oddometer: 3,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYG RYDR View Post
I want a spare Gear Shifter Lever to carry when riding. Are there other options beside OEM and Touratech?

http://www.touratech-usa.com/Store/3...umph-Tiger-800

TIA
SWmotech do an adjustable one. http://shop.sw-motech.com/cgi-bin/co...ypid=101561504

But at that price I went for a Touratech one and keep the OE as a spare.
__________________
2002 black Tiger955i, 72000 miles and counting.
2012 black Tiger800XC, 32000 miles and counting.
blacktiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:58 AM   #1125
MotoTex
Miles of Smiles
 
MotoTex's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Tool Shed
Oddometer: 1,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by browneye View Post
This is how I try to explain it for querries on 'what to buy' for an adventure bike. Most think I'm just nuts I reckon.
The 950 is still apart in my shop since a minor maintenance item became the catalyst which added "the straw that broke the camel's back."

My wife wanted to go riding, again, and I didn't have a ride, again. This prompted me to do a little follow-up research on the Tiger, having looked at it when shopping for the KTM a couple years prior. After confirming what I remembered, I went to the dealer the following day and bought one off the floor.

Then I broke my leg riding my DRZ the following week (after putting 1000 miles on the Tiger), and the KTM is still sitting there almost four months later, patiently waiting on me to reassemble it, clean it up and list it for sale. But I've been spending all my spare time on the Tiger instead of finishing up that work. Maybe this weekend . . .

The KTM is an exemplary machine. In my experience it is for someone who has a nice shop and several bikes. The guy I bought it from was like that and it served him well on a couple of Baja trips and a Continental Divide ride.
__________________

This is The Internet. Confirm for yourself anything you may see while visiting this strange and uncertain land.

MotoTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014