Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2013, 09:26 PM   #2791
azkiwi
message in a bottle

Oddometer: 9,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR
“We wanted a podium. That was the target, but unfortunately I arrived fourth so we are not so happy about the position,” he said.

“But apart from that it was quite a positive weekend for me and my team. I was fast and close to the top in practice, we still struggled a bit in qualifying, but in the race I did a very good start and stayed near the top group.

“I think that we are 'growing up' every race. If we compare with Jerez for example this race is a lot better. After six, seven or eight laps where I was [much] slower than the top three, after I can keep the same pace. I arrived 5.8s from Lorenzo who did a fantastic race and not so far from the Hondas.
Doesn't sound like a guy contemplating early retirement.

azkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 11:32 PM   #2792
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by azkiwi View Post
Doesn't sound like a guy contemplating early retirement.
Yesterday, a few tenths a lap faster in the early part of the race, and Rossi would have been exactly where Yamaha wants him to be: not as fast as JLo, but fast enough to be a PITA for Pedro&Marc. Just like Qatar. Would not be too surprised to see him repeat that this year. Looking at the points table, looks like he´ll now have to play the “wingman”, too.

But that #2 status won´t be good enough for Rossi on the long run. He must believe very firmly, that he still has what it takes to challenge them all.
Pecha72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:29 AM   #2793
Turder
Throttle engineer

Oddometer: 459
http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2013/S...MotoGP+in+2015

Suzuki for 2015, not 2014.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:41 AM   #2794
ktmgeoff
Remember it's not a race!

Oddometer: 1,404
So, did anyone else hear the commentators say that Lorenzo is on his 4th engine and one has been thrown in the bin, whilst the Hondas are only on their 2nd ?? If correct this would have to be a huge concern, with 11 races to go.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:01 AM   #2795
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome

Oddometer: 12,407

yooperbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:02 AM   #2796
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome

Old 06-17-2013, 06:24 AM   #2797
obnoxious2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Add me to the list of Bautista hater club. He has a nact for trying to take down factory bikes. He accomplished absolutely nothing with Suzuki and he has done even worse with Simoncelli's bike. I believe Rossi lost atleast 3-4 seconds by having to let Bautista lowside by. Otherwise I think he had a slight chance to be a PITA for Marquez/Pedrosa.

Looking at the test times, looks like it is wise for Suzuki to take another year to develop the bike as it was lapping similar times to the CRTs. Plus it's a good slap to Dorna's face for forcing them to pay for everything.
obnoxious2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:36 AM   #2798
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by obnoxious2 View Post
Add me to the list of Bautista hater club. He has a nact for trying to take down factory bikes. He accomplished absolutely nothing with Suzuki and he has done even worse with Simoncelli's bike. I believe Rossi lost atleast 3-4 seconds by having to let Bautista lowside by. Otherwise I think he had a slight chance to be a PITA for Marquez/Pedrosa.

Looking at the test times, looks like it is wise for Suzuki to take another year to develop the bike as it was lapping similar times to the CRTs. Plus it's a good slap to Dorna's face for forcing them to pay for everything.
Don't like his last two races but he has done pretty well in qualifying. Funny you mention "Simoncelli's bike", did you not have a problem with his riding style and ability to take others out? At least Bautista seems like he is happy to be there and doesn't act like a spoiled, dull rich kid (Pedrosa). Albeit he can ride the hell out of that bike but his lackluster personality makes it hard to root for him.

And Bautista low sided BEHIND Rossi.....not in front of him. Yes they were wide by side before he crashed but it is not like Rossi had to stand the bike up and ride around him. Highly doubt he lost more than a second.

Either way, pretty boring race. Both of my favorites, Cal and Nicky, took a slide in that same corner. If Marquez wasn't there it wouldn't have been worth watching.
RememberTheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:07 AM   #2799
Jurassic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperbikemike View Post
Easy to see that Suzuki won't be ready for 2014, they've not even managed to mount a front fender on it yet!
Jurassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:27 AM   #2800
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTheFallen View Post

And Bautista low sided BEHIND Rossi.....not in front of him. Yes they were wide by side before he crashed but it is not like Rossi had to stand the bike up and ride around him. Highly doubt he lost more than a second.

Either way, pretty boring race. Both of my favorites, Cal and Nicky, took a slide in that same corner. If Marquez wasn't there it wouldn't have been worth watching.
I agree with what I bolded there. Almost thought I was watching a different race( from the previous poster.) I am not sure Rossi even knew that Bautista almost took him out, for a second time. I am sure he watched the video after and was like, " WTF?".

I was pissed when Nick went down in that corner. That corner took out a lot of guys. I asked myself why the three front Spaniards did not go down lap after lap in same corner, and it kinda looked like they all had a tighter line through there, lap after lap. Ugh.
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:33 AM   #2801
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome

Old 06-17-2013, 07:36 AM   #2802
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome

Quote:
Clicking on the frame gives you a direction to watch on YT. Why TF did they put an embed code in then?

Old 06-17-2013, 07:56 AM   #2803
Jurassic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,036
Brad using a ruler to push his mangled finger into his glove before testing this morning! He's on his way to have a his scaphoid pinned and a skin graft on his little finger this evening.
Jurassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:03 AM   #2804
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome

Old 06-17-2013, 08:03 AM   #2805
ErikY.
Insulhater

Oddometer: 2,198
Quote:
Clicking on the frame gives you a direction to watch on YT. Why TF did they put an embed code in then?
Hopefully not the same IT guys working on the bike
ErikY. is offline   Reply With Quote