Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2013, 09:49 AM   #4051
Twinz
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 540
Does anyone else get mad at Ralph Shaheen for mispronouncing Pol Espargaro's name? He continually calls him Es pa garo...drives me nuts!
'94 R1100RS, '84 R100CS, '76 R75/6 (S fairing)
'80 Guzzi V50 II, '73 Guzzi V7 Sport
Twinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:03 AM   #4052
bobzilla
Dirty Old Man

Oddometer: 875
Ralph is a joke. He must have pictures of someone blowing a goat to still have a job in front of the camera.
01 DR Frankenbike 650
76 CB750
bobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:45 AM   #4053
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigincali View Post
An I the only one who would like to see him go back to WSBK ?? He is geting to be another Hopper....he is gonna loose a finger soon too.
WSBK is non-paying nowheresville. So, no. And Spies actually has a long list of impressive accomplishments under his belt vs. Hopper. He is a million miles away from being Hopper. Spies hasn't missed a race due to hangover or for beating up his wife/girlfriend, either.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:57 AM   #4054
Nostop
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by brents347 View Post
It's funny, but I can always tell the Brit posters before I ever look over at the user name and location. I wonder why that is?

No offense, but while Brad is riding 'well', I don't think he is riding 'good' or 'very well'. And to assume he'll take a big step next year is a big (nationalistic?) assumption.
Stefan has step up since getting new parts on his bike, and so to has Alvaro, Cal has got faster with experience and new parts. Marky Mark has the best bike and is the best rider IMHO, but Brad has continually progressed in performance and results and is now only about 1.2 secs off the fastest, halfway through his first season. I maybe rooting for the Brits, because I'm British, but my money's on MM.
Bradley has had nothing but a bashing from a lot of fans since he was signed to Tech 3, but he has kept his head down, listened to his team and other riders and is doing a great job. He has never had a good bike, but has now, give the guy a chance. Why would I not doubt he will take a big step forward in his second year and being nationalistic, why not, are you proud to be an American?
Nostop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:01 PM   #4055
SGrider
376 miles to Chicago

Oddometer: 916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinz View Post
Does anyone else get mad at Ralph Shaheen for mispronouncing Pol Espargaro's name? He continually calls him Es pa garo...drives me nuts!
I don't get mad, it's kinda funny. Varsha seemed to have a little trouble with some of the riders names too.

It's funny when Shaheen says Lorentho and two seconds later Russell says Lorenzo.
SGrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:06 PM   #4056
SGrider
376 miles to Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostop View Post
Stefan has step up since getting new parts on his bike, and so to has Alvaro, Cal has got faster with experience and new parts. Marky Mark has the best bike and is the best rider IMHO, but Brad has continually progressed in performance and results and is now only about 1.2 secs off the fastest, halfway through his first season. I maybe rooting for the Brits, because I'm British, but my money's on MM.
Bradley has had nothing but a bashing from a lot of fans since he was signed to Tech 3, but he has kept his head down, listened to his team and other riders and is doing a great job. He has never had a good bike, but has now, give the guy a chance. Why would I not doubt he will take a big step forward in his second year and being nationalistic, why not, are you proud to be an American?

I think some of it comes from when Smith try to allude to Marquez and team were cheating when they all raced Moto 2, obviously this year has proved that Marquez is just worlds faster than Smith and wasn't cheating. At the time even I wondered if Marquez was getting some special parts or something was going on, turns out he's just naturally fast and adapts quickly to the situation he's in.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:10 PM   #4057
mdubya
Right Brigade

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrider View Post
I don't get mad, it's kinda funny. Varsha seemed to have a little trouble with some of the riders names too.

It's funny when Shaheen says Lorentho and two seconds later Russell says Lorenzo.
Nick Harris, Moto GP's main commentator, can't pronounce any of the rider's names, either. Nor can he usually differentiate one teammate from the other, or recognize where they are on the track.

Nick: was that turn 15?

Gavin: turn 2.

Listen to Nick trying to pronounce

Yuki Takahasi

Ratthapark Wilairot

Xavier Simeon
Old 08-18-2013, 01:13 PM   #4058
mdubya
Right Brigade

Quote:
I think some of it comes from when Smith try to allude to Marquez and team were cheating when they all raced Moto 2, obviously this year has proved that Marquez is just worlds faster than Smith and wasn't cheating. At the time even I wondered if Marquez was getting some special parts or something was going on, turns out he's just naturally fast and adapts quickly to the situation he's in.
There is no doubting Marquez's talent and ability. But Smith isn't on equipment or a team anywhere near the level that Marquez is on. Smith's equipment wasn't close last season either.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:25 PM   #4059
SGrider
376 miles to Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
There is no doubting Marquez's talent and ability. But Smith isn't on equipment or a team anywhere near the level that Marquez is on. Smith's equipment wasn't close last season either.
But the fact is Marquez is beating his teammate, Smith isn't.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:57 PM   #4060
mdubya
Right Brigade

Quote:
But the fact is Marquez is beating his teammate, Smith isn't.
Smith doesn't have the equipment his teammate has either. And he is no Marquez. Nobody is.
Old 08-18-2013, 03:19 PM   #4061
car94
What's this Box for?

Oddometer: 3,183
Cool2

Quote:
Smith doesn't have the equipment his teammate has either. And he is no Marquez. Nobody is.
His little brother put on a good show in Moto 3 today! Alex might get the next rule change! The MotoGP folks would love to see one on a Honda and one on a Yamaha!
Old 08-18-2013, 04:17 PM   #4062
mdubya
Right Brigade

Quote:
Originally Posted by car94 View Post
His little brother put on a good show in Moto 3 today! Alex might get the next rule change! The MotoGP folks would love to see one on a Honda and one on a Yamaha!
I was thinking that Yamaha should sign him to a contract NOW as he comes up through Moto 3 and Moto 2. I would expect him to have full Repsol backing soon, if he doesn't already have it.

He looks older than Marc, already.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:04 PM   #4063
Kropotkin
Big Girl's Blouse

Oddometer: 7,138
Quote:
I was thinking that Yamaha should sign him to a contract NOW as he comes up through Moto 3 and Moto 2. I would expect him to have full Repsol backing soon, if he doesn't already have it.
Both Rins and Marquez have full Repsol backing. Of the Marquez brothers, Alex is said to be the talented one. Rins is the guy who keeps beating Alex Marquez. If I were Lin Jarvis, I would have Rins' signature on a contract for MotoGP in the future.
Kropotkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:51 PM   #4064
mdubya
Right Brigade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kropotkin View Post
Both Rins and Marquez have full Repsol backing. Of the Marquez brothers, Alex is said to be the talented one. Rins is the guy who keeps beating Alex Marquez. If I were Lin Jarvis, I would have Rins' signature on a contract for MotoGP in the future.
And there you have it!

Does Repsol employ Julia Marquez, too? You would think they would.

Rins has been very impressive this year.
Old 08-18-2013, 08:11 PM   #4065
anonny
What could go wrong?

Oddometer: 5,463
Anyone have a link to today's moto gp Indianapolis race, I couldn't view it live and would like to see it.

71- 450 Honda CL re & re

Just another pathetic sheep following the herd

anonny is online now   Reply With Quote