Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2013, 09:55 AM   #2611
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumpermeister View Post
What was Dovi thinking moving there?
No lose situation for Dovi. He gets a chance to out due Rossi and if he fails can always blame the bike and gets a bigger pay check to boot. Based on how Dovi is doing so far his stock is rising.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:57 AM   #2612
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome

Oddometer: 12,485
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2wheels View Post
The announcers said that Biaggi was at Park Ferme yesterday. Probably looking for his pal Rossi
Biaggi is buds w/Lorenzo -- he was hanging in the Yamaha box.

yooperbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:05 AM   #2613
Lurky-Loo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperbikemike View Post
Biaggi looked very pleased for the twofer: win for his friend, crash for Rossi.
Lurky-Loo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:08 AM   #2614
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperbikemike View Post
And at the winner's box with the Yami guys.
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:18 AM   #2615
ErikY.
Here, Now.

Oddometer: 2,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumpermeister View Post
I can't help but think of that satellite-bike rider's team mate from last year (who pretty much owned him all season) languishing on a Ducati! What was Dovi thinking moving there?
It was either that or a CRT bike.
ErikY. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:22 AM   #2616
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikY. View Post
It was either that or a CRT bike.
I think Dovi could have stayed at Tech3 if he wanted. Both him and Cal were on a one year deal and I am pretty sure they'd have rather kept Dovi at that point the way Cal had been running his mouth not to mention Dovi finishing with more points.

Dovi made a good move.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:30 AM   #2617
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,827
Let's talk Americans for bit:

1. Nicky Hayden: I have been a fan for awhile now....since 2005 when I started watching GP racing. Pretty consistently the top American finisher....which really does not mean much these days. Usually a top ten finisher. But, with all the front running aliens, where is he to go to get a competitive ride? Certainly not gonna go back to Honda..not that anyone is asking him...nor Yamaha...no foreseeable open seat there for an American either, anytime soon. Ducati is the only other show in town, and its pretty obvious, has been for years now, they are not competitive with the Japanese bikes ..not without Stoner and bike of 2007. Sure, Dovi is making a good effort on riding the bike of today, and may well be best Duc rider going forward( yes, pains me to say that being Nick has been there for years). Is Suzuki or Kawasaki gonna step up anytime soon, and come up with a GP capable bike? Hayden family has had good relationship with the Kawi in years past. Might something pop up there?

2. Spies: Was his rise through AMA and WSBK the best of his career?? What is he gonna do now on the Satellite Duc? Any better than Iannone has been doing? How long will his injury take to get him back to where he should be, and even if he comes back 110%, is it gonna make any difference on that bike?

3. Edwards: I miss him in the main( non CRT) part of the paddock. I did not even know he raced yesterday until I saw his name in the standings.
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:45 AM   #2618
ErikY.
Here, Now.

Oddometer: 2,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
Dovi made a good move.
I think so; I also think he believes Ducati is going to get better in the next few years; he has time to wait unlike Rossi. He kicks ass and has been basically ignored for whatever reasons; as an Italian on a hopefully-soon-improved Ducati he has a good few years left.
ErikY. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:14 AM   #2619
wiseblood
Hall Monitor

Oddometer: 12,247
209.9 mph!

(Avert your eyes if you haven't watched the race yet! In fact, get off the Internet, ya dummy!)

By The Numbers: Marc Marquez’s Mugello Crash

During practice for this weekend’s MotoGP race at Mugello, Marc Marquez had an absolutely huge crash. Because he was wearing an airbag-equipped Alpinestars TechAir suit a) he walked away without injury b) the entire crash was datalogged. Here’s those numbers...
http://rideapart.com/2013/06/by-the-...mugello-crash/

Big Apple Tag-o-Rama Maps: Click Here!
wiseblood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:32 PM   #2620
markjenn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecha72 View Post
MM was on his way to a second-place finish, after crashing three times during practices, including one get-off at 200mph, where he had injured himself, too. Yes, he made one more mistake, and that meant he got DNF this time, and in hindsight it would have brought him a better result just to follow Pedrosa to the finish..... but seriously, WHAT exactly is it, that he´d have to do, to satisfy some people???!? He is in one word brilliant, even though he crashed. He´s already won in a very convincing way, been on the podium 4 out of 5 times, and he´s been steadily up there with the best in almost every practice session, too, ever since he hopped on that bike for the very first time.
Marquez is fast and an undeniable talent, but it remains to be seen whether he can combine his speed with the judgment to know when to take risks and when not to. What people forget is that it is easy to be faster than the competition if you're willing to double or triple your risk of crashing. Those who win championships are those who manage the balance. At his current crashing frequency, his career probably won't last very long. But I bet he learns he's not immortal very soon.

- Mark
markjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:35 PM   #2621
dontlr
Mysterious Chatter

Oddometer: 2,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjenn View Post
Marquez is fast and an undeniable talent, but it remains to be seen whether he can combine his speed with the judgment to know when to take risks and when not to. What people forget is that it is easy to be faster than the competition if you're willing to double or triple your risk of crashing. Those who win championships are those who manage the balance. At his current crashing frequency, his career probably won't last very long. But I bet he learns he's not immortal very soon.

- Mark
Oh you mean the TWO TIME World Champion Marquez....
dontlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:43 PM   #2622
markjenn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlr View Post
Oh you mean the TWO TIME World Champion Marquez....
True, he's won championships, but the level of the competition now is much, much higher.

- Mark
markjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:47 PM   #2623
wiseblood
Hall Monitor

Oddometer: 12,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2wheels View Post
The announcers said that Biaggi was at Park Ferme yesterday. Probably looking for his pal Rossi

Who is "Biaggi?"

Big Apple Tag-o-Rama Maps: Click Here!
wiseblood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:20 PM   #2624
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjenn View Post
Did you see, when MM rode 125´s, crashed on the sighting lap on a damp track, barely got back to the pits, where the team just managed to straighten the handlebars and stuff so he could participate, but he was forced to start from the last grid spot - and won?? And he fought for the world title that day - showed a lot of nerve control in my book.

He´s been much less of a loose cannon in MotoGP by the way, than he was when riding the smaller classes. Mugello was his first clear mistake in a race, and he´s even raced MotoGP bike in the wet, and got a podium.
Pecha72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:46 PM   #2625
Lurky-Loo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecha72 View Post
He´s been much less of a loose cannon in MotoGP by the way, than he was when riding the smaller classes.
It's only been five rounds.

That said, he's run into the back of his teammate during practice and hit another rider hard, possibly intentionally. Minor things, but things nonetheless.
Lurky-Loo is offline   Reply With Quote