Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2013, 06:16 PM   #4036
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV

Oddometer: 6,683
I watched with no issues, but I wasn't live streaming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor22 View Post
Anyone else having issues with the sound feed on Live Video on the GP site? I get ambient but can't access commentary on the live feed. I tried adjusting the sound mixer sliders but the only sound available is ambient. Commentary is fine on the saved videos.
Smugmug
Mr Head is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 06:19 PM   #4037
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV

This would rock.

Smugmug
Old 08-17-2013, 06:22 PM   #4038
azkiwi
message in a bottle

Oddometer: 9,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by stk0308 View Post
Yeah, it's nothing he hasn't said before. Repeatedly. Every year. When "his" bike/team grids up for an entire year, then I'll be excited.
+1

I recall words to the effect that he was tired of spending his own money but that when he could step into a competitive package with someone else's money, he would be interested.

Obviously he knows the game well enough and his Rolodex still has the important numbers in it, but I still wonder if he's pipe-dreaming. It always ends up sounding like he wants it on a platter.

azkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 06:28 PM   #4039
car94
What's this Box for?

Oddometer: 3,177
Talked to a guy Named Edgar in the Paddock and he said it was a done deal for Hayden to go to LCR. If I could read his Business card(its in German) I would tell you exactly who he was, but he said he was a big deal in Germany, some sort of broadcaster. We asked him what the biggest secret in the paddock was, and that's what he said.
Old 08-17-2013, 07:10 PM   #4040
Kropotkin
Big Girl's Blouse

Oddometer: 7,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by car94 View Post
Talked to a guy Named Edgar in the Paddock and he said it was a done deal for Hayden to go to LCR. If I could read his Business card(its in German) I would tell you exactly who he was, but he said he was a big deal in Germany, some sort of broadcaster. We asked him what the biggest secret in the paddock was, and that's what he said.

This dude? He's a German TV commentator. As I understand it, it's not a done deal yet. American Honda still needs to stump up some cash to get it done.
Kropotkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 07:25 PM   #4041
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kropotkin View Post

This dude? He's a German TV commentator. As I understand it, it's not a done deal yet. American Honda still needs to stump up some cash to get it done.

Go Nicky.
It's not a stretch to imagine the production Honda should be a better ride than what he's had.
RedRocket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:38 PM   #4042
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV

GIven what I read over at MotoMatters Spies owes that team boss a swift kick in the jimmy. Put that fat bastard on that beast and see how many broken bones he creates trying to get out of the pits.

Spies has a butt-load of badluck and just plain crap going on. This is simply wrong. Bad and wrong.
Smugmug
Old 08-17-2013, 10:12 PM   #4043
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Head View Post
GIven what I read over at MotoMatters Spies owes that team boss a swift kick in the jimmy. Put that fat bastard on that beast and see how many broken bones he creates trying to get out of the pits.

Spies has a butt-load of badluck and just plain crap going on. This is simply wrong. Bad and wrong.
If you read his explanation he grabbed too much throttle on a cold tire on his first out-lap.
Nobody to blame but himself.

RedRocket screwed with this post 08-18-2013 at 07:44 AM
RedRocket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:14 PM   #4044
craigincali
Just hanging around

Oddometer: 1,896
An I the only one who would like to see him go back to WSBK ?? He is geting to be another Hopper....he is gonna loose a finger soon too.
craigincali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:50 PM   #4045
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,332
'Spies had either forgotten or had never been told how traction control was switched on'...

These options sound almost equally incredible!
Pecha72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:31 AM   #4046
Moronic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,515
From motomatters.com:

"The system is automatically engaged once the rider changes up into second gear, but the section out of the pits at Indy is tight and twisty, and can be taken in first gear. This is what Spies did, and when he opened the throttle coming out of Turn 4, the bike bit him."

In contrast, I think it's perfectly credible. A bit like coming out of the workshop on newly fitted tyres. I always like to be reminded about the mould release compound, because even though I "know" to be careful, it is easy to get distracted and fall back on body-learned responses.

You can say, "Spies' crew chief should have reminded him to take special care out of the pits," and probably he should have. But there must have been plenty of other stuff to think about that seemed somewhat important, for both the crew and the rider, especially since it was Spies first meeting after his break. It is even possible he was warned on his first exit, but it slipped his mind the next morning.

Small oversight, big consequences. Plenty of it about ...
Old 08-18-2013, 06:17 AM   #4047
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 45,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by stk0308 View Post
Welll, he's actually racing in England in British Superbike. Doing pretty good for a rookie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4WIHbZXGtM
nachtflug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:30 AM   #4048
car94
What's this Box for?

Oddometer: 3,177
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kropotkin View Post

That was him. He seemed like a pretty cool dude offered to get me in the broadcast booth if I wanted. Said when he's in the states he tries to find people that have not been to a race. Says he wants to build support for Moto Gp here.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:53 AM   #4049
Nostop
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
See Bradley's doing rather well for the new boy (if you don't count Chico Maravilla, MM). Knocking on the door to 46 and going by how CC did in his first year, the potential to be very good on a good bike is only a year away, if he doesn't get shafted by Pol next year. Herve is very happy with how Bradders has been progressing so far this year and hopefully he'll get a full beans version (CC spec) soon to take him to the next step.

Can someone (team) please sign Scott Redding to a decent Moto GP bike for next year too, as I think a lot more power will do him justice.
Nostop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:01 AM   #4050
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer: 3,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostop View Post
See Bradley's doing rather well for the new boy (if you don't count Chico Maravilla, MM). Knocking on the door to 46 and going by how CC did in his first year, the potential to be very good on a good bike is only a year away, if he doesn't get shafted by Pol next year. Herve is very happy with how Bradders has been progressing so far this year and hopefully he'll get a full beans version (CC spec) soon to take him to the next step.

Can someone (team) please sign Scott Redding to a decent Moto GP bike for next year too, as I think a lot more power will do him justice.
It's funny, but I can always tell the Brit posters before I ever look over at the user name and location. I wonder why that is?

No offense, but while Brad is riding 'well', I don't think he is riding 'good' or 'very well'. And to assume he'll take a big step next year is a big (nationalistic?) assumption.

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
brents347 is offline   Reply With Quote