Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2013, 01:01 PM   #3931
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th-Elefant View Post
Maybe, maybe not. Would MM have done so well outside the factory team?
He would have been on the factory team. Whether he or Pedrosa would have been in another garage is the question. But he would have had a factory bike and factory contract and factory engineers.
Old 08-10-2013, 03:54 PM   #3932
mike54
You don't get me

Oddometer: 13,153
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th-Elefant View Post
Maybe, maybe not. Would MM have done so well outside the factory team?
I think Marquez would be at the front as long as he isn't on a Ducati or CRT bike.

Do stand up guys lie?
mike54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 04:03 PM   #3933
Kropotkin
Big Girl's Blouse

Oddometer: 7,182
Bradl will be on the podium three more times this year. - false. Might get one more, but podium is crowded.

Yamaha will exhaust their engine allocation and have to start from the pits. - False, they'll manage. Rossi is only rider in possible trouble.

Stoner will be racing next year in Moto GP. - False. He'll only come back if MotoGP goes back to racing two strokes (Honda would never allow it), and/or Carmelo Ezpeleta retires (he's in rude good health).

A Ducati will be on the podium this year. - False, barring wet weather

A Ducati will be on the podium in 2014. - True. One, maybe two. Desmosedici will be a very, very different bike next year, and the organizational changes at Ducati should be starting to take effect.

A Ducati will be on the podium in 2015. - True. They might even win one.

Nicky Hayden will be racing in Moto GP next year. - 50/50 I think where he goes depends on where he gets the most competitive ride

Pedrosa will be world champ this year. - False. I think he blew it with his broken collarbone

Marquez will be world champ this year. - True. I think he can do enough to hold off Pedrosa and Lorenzo. I don't think he'll win as many as Pedrosa and Lorenzo.

Lorenzo will be world champ this year. - False. He didn't gain enough of an advantage in the first half of the season, and then he threw the championship away at Assen.

Rossi will be world champ this year. - False. He starts from too far behind. They got the bike sorted too late in the season.

Rossi will never be world champ again. - True. Too many riders he has to beat. He'll win more races, but no more titles.

Spies will never be on the podium in Moto GP again. - True. No room at Honda for him, which is his only hope of a podium.

Edwards would make a great commentator for Moto GP. - False. Spies would be better. He's better at explaining. Edwards is colorful, Spies is insightful.
Kropotkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 05:26 PM   #3934
DC2wheels
Castle Anthrax troll

Oddometer: 2,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kropotkin View Post
Bradl will be on the podium three more times this year. - false. Might get one more, but podium is crowded.

Yamaha will exhaust their engine allocation and have to start from the pits. - False, they'll manage. Rossi is only rider in possible trouble.

Stoner will be racing next year in Moto GP. - False. He'll only come back if MotoGP goes back to racing two strokes (Honda would never allow it), and/or Carmelo Ezpeleta retires (he's in rude good health).

A Ducati will be on the podium in 2014. - True. One, maybe two. Desmosedici will be a very, very different bike next year, and the organizational changes at Ducati should be starting to take effect.

Nicky Hayden will be racing in Moto GP next year. - 50/50 I think where he goes depends on where he gets the most competitive ride

Pedrosa will be world champ this year. - False. I think he blew it with his broken collarbone

Marquez will be world champ this year. - True. I think he can do enough to hold off Pedrosa and Lorenzo. I don't think he'll win as many as Pedrosa and Lorenzo.

Lorenzo will be world champ this year. - False. He didn't gain enough of an advantage in the first half of the season, and then he threw the championship away at Assen.

Rossi will be world champ this year. - False. He starts from too far behind. They got the bike sorted too late in the season.

Rossi will never be world champ again. - True. Too many riders he has to beat. He'll win more races, but no more titles.

Spies will never be on the podium in Moto GP again. - True. No room at Honda for him, which is his only hope of a podium.

Edwards would make a great commentator for Moto GP. - False. Spies would be better. He's better at explaining. Edwards is colorful, Spies is insightful.
OK Krop- all the ADV racing thread inmates are gonna' be watching your predictions. WOW.
http://k11og.org/forum/index.php world-wide K bike forum

DC2wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 05:32 PM   #3935
Kropotkin
Big Girl's Blouse

Oddometer: 7,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2wheels View Post
OK Krop- all the ADV racing thread inmates are gonna' be watching your predictions. WOW.
Just as long as they are not foolish enough to actually put any money on me being right!
Kropotkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:52 PM   #3936
The Blue Rider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
Quote:
Agreed totally. Ben sounds like a totally different person when commentating (I figure he's just bored to death by the regular media questions and canned responses). I'm sure he'd rather race, but he has a post-racing career available to him for sure.

I bet Colin could be the on-the-spot color interview guy. He'd kill.
The Blue Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 12:36 AM   #3937
HoneyBunz
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,201
Insiders place great emphasis on riders accomplishments on the track.
As fans, we are free to give more weight to a rider's personality or nationality than performance.
I have no respect for two previous riders. I care not one iota for how popular or talented they are/were. That doesn't mean I don't recognize their talent.

Problems have a way of resolving themselves.

I'm happy to hold my tongue as long as others don't start singing their praises. When others start singing, expect dissent. Debate is healthy.

There are far more riders I hold in high regard.

Fact is, this is the best season in many years. I'm really looking forward to the return of Ben Spies.
Certified "Safe For Transmission" - NSA Inspector #47
HoneyBunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 05:17 AM   #3938
EKIN
Just Do It

Oddometer: 548
Quote:

The force is strong with this one.

All joking aside, some good insight.
Old 08-11-2013, 07:04 AM   #3939
okiegtrider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 549
OK, so they dump Ralph mouth, goofy Greg and the rest and we get this commentary dream team:

Ben Spies, timely, insight from the booth

Colin Edwards, colorful banter from pit lane

Danielle Teal, pretty girl, who know one cares if she can speak or not.

okiegtrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:00 AM   #3940
sailor22
Jay Pegg pusher

Oddometer: 376
Don't want to lose the two Brits though, those guys are great. Maybe just add your line up to the mix. Sort of a group of wise asses and ex racers sitting around watching races, and letting us hang out with them.
sailor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:18 AM   #3941
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor22 View Post
Don't want to lose the two Brits though, those guys are great. .
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:31 AM   #3942
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV

Oddometer: 7,104
I don't agree that Ducati will fix their problems by shuffling the deck from Germany. I hope they do, but I don't think they will.
Quote:

My Life With The 990R
Smugmug
Mr Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:42 AM   #3943
Dagofast
Full giggety ahead.

Oddometer: 1,723
It must be my American showing, or sauntering downstairs on a Sunday morning to an empty DVR...but do F1 and MotoGP really need to go on summer vacay? At the same time? When they only race from March to November?

Yeah, I'm bored. And jealous as hell!
Dagofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:16 PM   #3944
Bounder
ExternallyDisplaced

Oddometer: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagofast View Post
It must be my American showing, or sauntering downstairs on a Sunday morning to an empty DVR...but do F1 and MotoGP really need to go on summer vacay? At the same time? When they only race from March to November?
WSBK was on last weekend, then Indy next weekend. Whats the problem?
BSB was on this weekend as well good racing there too.
Bounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:53 PM   #3945
DC2wheels
Castle Anthrax troll

Oddometer: 2,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagofast View Post

Yeah, I'm bored. And jealous as hell!
I agree. Now that we cannot get WSBK on the television, this has been too long of a break.
http://k11og.org/forum/index.php world-wide K bike forum

DC2wheels is offline   Reply With Quote