Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2012, 02:18 PM   #16
Wildman OP
In my castle

Oddometer: 17,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury264 View Post
Love to know when England will start winning (the big games that is) and stop 're-building'.
Not yet. Good day for the southern hemisphere. Except the Argies.
Ridden; GBR CYM DEU FRA ESP AND MCO ITA BEL SCT LUX CHE SMR LIE AUT NLD POL LTU LVA EST SWE FIN NOR DNK CZE SVK HUN ROU BGR GRC MKD SRB ALB MNE BIH HRV SVN MYS IRL BRA MAR PRT ARE USA ISL JPN MLT Planning; AUS TUR MDA UKR MEX BLR MNG RUS KAZ TJK KGZ SEN ZAF ZMB MWI NZL IND CPN
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:43 PM   #17
Oscar
Elitist Bastid

Oddometer: 15,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
Not yet. Good day for the southern hemisphere. Except the Argies.
To be fair, the Aussies looked awful, and the Jaapies were lucky.
As for Scotland...

“Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing, moving at different speeds. A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing.”

Clive James
Oscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:58 AM   #18
neanderthal
globeriding wannabe

Oddometer: 1,813
Fuck DirecTV.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:05 PM   #19
Frougby
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 717
Not to change the subject, but how will the placement for the next RWC be handled. I understand that 1-4 at the head of the pools, but are 5-8 placed in reverse order so Fra and Eng will be in the same pool? Just curious if anyone knows for sure. If I have understood correctly these rankings for the top 12 teams will be used to set up the pools for the next RWC on Dec. 3rd with final two in each pool to be added later.
Frougby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:37 PM   #20
George Papadopolis
between

Oddometer: 8,876
Was pleased with our play against Romania. Was surprised to see Argentina get manshamed by Ireland. Shocked that Hansen does not have Hore booked back to NZ after his disgraceful act, 6 week ban minimum.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:35 AM   #21
Wildman OP
In my castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frougby View Post
Not to change the subject, but how will the placement for the next RWC be handled. I understand that 1-4 at the head of the pools, but are 5-8 placed in reverse order so Fra and Eng will be in the same pool? Just curious if anyone knows for sure. If I have understood correctly these rankings for the top 12 teams will be used to set up the pools for the next RWC on Dec. 3rd with final two in each pool to be added later.
My understanding is that the rankings dictate seeding but teams will be drawn from each seeding 'pool'. So, as it currently stands, NZ, SA, Aus and France will each have a pool, Eng, Ire, Wal & Sam will each be drawn into one of the pools then Arg, Ita, Ton & Sco. I'm guessing that Tonga and Samoa will be kept apart. Don't know if Argentina will automatically draw France.
Ridden; GBR CYM DEU FRA ESP AND MCO ITA BEL SCT LUX CHE SMR LIE AUT NLD POL LTU LVA EST SWE FIN NOR DNK CZE SVK HUN ROU BGR GRC MKD SRB ALB MNE BIH HRV SVN MYS IRL BRA MAR PRT ARE USA ISL JPN MLT Planning; AUS TUR MDA UKR MEX BLR MNG RUS KAZ TJK KGZ SEN ZAF ZMB MWI NZL IND CPN
Old 11-28-2012, 01:11 AM   #22
Wildman OP
In my castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
To be fair, the Aussies looked awful, and the Jaapies were lucky...
Your, "Everyone's shit but the ABs", is very strong.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:46 AM   #23
Wildman OP
In my castle

Oh, and fuck the IRB/6N citing committee. Only a five week ban (to include the Highlander's' pre-season matches) for the GBH perpetrated by Hore is a joke.

Wildman screwed with this post 11-28-2012 at 10:09 AM
Old 11-28-2012, 11:12 AM   #24
Oscar
Elitist Bastid

Quote:
Your, "Everyone's shit but the ABs", is very strong.
Not really.
As far as I can see, the AIG AB's have yet to fire on all cylinders for longer than 40 minutes (the first half against Wales).
They are not playing to potential.

“Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing, moving at different speeds. A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing.”

Clive James
Old 11-28-2012, 11:13 AM   #25
Oscar
Elitist Bastid

Quote:
Oh, and fuck the IRB/6N citing committee. Only a five week ban (to include the Highlander's' pre-season matches) for the GBH perpetrated by Hore is a joke.

He should lose his AB jersey.

Clive James
Old 11-28-2012, 12:31 PM   #26
Wildman OP
In my castle

Quote:
Not really.
As far as I can see, the AIG AB's have yet to fire on all cylinders for longer than 40 minutes (the first half against Wales).
They are not playing to potential.
It was telling that when the ABs went down to 14 players they seemed to step up half a gear and still seemed to have a lot more in reserve.

Quote:
He should lose his AB jersey.
Yep.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:36 PM   #27
Oscar
Elitist Bastid

Quote:
It was telling that when the ABs went down to 14 players they seemed to step up half a gear and still seemed to have a lot more in reserve.

They have always lacked a plan B when Carter is on the field.
Whereas Cruden is not quite as skillful, he seems to adapt better to changes.

Clive James
Old 12-01-2012, 01:24 AM   #28
Frougby
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
My understanding is that the rankings dictate seeding but teams will be drawn from each seeding 'pool'. So, as it currently stands, NZ, SA, Aus and France will each have a pool, Eng, Ire, Wal & Sam will each be drawn into one of the pools then Arg, Ita, Ton & Sco. I'm guessing that Tonga and Samoa will be kept apart. Don't know if Argentina will automatically draw France.
Thanks for the info wildman, I got confused if they handled it like the NCAA tourney or not, but now that I read closer your draw description is right on. So just to prove I'm thankful I am going to predict an ABs blowout of eng so that it will be close or possibly and eng. win.

However, because i need to make at least one prediction that seems to be correct so I am picking aus over wal by about 15. I hope it will be the inverse, but wales is too depleted and without a chef.

And regarding the pools, wildman you are right - I don't think I will be able to recognize an RWC unless fra and arg are in the same pool.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:27 AM   #29
Frougby
Studly Adventurer

Quote:

+164
Old 12-01-2012, 01:27 AM   #30
Frougby
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar View Post
he should lose his ab jersey.
+165

Display Modes Rate This Thread