White pig

b0mb3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:35 AM   #2568
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
Ben says some interesting things about Yamaha, Ducati, WSBK, tires in Moto GP, and so forth.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/intervie...pies_-_qa.html
good read.
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:13 AM   #2569
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,219
Crutchlow continues to stir the pot.

http://www.bikesportnews.com/news-de...fm?newsid=9432
Old 05-31-2013, 07:49 AM   #2570
Drif10
Accredited Jackass

Oddometer: 45,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
Crutchlow continues to stir the pot.

http://www.bikesportnews.com/news-de...fm?newsid=9432
Unless Dorna steps in, he's fucked.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:59 AM   #2571
mdubya
Right Brigade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drif10 View Post
Unless Dorna steps in, he's fucked.
I don't agree with his tactics, but I think he is near the top of the list for the Suzuki ride. I think he is trying to use that as leverage to get Yamaha to do something. A bird in the hand and all that.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:00 AM   #2572
dontlr
Mysterious Chatter

Oddometer: 2,704
Dorna needs guys like him as much as they need a Marquez. He makes valid points and has proven himself to be deserving of a factory ride.
dontlr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:07 AM   #2573
mdubya
Right Brigade

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlr View Post
Dorna needs guys like him as much as they need a Marquez. He makes valid points and has proven himself to be deserving of a factory ride.
DORNA can pay his way, but they can't secure him a factory ride.

He won't be without a ride.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:29 AM   #2574
sprocketjock
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 790
MotoGP needs more guys like Cal. He's a man that says what's on his mind and calls bullshit when he sees it. He reminds me of an old school racer and I love that about him.
sprocketjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:37 AM   #2575
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,213
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlr View Post
I agree. Last year I thought he was just full of himself and maybe need to STFU but, now I think he's got a point, got cred and, I can appreciate him not wanting to get walked all over when he's getting very good results under difficult conditions such as France where he took one hell of a knock to the body during QP and still came back the next day and got 2nd.

I think MotoGP need guys like him more than they need another fast Spanish guy. Of course Yamaha want the fastest guy they can get but I have my doubts Pol is faster than CC and I like Pol.

My shipped has changed course, put me in the CC fanboi club.
swimmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:51 AM   #2576
cogitate
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
I agree. Last year I thought he was just full of himself and maybe need to STFU but, now I think he's got a point, got cred and, I can appreciate him not wanting to get walked all over when he's getting very good results under difficult conditions such as France where he took one hell of a knock to the body during QP and still came back the next day and got 2nd.

I think MotoGP need guys like him more than they need another fast Spanish guy. Of course Yamaha want the fastest guy they can get but I have my doubts Pol is faster than CC and I like Pol.

My shipped has changed course, put me in the CC fanboi club.
Me too. He has a hint of Barry Sheene

My book "If You Look at Your Health in a New Way..." is available here
and as PDF here
available in Kindle format here
cogitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:53 AM   #2577
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV

Oddometer: 6,766
Suzuki never built a good bike for years, decades maybe. The only reason they won was the rider. Schwantz, then Hopper never got a consistent good bike, nor Roberts.
I'd think jumping to the Suzuki would be worse than Ducati and slower than the Kawasaki CRT.

His public statements to the press may not be the smartest tactic for long term employment at Yamaha. Maybe he doesn't have the strongest representation?

Cal has mentioned elsewhere he wold be interested in trying other things, cycling for instance.
He also doesn't seem to have embraced the F1-style of living many seem to have, blowing all the money on crumpets and parties, ala Sheen. Could be he has a fairly good head on his shoulders and will make out alright.

Speculation does make for some fun between races and the start of silly season though.
Smugmug
Mr Head is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:03 AM   #2578
mike54
You don't get me

Oddometer: 13,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprocketjock View Post
MotoGP needs more guys like Cal. He's a man that says what's on his mind and calls bullshit when he sees it. He reminds me of an old school racer and I love that about him.
The problem for Cal is that it's not an old school kind of organization anymore. He expects to be treated fairly and rewarded for his performance. Fair enough but politics and nationality play a more important role these days. Cal doesn't play politics, he doesn't seem to whine either. I'll give him that. Threatening to quit isn't really a good tactic unless he plans to back it up. I doubt he really intends to do that. It just sounds like another not so well thought out comment from Cal of the kind that we've heard before.
I do agree that MotoGP needs guys like Cal. I just hope he can learn to keep a little calmer and a little more tactful.

Do stand up guys lie?
mike54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:34 AM   #2579
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike54 View Post
The problem for Cal is that it's not an old school kind of organization anymore. He expects to be treated fairly and rewarded for his performance. Fair enough but politics and nationality play a more important role these days. Cal doesn't play politics, he doesn't seem to whine either. I'll give him that. Threatening to quit isn't really a good tactic unless he plans to back it up. I doubt he really intends to do that. It just sounds like another not so well thought out comment from Cal of the kind that we've heard before.
I do agree that MotoGP needs guys like Cal. I just hope he can learn to keep a little calmer and a little more tactful.
That's the F'ing problem these days..people should stop being poosies and the racing should be about the F'ing racing.
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:41 AM   #2580
DogBoy
Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,428
Crutchlow won't be hurt by his comments. When he first joined Ducati, Stoner ripped Honda apart for breaking promises to satellite teams and called them liars. One sage in this forum predicted Stoner's comments would damage his career and he would never ride a Honda again. I remember Kevin Schwantz wanting a free RM250 MX bike from Suzuki and complaining they were too cheap to give him one in his RoadracingWorld column during the early '90s. He wrote that he bought a Yamaha and went on to say he thought it was a better bike than the Suzuki.

Sure, Crutchlow isn't on the same level as Stoner or Schwantz but he's fast and more importantly is a fast Brit. His complaining is nowhere near Biaggi's level so he should be fine.