Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2013, 09:55 AM   #2686
dontlr
Mysterious Chatter

Oddometer: 2,691
Tell them you're going to give your login information to 3 people to balance it out until they fix the billing, that may speed up the process
dontlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:59 AM   #2687
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV

Oddometer: 7,131
Hmm, so a billboard off these areas would be a good deal?
http://www.businessinsider.com/most-...a-2011-10?op=1

#1 shows up with more than 1.5 million hours of "viewing" availability.

Back in the day when I was shopping bicycle race sponsorship, I almost understood this. Never quite articulated it in my mind or aloud. Exactly what I needed to know.

This of course brings me back to CRT's and how you con somebody into paying for that?
Give us a million dollars and your company name might be seen on Television by millions as it cartwheels through the kittylitter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spezjag View Post
Yes. This is business, and the goal of advertising your business is to get your company's name in the biggest letters possible, and in front of as many people as possible.
My Life With The 990R
Smugmug
Mr Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:01 AM   #2688
Jurassic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,037
I just saw this on MCN's web page about Biaggi's test on the Pramac Ducati today;
"According to inside sources at Mugello, Biaggi’s best lap of the morning was a 1.49.7. The fastest race lap set at last weeks Mugello MotoGP race was set by Marc Marquez with a 1.47.639 meaning that Biaggi is currently around two seconds off the pace – first time out on a MotoGP bike since 2005."

Interesting!
Jurassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:34 AM   #2689
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Head View Post
Hmm, so a billboard off these areas would be a good deal?
http://www.businessinsider.com/most-...a-2011-10?op=1

#1 shows up with more than 1.5 million hours of "viewing" availability.

Back in the day when I was shopping bicycle race sponsorship, I almost understood this. Never quite articulated it in my mind or aloud. Exactly what I needed to know.

This of course brings me back to CRT's and how you con somebody into paying for that?
Give us a million dollars and your company name might be seen on Television by millions as it cartwheels through the kittylitter.
Ever heard of MinxFlix before PBM showed up with them as a sponsor a few races back? I sure had not.

I had never heard of Repsol Oil or Q8 Oil or Agip, or even Red Bull until I saw them as sponsors in Moto GP and WSBK.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:42 AM   #2690
obnoxious2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
I wonder who's enjoying Rossi's struggles more this year: biaggi or lorenzo?
obnoxious2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:50 AM   #2691
HarveyMushman
commutingmysentence

Oddometer: 16,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic View Post
I just saw this on MCN's web page about Biaggi's test on the Pramac Ducati today;
"According to inside sources at Mugello, Biaggi’s best lap of the morning was a 1.49.7. The fastest race lap set at last weeks Mugello MotoGP race was set by Marc Marquez with a 1.47.639 meaning that Biaggi is currently around two seconds off the pace – first time out on a MotoGP bike since 2005."

Interesting!
"Inside sources" = Two Italian guys in Biaggi's entourage who argued, gesticulating wildly, over who would get to press "Start" on the laptimer. The argument was settled when the team manager reached between them and hit the button roughly 5 seconds after Biaggi passed on his flying lap.

photo galleries
HarveyMushman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:58 AM   #2692
DC2wheels
Castle Anthrax troll

Oddometer: 2,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by obnoxious2 View Post
Well they are co-chairmen of the I-love-Vale fan club.......

Think Max had studied Rossi's Mugello lap times before he climbed onto the GP-13 today?
http://k11og.org/forum/index.php world-wide K bike forum

DC2wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:03 AM   #2693
Skowinski
Deuterostome

Oddometer: 5,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
Look at the fan base also and feel free to generalize or stereotype. Those types of people are an advertiser's dream.
Yeah, I know it. I have firsthand knowledge of Nascar, I grew up in the southeast U.S. and there was a major track that had lots of events 10 miles from my house. I went to quite a few races as a kid and into my teenage years.

In memory of Nika: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=990697
Skowinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:09 AM   #2694
ErikY.
Here, Now.

Oddometer: 2,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarveyMushman View Post
"Inside sources" = Two Italian guys in Biaggi's entourage who argued, gesticulating wildly, over who would get to press "Start" on the laptimer. The argument was settled when the team manager reached between them and hit the button roughly 5 seconds after Biaggi passed on his flying lap.
I seem to remember after Rossi just came back from breaking his leg he tested a factory supersport and was running faster times than Biaggi on his WSBK?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/oth...laps-tilt.html
ErikY. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:13 AM   #2695
dcstrom
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikY. View Post
I seem to remember after Rossi just came back from breaking his leg he tested a factory supersport and was running faster times than Biaggi on his WSBK?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/oth...laps-tilt.html
It was a superbike, not supersport, and he was running competitive times, don't know about faster than Biaggi though. But given he and Max aren't exactly best mates, if beating Max's times was his goal, I'm sure he could have done it!
Old 06-06-2013, 12:02 PM   #2696
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,847
Quote:
I can take or leave Jlo....not a fan, but not an anti fan either. Rossi was a great racer, but I never was one to jump on a band wagon.
With that said, I did find it funny how everyone was always bagging on Jlo and how his success only came from Rossi developing the bike. I think Rossi going to Ducati for those two years, and Jlo still doing just fine developing the bike. shows this.. Further illustrated by Rossi coming back to Yamaha, and not all out dominating. I also think the talent pool in GP is so much deeper now, than it was when he was winning all his championships.
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:14 PM   #2697
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,219
Quote:
Stoner.

ETA: I believe Max and Vale have called a truce and even follow each other on Twitter.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:23 PM   #2698
Jurassic
Beastly Adventurer

I'm going to make a rash prediction here and say that I think that if Rossi doesn't start getting the sort of results he hoped for soon he'll retire at the end of this season (or go to WSBK). There's no way he'll do a Schumacher and just trundle round making up the numbers. That'd free up a spot for his mate Cal and allow Pol to go to Tech 3.
I may be wrong though (it wouldn't be the first time).
Old 06-06-2013, 12:28 PM   #2699
Lurky-Loo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic View Post
I'm going to make a rash prediction here and say that I think that if Rossi doesn't start getting the sort of results he hoped for soon he'll retire at the end of this season (or go to WSBK).
Has it ever happened that a rider has voluntarily retired while under contract?
Lurky-Loo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:35 PM   #2700
Jurassic
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurky-Loo View Post
Has it ever happened that a rider has voluntarily retired while under contract?
I dunno but I'm sure a sideways move to WSBK could be engineered if it was what he wanted. I know Rossi's had a humbling couple of years at Ducati but I don't think he expected to be fighting for fourth or fifth spot on his return to Yamaha. Maybe he'll still get to grips with the M1 and my theory won't be put to the test anyway?