Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2013, 09:27 AM   #3181
DougZ73
Lacks Freetime

Oddometer: 6,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
Emailed my wife about Hayden not riding for Ducati next year and probably not being in motogp at all next year. This her reply. Thought it was funny. Keep in mind she's Korean and typing on her phone.

Oh. No. Why. He can go Honda? Ducachi blames Nicky. No,! Their bike is slow! He is only USA person?
Nice. I have gotten my wife into MotoGP as well.....she screams at the TV right along with me now.
DougZ73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:41 AM   #3182
mike54
You don't get me

Oddometer: 13,003
Quote:
Emailed my wife about Hayden not riding for Ducati next year and probably not being in motogp at all next year. This her reply. Thought it was funny. Keep in mind she's Korean and typing on her phone.

Oh. No. Why. He can go Honda? Ducachi blames Nicky. No,! Their bike is slow! He is only USA person?
My GFs facebook blew up when she heard. She's a big NH fan.

Do stand up guys lie?
mike54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:45 AM   #3183
KHVol
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,306
Nicky will be riding with pure passion at Laguna Seca....
Old 07-16-2013, 10:50 AM   #3184
DougZ73
Lacks Freetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHVol View Post
Nicky will be riding with pure passion at Laguna Seca....
I think the other way...although he will want to do well in front of home crowd, why risk injury pushing it on a ride he is losing next year? But I could be wrong.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:56 AM   #3185
BOOTLACE
Bikie Scum.

Oddometer: 3,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
If Spies moved up to the factory seat, would it be possible for Nicky to take the Pramac/Ignite seat? Could be a nice 3 way deal for Ducati/Dorna/Ignite.

Plugging new riders into the the seat of the Ducati seems like an exercise in futility at the moment.

And I don't think the Panigale is ready for prime time in WSBK. Bigger failure than the 999 ever was.

I would love to see Nicky have some better options. But there aren't many good options anywhere in motorcycle racing these days.

Someone in Nicky's position might approach Suzuki about a development deal with some wild card rides for 2014 and for a 2015 debut. Although it doesn't sound like Suzuki is ready to be serious yet.
Eeerrr, the 999 was their most successful race bike. Ever. 54% win rate.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:00 AM   #3186
KHVol
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ73 View Post
I think the other way...although he will want to do well in front of home crowd, why risk injury pushing it on a ride he is losing next year? But I could be wrong.
Hayden is very competitive, I think he will be determined to prove the decision makers at Ducati wrong... my .01.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:13 AM   #3187
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOTLACE View Post
Eeerrr, the 999 was their most successful race bike. Ever. 54% win rate.
It was a nightmare when it came out though. And a sales flop.

They were able to fix it by raising the seat into 998 position, but they had a mighty struggle with the marketing dept. over it.

Still, the Panigale, the Moto GP bike; Ducati is super lost.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:35 AM   #3188
Pantah
Red Sox Nation

Oddometer: 9,950
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
It was a nightmare when it came out though. And a sales flop.

They were able to fix it by raising the seat into 998 position, but they had a mighty struggle with the marketing dept. over it.

Still, the Panigale, the Moto GP bike; Ducati is super lost.
You know, I think the 999 in race trim is the prettiest motorcycle ever. Clean lines, short on bodywork and exposed that beautiful chassis and the aft head.

But yeah, that bike almost sunk Ducati. Total flop in the showroom.

I wonder when the bigwigs at VW fire the guy at Audi who had the brilliance to buy Ducati.
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:38 AM   #3189
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,005
Quote:
I think he will be determined to prove the decision makers at Ducati wrong... my .01.
Is it a foregone conclusion that Hayden even wanted to stay with Ducati? I am guessing while he wanted to stay in motogp riding the Ducati for another year was probably not too appetizing.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:41 AM   #3190
HarveyMushman
commutingmysentence

Oddometer: 16,149
Quote:
Nicky will be riding [the same turnip truck] at Laguna Seca....
Fixed.

photo galleries
HarveyMushman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:05 PM   #3191
Motorcyclist
Drag a Bag!

Oddometer: 3,273
Quote:
Is it a foregone conclusion that Hayden even wanted to stay with Ducati? I am guessing while he wanted to stay in motogp riding the Ducati for another year was probably not too appetizing.
I recall Nicky only wanting a one year contract from Ducati (it was reported they were offering two), so maybe he was using this year to evaluate where they were going. I'm sure Ducati is driving his leaving, but it may have been a good decision on his part not to be locked up for an additional year if it lands him a quality ride somewhere else.
Motorcyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:14 PM   #3192
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome

Oddometer: 12,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarveyMushman View Post
Fixed.
ditto

yooperbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:15 PM   #3193
mike54
You don't get me

Oddometer: 13,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcyclist View Post
I recall Nicky only wanting a one year contract from Ducati (it was reported they were offering two), so maybe he was using this year to evaluate where they were going. I'm sure Ducati is driving his leaving, but it may have been a good decision on his part not to be locked up for an additional year if it lands him a quality ride somewhere else.
I don't want to speculate on what Nicky was thinking, but I remember last year at Indy it was reported that he was offered 2 years but signed on for only one. I thought it was strange at the time but I also think Nicky is a pretty good negotiator too. I mean he's got some used car salesman in his blood doesn't he?!

Do stand up guys lie?
mike54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:36 PM   #3194
DougZ73
Lacks Freetime

One year contracts are always better leveraging for the rider. Assuming they are doing well, and they all want to assume they will always do better, then when it comes time to renegotiate, they have that leverage, and shop around for better offers. Best way to get more money is to have other offers on the table.

Flipside: if riding worse, then not so helpful...to the rider.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:37 PM   #3195
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,162
Some good speculation from GP One, usually more credible than MCN (although MCN's reporter is quite credible ).

http://www.gpone.com/en/201307161086...-a-Laguna.html