Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2013, 11:27 AM   #4081
sailor22
Jay Pegg pusher

Oddometer: 370
[QUOTE=Zeekster;22133439]Well another race in the can and...another round of bashing the azzhats on race coverage...ad nauseum! if ya can spend all that money on beers ya can order-up a years worth of MGP coverage with their online sub...the best coverage of...oh! RACING no commercials no bullshit...just racing...the cost of a front tire is all... thanks fer lettin me rant...[/QUOTE

This wise man speaks the truth.
sailor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:28 AM   #4082
car94
What's this Box for?

Oddometer: 3,156
Talking I buy you a race take off from my GSXR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeekster View Post
Well another race in the can and...another round of bashing the azzhats on race coverage...ad nauseum! if ya can spend all that money on beers ya can order-up a years worth of MGP coverage with their online sub...the best coverage of...oh! RACING no commercials no bullshit...just racing...the cost of a front tire is all... thanks fer lettin me rant...
Give us your Username and Password, how are they gonna know you don't have 118,000 Computers!??
Old 08-19-2013, 11:33 AM   #4083
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer: 3,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostop View Post
Stefan has step up since getting new parts on his bike, and so to has Alvaro, Cal has got faster with experience and new parts. Marky Mark has the best bike and is the best rider IMHO, but Brad has continually progressed in performance and results and is now only about 1.2 secs off the fastest, halfway through his first season. I maybe rooting for the Brits, because I'm British, but my money's on MM.
Bradley has had nothing but a bashing from a lot of fans since he was signed to Tech 3, but he has kept his head down, listened to his team and other riders and is doing a great job. He has never had a good bike, but has now, give the guy a chance. Why would I not doubt he will take a big step forward in his second year and being nationalistic, why not, are you proud to be an American?
I AM proud to be an American, and very proud of my riders Hayden and Spies (tough though it may be!). There is nothing wrong with being nationalistic, nor with pulling for an underdog, I was just teasing. In all honesty though, I just don't think Smith has it on a MotoGP bike to ever be higher than an occasional 5th place. If that. Yesterday he was getting beat by both Ducatis until Hayden put his (awesome!) move on Dovi. That can't feel good for Brad or Tech 3.

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
brents347 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:03 PM   #4084
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,775
Quote:
Well another race in the can and...another round of bashing the azzhats on race coverage...ad nauseum! if ya can spend all that money on beers ya can order-up a years worth of MGP coverage with their online sub...the best coverage of...oh! RACING no commercials no bullshit...just racing...the cost of a front tire is all... thanks fer lettin me rant...

No problem with ranting...none at all.

But look it this way: You fill your car up with gas, and all of a sudden you are only getting 2 MPG. You go back to the gas station, and they say, " yeah, things have changed. If you want to get your old fuel economy, you need to buy this extra additive, for $x, and you will have good fuel economy again"

Would you wanna have to get(buy) something else, to get what you have been paying for in the past??

Speed was bad enough with how they did things...now it just got worse with FS1. Hard to believe I want things back to the way it was with Speed.
DougZ73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:09 PM   #4085
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,083
Quote:
Or at least if people are going to complain do it here -> http://msn.foxsports.com/feedback
swimmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:14 PM   #4086
Nostop
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by brents347 View Post
I AM proud to be an American, and very proud of my riders Hayden and Spies (tough though it may be!). There is nothing wrong with being nationalistic, nor with pulling for an underdog, I was just teasing. In all honesty though, I just don't think Smith has it on a MotoGP bike to ever be higher than an occasional 5th place. If that. Yesterday he was getting beat by both Ducatis until Hayden put his (awesome!) move on Dovi. That can't feel good for Brad or Tech 3.
Comparing Bradley's results in his first year in Motogp, to Cal's first year, Bradley has out performed Cal 8 - 2, in either race result, qualifying or both. Cal has gone on to be one of the best riders in Motogp (he's not yet an Alien, until he starts winning) and will hopefully win races soon. Brad is definitely no Marky Mark, but Cal wasn't comparable to Casey either. Bradley may or may not progress any further, but that's for us to find out in the future. Even if he never wins, or get on the podium, he's still a bloody good rider and very fast (there can only be one winner, the rest are there to fill the grid).
Nostop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:15 PM   #4087
Thumpermeister
roost maker

Oddometer: 2,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
Or at least if people are going to complain do it here -> http://msn.foxsports.com/feedback
I have to admit I've seen worse bike coverage over the years.
Remember early Speedvision coverage talking about how it was like NASCAR and not like NASCAR (and did we mention NASCAR?) or even Bobby Unser as "expert commentator" on ABC many years back about this two-wheeled "ballet on wheels"! Yesterday could have been worse, but what the hell was Mamola looking at half of the time? Certainly not the camera! Was there a wet T-shirt contest across the parking lot from their booth?
Thumpermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:02 PM   #4088
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinz View Post
Even Harris is better at it than Shaheen!
No doubt. I like Harris. And I cringe at the sound of Ralph's stupid voice. He must have a scripted agenda to say all of the stupid, inane things he says. Fortunately, I only have to put up with him during SX season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brents347 View Post
Bradley called the Ducatis a blessing and said they keep giving him gifts.

I think he is coming along quite admirably, all things considered. Pol will do well do beat him regularly next year. And I am pretty sure Pol will be on near Rossi/Lorenzo spec equipment while Brad will be on something more ordinary.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:14 PM   #4089
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer: 3,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostop View Post
Comparing Bradley's results in his first year in Motogp, to Cal's first year, Bradley has out performed Cal 8 - 2, in either race result, qualifying or both. Cal has gone on to be one of the best riders in Motogp (he's not yet an Alien, until he starts winning) and will hopefully win races soon. Brad is definitely no Marky Mark, but Cal wasn't comparable to Casey either. Bradley may or may not progress any further, but that's for us to find out in the future. Even if he never wins, or get on the podium, he's still a bloody good rider and very fast (there can only be one winner, the rest are there to fill the grid).
I wish Brad and Pol all the best on whatever spec bike they get. As I do all the riders really. I would like to see Aleix continue to over-achieve as well. I just don't 'feel it' with Smith. but hey, I could be wrong! It's been known to happen!

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
brents347 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:50 PM   #4090
dontlr
Mysterious Chatter

Oddometer: 2,678
You deleted your post misanthropic

Do you think that USA is the only one who complains about a commentator

Get rid of Charlie Cox

There are a bunch of threads about him if you type in his name..
dontlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:55 PM   #4091
misanthropic
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlr View Post
You deleted your post misanthropic

Do you think that USA is the only one who complains about a commentator

Get rid of Charlie Cox

There are a bunch of threads about him if you type in his name..
I was typing on my Ipad trying to fix a line and couldn't get it right so I nuked it. As a middle ager I was trying to remind folks about the stone age when you had to wait six months for motorcycle racing to show up on Wide World of Sports.
misanthropic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:22 AM   #4092
DC2wheels
Castle Anthrax troll

Oddometer: 2,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
I emailed Speed on 3 different occasions to complain about the friggin' crap coverage.

They never responded (not that I expected it).

But they did fix the problem- they sold to Fox

F 'em. I have had a MotoGP subscription for 2 years now. So I don't have to watch a channel that is 95% fighting. But just maybe they could show a boxing match between #69 and #04.
http://k11og.org/forum/index.php world-wide K bike forum

DC2wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:40 AM   #4093
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,104
While he still in one piece, sort of, Karel's Papa will keep throwing money at him.
http://www.twowheelsblog.com/post/41617/karel-abraham-to-switch-to-hondas-production-racer-in-2014"]Abraham gets production Honda[/URL]
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:44 AM   #4094
sailor22
Jay Pegg pusher

Oddometer: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
While he still in one piece, sort of, Karel's Papa will keep throwing money at him.
http://www.twowheelsblog.com/post/41617/karel-abraham-to-switch-to-hondas-production-racer-in-2014"]Abraham gets production Honda[/URL]
Perhaps someone should introduce him to KRSr.
sailor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:45 AM   #4095
Dunewar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
He surprised me somewhat last year I must say. I was expecting a series of last places and DNF's, but he wasn't doing so bad. This year is a disaster though...
Dunewar is offline   Reply With Quote