Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2012, 12:50 PM   #1
JDMitchell OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 96
Motorcyclecloseouts.com two thumbs down!

I bought an Olympia Phantom one piece suit for cold weather riding since I thought a one piece would be the way to go. First off they charged me $20 to ship the suit when their website says free shipping on orders over $100, but since my suit was on clearance they charged me, I should have found another retailer immediately when I saw that but I still wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt.

When I tried it on I found the that the crotch wanted to strangle my meat and veg. I immediately boxed it back up and sent it back. This is where Motorcycle closeouts sealed their fate. I was informed that I could return the suit at a cost of $18 to me since they don't provide a shipping label for returns, and that there is no exchange program. I could wait for them to approve my return and be awarded a store credit or get a refund minus the shipping charge and a 10% fee. Really? I paid to ship it back AND pay a $33 fee for trying on a suit for five minutes! They had the jacket and pants in stock that I wanted but at this point I didn't want to deal with them on another potential return hassle.

I am getting a refund of $289 when I spent $341 plus return shipping. So this shady joint cost me over $60 for a chance to try on a suit. Never gonna do business with them again. Lesson learned, should have stuck with Revzilla from the get-go (zero return fees and free shipping). I just thought that I would try to support a Missouri based business.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:11 PM   #2
GlassAnkles
Chip to Queso Ratio

Oddometer: 1,804
motorcycle superstore is the only place to get riding gear. returns are so freaking easy. i usually order multiple sizes at once and return what doesn't fit.
GlassAnkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:24 PM   #3
JDMitchell OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassAnkles View Post
motorcycle superstore is the only place to get riding gear. returns are so freaking easy. i usually order multiple sizes at once and return what doesn't fit.

MCsuperstore is good, I have also used sportbiketrackgear.com and JakeWilson, they have both always treated me well.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:09 PM   #4
NHADV
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 554
thanks for the heads up.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:24 PM   #5
PineyMountainRacing
Oops....

Oddometer: 2,171
I don't get the 33 fee, unless this was a closeout item and they said in the ad "no returns" or that there would be a restocking fee? I have snagged some really smokin deals from Motorcycle Closeouts, as well as MotorcycleGear.com ( New Enough). I've returned a couple things to MotorcycleGear.com and had to pay the return shipping, but overall I've saved a lot of moola and have been happy with my experiences. MotorcycleSuperstore, Revzilla, STG, etc are safer if you're not sure about size.
PineyMountainRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:17 AM   #6
bete
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 538
They did that to me ONCE guess they don't care about return business. bete.
bete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:33 PM   #7
WVdyhrd
mudhole 400 guy

Oddometer: 2,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMitchell View Post
I bought an Olympia Phantom one piece suit for cold weather riding since I thought a one piece would be the way to go. First off they charged me $20 to ship the suit when their website says free shipping on orders over $100, but since my suit was on clearance they charged me, I should have found another retailer immediately when I saw that but I still wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt.

When I tried it on I found the that the crotch wanted to strangle my meat and veg. I immediately boxed it back up and sent it back. This is where Motorcycle closeouts sealed their fate. I was informed that I could return the suit at a cost of $18 to me since they don't provide a shipping label for returns, and that there is no exchange program. I could wait for them to approve my return and be awarded a store credit or get a refund minus the shipping charge and a 10% fee. Really? I paid to ship it back AND pay a $33 fee for trying on a suit for five minutes! They had the jacket and pants in stock that I wanted but at this point I didn't want to deal with them on another potential return hassle.

I am getting a refund of $289 when I spent $341 plus return shipping. So this shady joint cost me over $60 for a chance to try on a suit. Never gonna do business with them again. Lesson learned, should have stuck with Revzilla from the get-go (zero return fees and free shipping). I just thought that I would try to support a Missouri based business.
I guess reading their Return Policies that are clearly indicated, and that you agree to in the purchasing phase:

8. Shipping and handling charges are never refunded or credited to your Motorcycle Closeouts account. Return shipping is the responsibility of the customer, unless we shipped the wrong item.

Don't expect companies to lose money based on you. What if their markup is 60 bucks, they provide free shipping to you and then pay for your return shipping, etc.. If you really want to support a Missouri based buisness keep in mind that not everyone is Walmart and probably have employees to pay and bills to meet.

Contrary to popular belief MC stuff (especially on closeout) doesn't necc make you rich. Policies protect businesses.

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool." -Bill
Shakes
WVdyhrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:35 PM   #8
JDMitchell OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVdyhrd View Post
I guess reading their Return Policies that are clearly indicated, and that you agree to in the purchasing phase:

8. Shipping and handling charges are never refunded or credited to your Motorcycle Closeouts account. Return shipping is the responsibility of the customer, unless we shipped the wrong item.

Don't expect companies to lose money based on you. What if their markup is 60 bucks, they provide free shipping to you and then pay for your return shipping, etc.. If you really want to support a Missouri based buisness keep in mind that not everyone is Walmart and probably have employees to pay and bills to meet.

Contrary to popular belief MC stuff (especially on closeout) doesn't necc make you rich. Policies protect businesses.
You want to know what really protects businesses? Satisfied customers. Period.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:46 PM   #9
Tosh Togo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,594
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMitchell View Post
You want to know what really protects businesses? Satisfied customers. Period.
I'd say that a customer who reads, comprehends, and follows the terms of sale is far more satisfying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVdyhrd View Post

Tosh Togo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:18 AM   #10
PineyMountainRacing
Oops....

Oddometer: 2,171
When I was a kid, back in the 70's LOL, I worked for JC Penny's and at that time their policy was the "customer is always right". I was in sporting goods for a year or so, once had a customer bring in a package that was clearly a Kmart item. They were insistent that they bought it at Penny's. They got a refund and the item got tossed in the garbage.

I've been burned a couple times because I didn't read the "fine print" or read it too fast. Sometimes it's cheaper to sell the item than to try and return it. The FM is perfect for that.
PineyMountainRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:27 AM   #11
bomber60015
Anatomically Correct

Oddometer: 10,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosh Togo View Post
I'd say that a customer who reads, comprehends, and follows the terms of sale is far more satisfying.

^This . . . . .

Not for nothing -- whenever someone is trying to make a point, and ends their declaration with "Period," I am pretty much asured that they are done listening, and don't care to have reality impinge on their party.
"Here is your country. Cherish these natural wonders, cherish the natural resources, cherish the history and romance as a sacred heritage, for your children and your children's children. Do not let selfish men or greedy interests skin your country of its beauty, its riches or its romance. T.R.
bomber60015 is offline   Reply With Quote