ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-21-2013, 02:12 AM   #3331
advNZer?
Beastly Adventurer
 
advNZer?'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Wellington,New Zealand
Oddometer: 2,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2wheels View Post
That would be Ralph Sheheen. He usually is in the NASTYCAR pit lane...that will tell you something.

Someone please send this guy to the bowling network.
The sound was shit this morning but it was Harris and Emmett with some time with Ben Spies on freeview
You could hardly hear them but all other audio was louder than them
__________________
aka BMWST?
advNZer? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:22 AM   #3332
BOOTLACE
Bikie Scum.
 
BOOTLACE's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: Methane Central..(Sth Gippsland)
Oddometer: 3,840
Randy M would be happy. The young fella won in Moscow today. Anyone else watching WSBK? Race 1 was epic! Kawasaki firepower!!
__________________
bootlace
BOOTLACE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:00 AM   #3333
Moronic
Beastly Adventurer
 
Moronic's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Perth, Australia
Oddometer: 1,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjenn View Post
FYI, the oddsmakers currently rank Rossi's chances of winning the MotoGP championship at 50:1.

- Mark
Requoting this from July 4 (historical reasons only, Mark ).

Seventeen days later and Rossi has shortened to 11:1 (best price) and still the most popular bet.

Wonder what the price will be this time tomorrow.

That 50:1 price looks good today. Those on it will pick up $10,000 for a stake of $200 if he happens to get it together.

Marquez has shortened to 5:4.
__________________
Sorting out the S4Rs Ohlins shock: click here.
Moronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:38 AM   #3334
Moronic
Beastly Adventurer
 
Moronic's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Perth, Australia
Oddometer: 1,568
Rate this Stoner denial

Stoner quoted today in this article published on News Ltd websites in Australia:

"Rumours start everywhere and there is all types of rumours going around at the moment," Stoner said.

"People are telling me I might be going back to MotoGP, but a rumour is a rumour."

Appears to be a fresh quote, hard to tell.

In the article, Stoner says he is not up to partnering a senior driver in the season's major endurance events, notably the Bathurst 1000 at the famous mountain road circuit.

He describes the V8 four-wheelers he is racing now as "very numb", and acc to the story has not committed to a drive for next year.

If his quote re MotoGP is indeed contemporary rather than lifted from an earlier interview, it sounds like the sort of indirect denial that immediately preceded his announcing his retirement last year.

Of course, it is not at all clear who would/could find space for him, except for Ducati.
__________________
Sorting out the S4Rs Ohlins shock: click here.
Moronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:23 AM   #3335
BOOTLACE
Bikie Scum.
 
BOOTLACE's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: Methane Central..(Sth Gippsland)
Oddometer: 3,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moronic View Post
Stoner quoted today in this article published on News Ltd websites in Australia:

"Rumours start everywhere and there is all types of rumours going around at the moment," Stoner said.

"People are telling me I might be going back to MotoGP, but a rumour is a rumour."

Appears to be a fresh quote, hard to tell.

In the article, Stoner says he is not up to partnering a senior driver in the season's major endurance events, notably the Bathurst 1000 at the famous mountain road circuit.

He describes the V8 four-wheelers he is racing now as "very numb", and acc to the story has not committed to a drive for next year.

If his quote re MotoGP is indeed contemporary rather than lifted from an earlier interview, it sounds like the sort of indirect denial that immediately preceded his announcing his retirement last year.

Of course, it is not at all clear who would/could find space for him, except for Ducati.
Sounds promising! Knew he wouldn't last in the taxis. Like Bayliss, 2 races and ho hum....
Honda would make it happen, if the DICKtator allowed it.......
But I doubt well see him back. Unfortunately.
__________________
bootlace
BOOTLACE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:04 AM   #3336
Moronic
Beastly Adventurer
 
Moronic's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Perth, Australia
Oddometer: 1,568
It may or may not be relevant that the wearying 1000km Bathurst event takes place on the weekend before the Phillip Island MotoGP round.

AFAIK, drivers looking to get up to speed in one of these V8 sedans tend to jump at the chance to co-drive the endurance races, and as they need two drivers per car chances do seem to come up.

Is it possible Stoner has not had an offer?
__________________
Sorting out the S4Rs Ohlins shock: click here.
Moronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:18 AM   #3337
Motorcyclist
Drag a Bag!
 
Motorcyclist's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Madison, CT
Oddometer: 3,374
That article about Stoner makes him sound terrible - nothing positive going on.

He complains about the amount of PR time that is required, about the other drivers he races against, and about the car.

I hope he is able to find some happiness in the future.
Motorcyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:23 AM   #3338
O.C.F.RIDER
Loose nut behind h/bars
 
O.C.F.RIDER's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Hewitt,New Jerseystan, OBAMANATION
Oddometer: 4,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcyclist View Post
That article about Stoner makes him sound terrible - nothing positive going on.

He complains about the amount of PR time that is required, about the other drivers he races against, and about the car.

I hope he is able to find some happiness in the future.
Aw gee, I feel so sorry for him.
We should all have a life that's so terrible.

Chris
__________________
http://www.theshining.info/
KTM 950 Adv. "S"...'06 KTM 525 EXC...
'76 MV Agusta 750 America S...'84 Honda VF1000...
'75 Kawi 900 Z1...'90 Kawi ZX11...'03 Kawi ZRX 1200...'01 VOR 400E
O.C.F.RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:32 AM   #3339
auguzt
4ever n00b
 
auguzt's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: NW Italy, lots o' wines n' hills
Oddometer: 372
Italian TV commentators have reported that, during an informal chat with Lucio Cecchinello, he came out with something like: "I wonder, in a hypotetical racing team with Stoner, Biaggi and Kocinski, who would give up first..." and then everyone bursted into a laugh.
That says quite a lot...

By the way, I think the team manager would give up first....
__________________
My head is my only house unless it rains.
auguzt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:33 AM   #3340
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome
 
yooperbikemike's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: The blue groove
Oddometer: 12,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C.F.RIDER View Post
Aw gee, I feel so sorry for him.
We should all have a life that's so terrible.

Chris
__________________
"...people in the stands want to see good, close racing. The thing is to put on a show, and that’s what’s going to draw people in..." -- Scotty Parker



yooperbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:02 AM   #3341
Dave.0
Studly Adventurer
 
Dave.0's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: The coldest part of Arizona
Oddometer: 737
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigincali View Post
I wouldn't hold your breath for Alex Marquez. He isn't as aggressive as his brother nor is he as on the edge as his brother IMO.
He's been fun to watch in Moto3. He has the speed, but not really the racecraft. I think that will come - give the guy 4 more years and I think he will be something special.
Dave.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:32 AM   #3342
BOOTLACE
Bikie Scum.
 
BOOTLACE's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: Methane Central..(Sth Gippsland)
Oddometer: 3,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave.0 View Post
He's been fun to watch in Moto3. He has the speed, but not really the racecraft. I think that will come - give the guy 4 more years and I think he will be something special.
I'd say more like one more year.....max.
__________________
bootlace
BOOTLACE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:36 AM   #3343
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs
 
RedRocket's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: SoCal
Oddometer: 19,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kropotkin
Bautista could be dropped in favor of Nicky Hayden

http://motomatters.com/analysis/2013...y_round_u.html

I sure hope you're right David.
I'm betting on Alvaro taking himself out today.
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:39 AM   #3344
dontlr
Mysterious Chatter
 
dontlr's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Queen Creek AZ - Its a dry heat
Oddometer: 2,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by advNZer? View Post
The sound was shit this morning but it was Harris and Emmett with some time with Ben Spies on freeview
You could hardly hear them but all other audio was louder than them
The non stop Brian Dribble is horrible and when the motogp bikes come out if finally drowns him out. He was mentioning how we could hear the sound of knee pucks in the electrical class, ya maybe if you shut up for more than 3 seconds
dontlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:41 AM   #3345
dontlr
Mysterious Chatter
 
dontlr's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Queen Creek AZ - Its a dry heat
Oddometer: 2,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
http://motomatters.com/analysis/2013...y_round_u.html

I sure hope you're right David.
I'm betting on Alvaro taking himself out today.
I told Alvaro not to take Rossi out on Sunday, it was late and nobody around last night, he had a laugh about it.
dontlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014