Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2013, 08:15 PM   #3361
cogitate
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,705
I just watched the interviews. Great stuff.

I bet it goes down to the wire in Valencia. At least I hope it does. Great stuff.

My book "If You Look at Your Health in a New Way..." is available here
and as PDF here
available in Kindle format here
cogitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:17 PM   #3362
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasbo View Post
Ok, I see it now, I missed the replay afterwards. Glad to see Hayden fight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
contact bent his clutch lever
Nicky wasn't very impressed by the whole thing, said he thought he was down. I think we might see more fireworks before the end of the year.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:55 AM   #3363
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,355
Marquez is in devastating form, and sooner than anyone probably thought. After the break Id like to see Pedrosa & Lorenzo both return in full fitness to fight him. And Rossi, Crutchlow and Bradl dont want to be left out of that party either. Thats six riders, who will have a chance to at least win a race or a few before the end of season. And though the title chase looks to be between the three Spaniards, Lorenzo and Pedrosa have already demonstrated, that nothing is certain. Still 9 races to go.

Really looks like its gonna be a cracking second half of the season.
Pecha72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:40 AM   #3364
Turder
Throttle engineer

Oddometer: 459
Now that Pedrosa and Lorenzo have been out from the top spots, feels like the mentality and overall feeling on the podium has been massively more relaxed and more joyfull, genuine too. JLo and Ped on the parc ferme, podium and press conference is just thanks guys, thanks sponsors, vamos and that's it. Now Rossi, MM, Cal etc. are high-fiving, cracking jokes and goofing around. Great stuff.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:19 AM   #3365
matkal
Assault Commuter

Oddometer: 1,606
I'd like to see Hayden on a satellite Honda or better yet Tech 3.
Either one, he'd be faster than the Ducs

Helmet laws suck. They interfere with natural selection.

ATGATT 35:12-14
"And Atgatt courted Motgatt, and took her for a wife.
And lo, he compromised with Atgmott, and verily she conceived,
and did bear a son, Notgatt. And Notgatt roamed naked,
and did bequeath his skin to the roads. And he was a wild ass and an outcast,
and was hated through all the land. And his forehead was branded, and he did be
come a sign and a warning to all the people."
matkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:20 AM   #3366
obnoxious2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecha72 View Post
Marquez is in devastating form, and sooner than anyone probably thought. After the break Id like to see Pedrosa & Lorenzo both return in full fitness to fight him. And Rossi, Crutchlow and Bradl dont want to be left out of that party either. Thats six riders, who will have a chance to at least win a race or a few before the end of season. And though the title chase looks to be between the three Spaniards, Lorenzo and Pedrosa have already demonstrated, that nothing is certain. Still 9 races to go.

Really looks like its gonna be a cracking second half of the season.
Marquez is also 2/2 in replicating Rossi's move. I'm just waiting for a Catalunya dive off that last corner to complete the trifecta
obnoxious2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:10 AM   #3367
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome

Oddometer: 12,407
Well, this ought to keep us occupied 'til Indy...

Casey Stoner to test factory Honda in Japan

yooperbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:23 AM   #3368
Kropotkin
Big Girl's Blouse

Oddometer: 7,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperbikemike View Post

Interesting quotes from Matt Birt:

Kropotkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:26 AM   #3369
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kropotkin View Post
Interesting quotes from Matt Birt:
HRC have point-blank denied that Stoner is going to wild card in Phillip Island and Motegi and that he is not planning a return 2 MotoGP
Matthew Birt (@birtymotogp) July 22, 2013

Stoner is still 100% happy with his decision to retire. But who wouldn't want to ride a 260bhp MotoGP bike for a bit of work and play?
Matthew Birt (@birtymotogp) July 22, 2013
He's not planning on retiring, then he does.

Smoke/fire

Old 07-22-2013, 07:32 AM   #3370
bingbong
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 760
Question

Quote:

I really don't see him going racing, would Honda want him taking points off the repsol guys. ( not certain I know). And if Honda told him not to beat them, what's the point of him putting his a$$ on the line. I could possibly see him riding a production Honda that is not expected to be near the front
Old 07-22-2013, 07:39 AM   #3371
Drif10
Accredited Jackass

Oddometer: 45,422
If he can articulate his input, he'd be the only test rider who can ride at alien speeds, so it'd be a real boon to HRC if they could use him for all the laps they need for testing. Current format has the factory really limited in their fast guy lap days, correct? Here's the work around.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:15 AM   #3372
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome

From Foxsports.au

Casey Stoner set to return to MotoGP when he completes series of testing sessions with Honda

MOTORCYCLE great Casey Stoner will become the world's fastest test rider when he makes a dramatic return to MotoGP in a series of private sessions with Honda.

The return to bikes has fuelled speculation that Stoner is set to make wildcard race appearances this season.

The two races at the centre of the rumours are the Australian and Japanese Grands Prix in October.

Stoner, 27, will end his nine-month retirement from MotoGP at the Motegi circuit in Japan next week with a two-day test aboard Honda's world championship winning RC213V.

He will rejoin the Honda team in Japan on August 6-7.

Honda has confirmed that Stoner will ride a prototype of its 2014 model being readied for next season in a clear effort to strengthen its championship campaign.

Stoner retired at the peak of his career last November having won two MotoGP world championships and 38 races.

He switched to the second-tier V8 Supercars series this year but has now agreed a deal that will see him complete four Honda test sessions before the end of the season.

Stoner admitted he had missed the thrill of two wheels but was "still happy" with his decision to stop full-time bike racing.

"But there are times when I miss riding my RC213V so I am really happy that Honda have asked me to do some testing in Motegi this year," Stoner said.

"It will allow me to enjoy what I miss which is riding a MotoGP bike."

A spokesman for the Honda Racing Corporation said that wildcard race appearances were not part of the plan.

"There have been rumours of a wildcard races for Casey but this is out of the question,'' HRC team principal Livio Suppo said.

But Stoner's return to a full-scale test program with Honda, which could be as many as eight days across four appearances, is more than riding just for fun.

Crucially Honda want Stoner's assessment of its RC213V which is locked in a tense struggle with Yamaha for this year's world championship.

Honda rookie Marc Marquez leads the championship after his third win from nine races in the US Grand Prix.

Yamaha contender Jorge Lorenzo, who has ridden for a month with a triple fracture in his left collarbone, is 26 points behind in third place.

"With testing you always want a fast rider but maybe Casey is too much," Suppo said.

"When you have a new bike it is good to have a test rider who can really push the limit before you give the bike to the factory riders.

"If you do something you do it properly which is why HRC have agreed with Casey come and do a series of four test sessions in Japan."

Honda MotoGP boss Shuhei Nakamoto is delighted that Stoner will again work with Honda saying the talented Australian rider "woke up our engineers" during his two years with the company.

Stoner won the 2007 world championship with Ducati and his second title in his first season with Honda in 2011.

Old 07-22-2013, 08:39 AM   #3373
dontlr
Mysterious Chatter

Oddometer: 2,696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drif10 View Post
If he can articulate his input, he'd be the only test rider who can ride at alien speeds, so it'd be a real boon to HRC if they could use him for all the laps they need for testing. Current format has the factory really limited in their fast guy lap days, correct? Here's the work around.
This ^^^^^^^^^^
And he gets everything he wants without all the BS that he complained about.
He shows up ride fast and gets paid a lot, win win situation, but he does love to race other people..
dontlr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:50 AM   #3374
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,190
Quote:

Last couple of paragraphs are a little amusing.
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2013/Jul/130722a.htm
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:53 AM   #3375
azkiwi
message in a bottle

Oddometer: 9,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staff
None of the factors that Casey Stoner cited as reasons for retiring have changed. The only thing that has changed is that there is a young kid on the Honda now who doesn't mind signing autographs, spending time with fans and sponsors and is rocket fast on the bike. He looks set to re-write the record books. Because of this not many people talk about Casey Stoner these days. That's the only thing that has changed.

azkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote