Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2013, 01:39 PM   #3946
misanthropic
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2wheels View Post
I agree. Now that we cannot get WSBK on the television, this has been too long of a break.
You can watch WSBK on Bein sport if your cable carries the channel and Bein also streams the races from their website for free. Posted from my couch watching ALMS from Road America. :
misanthropic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:55 PM   #3947
azkiwi
message in a bottle

Oddometer: 9,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Head View Post
I don't agree that Ducati will fix their problems by shuffling the deck from Germany. I hope they do, but I don't think they will.
Then what would you suggest? When management and engineering become moribund, all you can do is refresh all aspects of your program. Import top talent from where it is available, form new synergies and find a new direction.

Last I heard Warren Willing isn't German - proof that they are casting a wider net to find fresh technical approach, and not just 'shuffling the deck'.

azkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 02:11 PM   #3948
DC2wheels
Castle Anthrax troll

Oddometer: 2,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by misanthropic View Post
You can watch WSBK on Bein sport if your cable carries the channel and Bein also streams the races from their website for free. Posted from my couch watching ALMS from Road America. :
No cable here. Just sort-of fast DSL that isn't fast enough to support Bein sport. KRAP.

Just what we can get on DirecTV satellite.
http://k11og.org/forum/index.php world-wide K bike forum

DC2wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 04:54 PM   #3949
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV

Oddometer: 6,724
Willing is crew chief or head of the racing effort?
Ducati chose a design that is not compact. They need to work to make it so.
The riders they have chosen to go down this next road with I think are not the right ones. Crutchlow may decide to knock it back a few notches after beating himself with the gravel and tarmac next season. 2015 would mean they need to make a major design change to next years bike, that has to be ready to test come November, they had better been well into that effort by now. I doubt they are.
Not impossible, but I doubt the commitment and direction.
We'll see come 2015.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azkiwi View Post
Then what would you suggest? When management and engineering become moribund, all you can do is refresh all aspects of your program. Import top talent from where it is available, form new synergies and find a new direction.

Last I heard Warren Willing isn't German - proof that they are casting a wider net to find fresh technical approach, and not just 'shuffling the deck'.
Smugmug
Mr Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 05:49 PM   #3950
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,186
Quote:
No cable here. Just sort-of fast DSL that isn't fast enough to support Bein sport. KRAP.

Just what we can get on DirecTV satellite.
We can get it with Directv, it's in super premium pkg.
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 06:44 PM   #3951
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,817
Quote:
I agree. Now that we cannot get WSBK on the television, this has been too long of a break.
I thought I lost it too, but then realized my cable company actually does carry BeIN sports...even though not advertised anywhere. 726 on my cable listings. And they do all the races too, not just one series like Speed did.

EDIT: saw your other posts after.
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:02 PM   #3952
craigincali
Just hanging around

Oddometer: 1,904
Direct TV shows that MotoGP will be on Fueltv...WTF??
craigincali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:20 PM   #3953
azkiwi
message in a bottle

Oddometer: 9,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Head View Post
Willing is crew chief or head of the racing effort?
Ducati chose a design that is not compact. They need to work to make it so.
The riders they have chosen to go down this next road with I think are not the right ones. Crutchlow may decide to knock it back a few notches after beating himself with the gravel and tarmac next season. 2015 would mean they need to make a major design change to next years bike, that has to be ready to test come November, they had better been well into that effort by now. I doubt they are.
Not impossible, but I doubt the commitment and direction.
We'll see come 2015.
I think Willing was hired for his engineering talent. He is tasked with developing a second lab bike to test against the current one. That in itself seems to indicate an open approach to new solutions (and budgets). Crutchlow is as good as anyone to ride the 2014 model - he's capable and hungry. I don't think anyone expects him to throw himself down the track, but currently he has the fire in his belly and that is desirable when you need a fresh attack.

After 5 years, Hayden needs a new challenge. Hopefully, on a Honda.

azkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:24 PM   #3954
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,216
Quote:
Book mark this channel!

http://www.youtube.com/user/The666Sicco?feature=watch

This is WSS even though it says STK

Saying you can't watch is like saying you can't put gas in your car because they closed your usual station.

My DSL is pathetic, too. BeIN streamed great for my last weekend.

I got up early and watched some BSB this Sunday AM on vipbox. Then I crashed out. I will catch those races on youtube, also. BSB is always good. AMA/DMG could learn so much (but they won't).

Each of the above are well worth watching and links were posted in the WSBK thread.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:14 PM   #3955
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigincali View Post
Direct TV shows that MotoGP will be on Fueltv...WTF??
I think Fox owns it too, and Speed tv is gone now.
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:34 AM   #3956
Aussie66
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 771
Fans, development, choices, belief.

First off if you want to understand how passionate Audi is about racing and developing something pure for racing check out “the killer years” a documentary about group B rally cars and how the quarto came about. There was within Audi absolutely no intention to market the Quatro system for consumer cars, it was purely a racing development. That the marketing team jumped onto it at a later date is besides the matter.
http://www.audi.co.uk/audi-innovation/heritage/motorsport.html
Some cool images of old DKW bikes here, why DKW all of a sudden ? Well is was merged with Audi
DKW is a defunct German car and motorcycle marque.
In 1932, DKW merged with Audi, Horch and Wanderer, to form the Auto Union. Auto Union came under Daimler-Benz ownership in 1957, and was then purchased by the Volkswagen Group in 1964.
SO somewhere deep in the fundament of Audi there is motorcycle heritage. BMW having their own motorcycle division will for sure also spur Audi on.
Like great battles between our hero’s the world also likes battles between opposing brands or an outsider taking it to the big boys in competition.
Australia V8 : Holden vs Ford
Nascar : Ford – Chevy etc
GP250cc : Aprillia bringing it to Honda
KTM entering and now dominating the MOTO1
We have all seen the DTM (Deutsche TourwagenMeisterschaft), Audi, Mercedes, BMW to some extent, building uber ridiculous cars just to beat eachother and keep in mind that this was a national championship only and they spent millions and then some.
So is it unimaginable that now with the suns and moons aligning we could be moving toward the best racing the world has to offer? Could it be that the CEO of Audi has a vision?
BMW possibly entering the fray of Moto GP
Suzuki coming back to GP
Aprillia going factory and not CRT?
1) German management IS performance oriented
2) Ducati has knowledge, dedication & design
Can a German/Italian combination become the best ?
Just look at the Zonda and resurrection of Lamborghini.
Have faith.

Now onto the great MotoGP riders.
Getting a bit tired of the “greatest development rider of all times” “Goat” etc etc.
Forget the pipe dream, they will NEVER all ride the same bike in the same race. Is it a true comparison Lorenzo riding a Yamaha without a seamless gearbox and Marquez riding a Honda with a seamless gearbox? A Ducati with special tires made it possible for Stoner to win a championship, but was it only the tires or was it still his immense talent? We can only wish that they all entered the Guidon D’or, or an oval dirt track and even then it will be subjective.
In reality all we can say is that last year Lorenzo won, we can talk for ages about if’s and buts but the fact is he closed the championship and won. Maybe not the fastest or maybe not even the most gifted or maybe not the best bike but he won, the previous year Casey was the best, some might say he was on the best machinery bla bla, that year he won. You can compare 2012 to 2011 to any other year but it is subjective to interpretation just like the bible or the Koran. Every preacher different idea’s.
I prefer fairing bashing and brave moves, other prefer the beauty of metronomical lap times, aaaaaaaaaarwww shit if its got two wheel and an engine I am watching it. Heck I even like lawnmower racing.
We do this kind of thing because there is no Moto GP to watch.
Old 08-12-2013, 03:53 AM   #3957
Pantah
Red Sox Nation

Oddometer: 10,071
Krop writes an interesting op-ed on Cal's move to Ducati. Plus he tells of some interesting restructuring going on within the Ducati MotoGP effort. He expects technical improvements should be coming as a result.

http://motomatters.com/analysis/2013...chlow_s_m.html

Seems Cal did what he should, given where he is in his career. The tough thing is that he is out of sequence with the other factory rider contracts. If Cal does better than expected, he still could be shut out of the Japanese factory teams unless he has a way to quit after 2014.
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:10 AM   #3958
Pantah
Red Sox Nation

Oddometer: 10,071
One of Dean's better recent pieces...

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2013/Aug/130806pl.htm
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:53 AM   #3959
sprocketjock
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 782
Dean just can't hide his hard on for Marc.
sprocketjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:18 AM   #3960
DC2wheels
Castle Anthrax troll

Oddometer: 2,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
Book mark this channel!

Saying you can't watch is like saying you can't put gas in your car because they closed your usual station.

My DSL is pathetic, too. BeIN streamed great for my last weekend.

Thanks for the link.

When I said poor DSL, I mean bad. I cannot view YouTube videos without lots of stoppages. Trying to watch Bein sports WSBK is really frustrating- freezes every 5-15 seconds.
http://k11og.org/forum/index.php world-wide K bike forum

DC2wheels is offline   Reply With Quote