Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2013, 08:09 AM   #3166
HarveyMushman
commutingmysentence

Oddometer: 16,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2wheels View Post
Guess that might be the reason for this unhappy NH picture on the MM site, huh?
Lots of looks like that over his time with them . . .

photo galleries

HarveyMushman screwed with this post 07-16-2013 at 08:48 AM
HarveyMushman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:11 AM   #3167
Silver
Dirtnewb

Oddometer: 2,262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kropotkin View Post
Not gonna happen. Honda have too many good options to choose from, and will spring for a young talent over an old talent. Redding is 20, Crutchlow is 27, Hayden is 32.
I can dream can't I.

But yeah, looks like WSBK it is. Again, hopefully not on the Panigale. BMW or Aprilia please. I'd say Honda there but it doesn't seem like they can get their stuff sorted there right now either. Hayden/Laverty Ape 2014!
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:31 AM   #3168
KHVol
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperbikemike View Post
What a shame....hope he goes out with a podium or two .
Old 07-16-2013, 08:47 AM   #3169
DC2wheels
Castle Anthrax troll

Oddometer: 2,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHVol View Post
What a shame....hope he goes out with a podium or two .
Better hope for some very wet races- even then it would be a stretch to see NH in the top 3....unfortunately.
http://k11og.org/forum/index.php world-wide K bike forum

DC2wheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:54 AM   #3170
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,259
Quote:
Not gonna happen. Honda have too many good options to choose from, and will spring for a young talent over an old talent. Redding is 20, Crutchlow is 27, Hayden is 32.
I've got to think that Gresini looks over at LCR with a bit of jealously seeing how much tv time/exposure Bradl gets while the only time AB gets on tv is when he wrecks into someone. If they aren't going to put Hayden on the Gresini bike the ride has to go to CC for the want of reliable exposure. Double Brit lineup for Gresini next year I think. Guessing the lawyers are working out how to get out of the contract with AB.

If Ben is employed by Ducati could he take the factory seat if CC doesn't want it? This would look better (I guess but who could look at NH results and think Ben deserved that seat) than having a largely unrecognized rider on the factory team. Maybe the owner of Ignite only plays if Ben is involved.

Like others have said maybe Hayden not getting a Ducati contract is a blessing.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:58 AM   #3171
Parx400
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,509
From that article it sounds like Ducati want Ben on the Factory bike if he is able to ride.

Guys Hayden is not going to any factory bike. He is old and its time for him to go terrorize WSBK for a few years. After that get a Mile win. He can retire as the only man in the world to win Motogp ship, WSBK ship and the grand slam.
Parx400 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:05 AM   #3172
Skowinski
Chordate

Oddometer: 4,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
...If Ben is employed by Ducati could he take the factory seat if CC...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parx400 View Post
From that article it sounds like Ducati want Ben on the Factory bike if he is able to ride....
Ben? Which rider is that ?

"Nature never hurries, yet everything is accomplished."
- Lao Tsu

In memory of Nika: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=990697
Skowinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:09 AM   #3173
Kropotkin
Big Girl's Blouse

Oddometer: 7,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
I've got to think that Gresini looks over at LCR with a bit of jealously seeing how much tv time/exposure Bradl gets while the only time AB gets on tv is when he wrecks into someone. If they aren't going to put Hayden on the Gresini bike the ride has to go to CC for the want of reliable exposure. Double Brit lineup for Gresini next year I think. Guessing the lawyers are working out how to get out of the contract with AB.

If Ben is employed by Ducati could he take the factory seat if CC doesn't want it? This would look better (I guess but who could look at NH results and think Ben deserved that seat) than having a largely unrecognized rider on the factory team. Maybe the owner of Ignite only plays if Ben is involved.

Like others have said maybe Hayden not getting a Ducati contract is a blessing.
Bautista's contract is cast iron. HRC have not yet exercised their option to keep Bradl for another year, so if anything, it is Bradl who will lose out. Bautista is safe until 2014, at which point it's either back to Moto2 or off to WSBK.
Kropotkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:11 AM   #3174
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV

Oddometer: 6,865
Probably cheaper tossing WSBK bikes since you only get one Moto2 bike.

Quote:
Bautista's contract is cast iron. HRC have not yet exercised their option to keep Bradl for another year, so if anything, it is Bradl who will lose out. Bautista is safe until 2014, at which point it's either back to Moto2 or off to WSBK.
Facebook
Smugmug
Mr Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:12 AM   #3175
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,818
Screw WSBK...let NH go back to AMA, race with his brothers again, and give Josh Hayes someone to tangle with. Yeah, a step back, but the move to the Duc after Honda has been like a 6 year holding pattern in midpackism( on a good day). Like Scott Russel says" That dog still has some hunt in 'em"..or something like that.
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:13 AM   #3176
Tripped1
Likely Lost.

Oddometer: 7,442
Quote:
....which is a shame, he was really getting the suzuki moving.

Too many riders not enough seats.
Tripped1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:13 AM   #3177
swimmer
armchair asshole

Quote:

Wow, that sucks. I know AB has been using Showa but to see Bradl dropped over AB is crazy. I was shocked last year when so early on it was announced AB had his contract extended. So Bradl could potentially go to Ducati --> German rider for a German owned team.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:15 AM   #3178
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,219
I think Luccio said the Bradl option is as good as done. Of course, that means nothing until it is done.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:17 AM   #3179
swimmer
armchair asshole

lol

Emailed my wife about Hayden not riding for Ducati next year and probably not being in motogp at all next year. This her reply. Thought it was funny. Keep in mind she's Korean and typing on her phone.

Oh. No. Why. He can go Honda? Ducachi blames Nicky. No,! Their bike is slow! He is only USA person?
Old 07-16-2013, 09:22 AM   #3180
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,219
If Spies moved up to the factory seat, would it be possible for Nicky to take the Pramac/Ignite seat? Could be a nice 3 way deal for Ducati/Dorna/Ignite.

Plugging new riders into the the seat of the Ducati seems like an exercise in futility at the moment.

And I don't think the Panigale is ready for prime time in WSBK. Bigger failure than the 999 ever was.

I would love to see Nicky have some better options. But there aren't many good options anywhere in motorcycle racing these days.

Someone in Nicky's position might approach Suzuki about a development deal with some wild card rides for 2014 and for a 2015 debut. Although it doesn't sound like Suzuki is ready to be serious yet.