Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2013, 09:46 AM   #2581
Nostop
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
Cal has done everything he needs to, to get a factory ride, but there isn't one in the "Spanish MotoGP world championship". What amazes me is that he's also very popular with the fans because of how he is and how he rides and yet no one seems to be interested, because of his nationality.

If the top 5 become Spanish, I think I'll turn off and go and watch something else.
Nostop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:03 AM   #2582
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ73 View Post
That's the F'ing problem these days..people should stop being poosies and the racing should be about the F'ing racing.
If someone would step up from England to give him a huge sponsorship package, he would have no problem getting a factory ride.

#1 rule of racing, of any sort, is you need a huge pile of money.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:09 AM   #2583
Lurky-Loo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogBoy View Post
When he first joined Ducati, Stoner ripped Honda apart for breaking promises to satellite teams and called them liars.
Stoner was talking about Michelin, not Honda.
Lurky-Loo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:15 AM   #2584
DogBoy
Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurky-Loo View Post
Stoner was talking about Michelin, not Honda.
Don't make me dig up the quote. He called Honda liars for claiming the satellite teams were getting regular chassis and engine updates.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:30 AM   #2585
bluegreen
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike54 View Post
The problem for Cal is that it's not an old school kind of organization anymore. He expects to be treated fairly and rewarded for his performance. Fair enough but politics and nationality play a more important role these days. Cal doesn't play politics, he doesn't seem to whine either. I'll give him that. Threatening to quit isn't really a good tactic unless he plans to back it up. I doubt he really intends to do that. It just sounds like another not so well thought out comment from Cal of the kind that we've heard before.
I do agree that MotoGP needs guys like Cal. I just hope he can learn to keep a little calmer and a little more tactful.

I like Cal, but have you not payed attention to anything he's said in the press in the last say..two years???

Cal whines more than most. Can you remember the last time he didn't complain that he wasn't on a factory during an interview? I can't. Remember Qatar where he refused to use the word "Yamaha" because he was stuck on that shitty 2012 World Championship winning bike?

"I'd like to thank Team Monster .....Tech3 "

If Cal was faster than his teammate last year he'd have factory bike under him right now. He wasn't...
bluegreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:33 AM   #2586
mike54
You don't get me

Oddometer: 13,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegreen View Post

I like Cal, but have you not payed attention to anything he's said in the press in the last say..two years???

Cal whines more than most. Can you remember the last time he didn't complain that he wasn't on a factory during an interview? I can't. Remember Qatar where he refused to use the word "Yamaha" because he was stuck on that shitty 2012 World Championship winning bike?

"I'd like to thank Team Monster .....Tech3 "

If Cal was faster than his teammate last year he'd have factory bike under him right now. He wasn't...
You have a different definition of whine than I do. See Stoner for a real whine.

Do stand up guys lie?
mike54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:37 AM   #2587
bluegreen
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostop View Post
Cal has done everything he needs to, to get a factory ride, but there isn't one in the "Spanish MotoGP world championship". What amazes me is that he's also very popular with the fans because of how he is and how he rides and yet no one seems to be interested, because of his nationality.

If the top 5 become Spanish, I think I'll turn off and go and watch something else.
Except beat his teammate last year...

And if Yamaha thought he could take on MM in the coming years they wouldn't care if he was from the moon, he'd be on a factory bike.

Name one Spaniard on a bike better than Cal's M1 who isn't a clearly more talented rider?

Thought so.

As for your "top 5" thing. You don't think Dorna knows this? Being Spanish is working against riders at this point. Bradley is on one of the best bikes on the grid BECAUSE of his passport, not in spite of it.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:45 AM   #2588
bluegreen
Adventurer

Quote:
You have a different definition of whine than I do. See Stoner for a real whine.
Cal whined so much about his shitty bike that Herve had to come out and say Cal was damn near on a factory bike a few weeks ago. Has Herve ever had to do this before?
Old 05-31-2013, 10:47 AM   #2589
mike54
You don't get me

Oddometer: 13,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegreen View Post
Cal whined so much about his shitty bike that Herve had to come out and say Cal was damn near on a factory bike a few weeks ago. Has Herve ever had to do this before?
Like I say you have a different definition. Complaining and whining are two different things to me. Apparently they are the same to you.

Do stand up guys lie?
mike54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:24 AM   #2590
windmills
Gnearly Adventurer

Oddometer: 228
Quote:
MotoGP needs more guys like Cal. He's a man that says what's on his mind and calls bullshit when he sees it. He reminds me of an old school racer and I love that about him.
Yeah, exactly right! In these days of media training, its refreshing to have someone speak their mind. Common enough in Moto3 amongst the Aussie and Brit contingent...

Quote:
Me too. He has a hint of Barry Sheene
High praise indeed!
Old 05-31-2013, 11:24 AM   #2591
bluegreen
Adventurer

Quote:
Like I say you have a different definition. Complaining and whining are two different things to me. Apparently they are the same to you.
They both wined.

Still like both of them though.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:02 PM   #2592
Kropotkin
Big Girl's Blouse

Oddometer: 7,111
"I'd like to thank my team, for all their hard work, I'd like to thank Yamaha, I'd like to thank my sponsors, who have been awesome for all their support. Yeah, we did great today."

Zzzzzzzzzz.

As we say in the UK, fuck that for a game of soldiers. We need people with character. Go read Fogarty's biography, those guys all despised each other. Go watch the interviews from the 90s, with Lawson, Schwantz, Rainey. They were characters. They were not toeing the company line. Too much corporatism at the moment in MotoGP. We need to stir that up.
Kropotkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:10 PM   #2593
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kropotkin View Post
"I'd like to thank my team, for all their hard work, I'd like to thank Yamaha, I'd like to thank my sponsors, who have been awesome for all their support. Yeah, we did great today."

Zzzzzzzzzz.

As we say in the UK, fuck that for a game of soldiers. We need people with character. Go read Fogarty's biography, those guys all despised each other. Go watch the interviews from the 90s, with Lawson, Schwantz, Rainey. They were characters. They were not toeing the company line. Too much corporatism at the moment in MotoGP. We need to stir that up.
+1
e.g. Kimi Raikkonen.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:52 PM   #2594
stevie88
That's gotta hurt

Oddometer: 17,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kropotkin View Post

Zzzzzzzzzz.

Old 05-31-2013, 01:43 PM   #2595
MODNROD
Perpetual ponderer

Oddometer: 1,959
Fogerty?!?!?! Who mentioned that prick's name?

Talk about a guy you could love to hate. I spent I dunno how many years living on the edge of my couch hoping Aaron Slight would get him, but the bastard can ride a bike unfortunately.

MotoGP is like society, no more or less. I rekn in this city down the road I could get "Community Service" for pouting at a red light.