Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2013, 03:46 AM   #4231
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 6,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
I know Forward racing is using the Yamaha frame/engine/swingarm but is that the case with all Yamaha production bikes such as the one for Nakagami or is Yamaha offering a complete bike like Honda?

The Honda option for Gresisni and LCR seem to be complete bikes, is that only way Honda is offering their package?
Yamaha is being pretty coy about the "complete bike" aspect. Every time Forward say they will be complete bikes, Yamaha issues a technical denial.

The Honda is a complete bike. But it is a lower spec than the full blown RC213V. It will have standard valve springs for one.

Ducati has proposed offering complete bike to be used with Spec electronics. No one wants a Ducati, though.

2002 KTM 520 EXC for sale
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=926379
mdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:13 AM   #4232
Skowinski
Chordate

Oddometer: 4,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
Yamaha is being pretty coy about the "complete bike" aspect. Every time Forward say they will be complete bikes, Yamaha issues a technical denial.

The Honda is a complete bike. But it is a lower spec than the full blown RC213V. It will have standard valve springs for one.

Ducati has proposed offering complete bike to be used with Spec electronics. No one wants a Ducati, though.
Hopefully all these changes will bring some better racing. Introduction of the CRT's didn't seem to do that.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:32 AM   #4233
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 3,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skowinski View Post
Hopefully all these changes will bring some better racing. Introduction of the CRT's didn't seem to do that.
Jarvis said that the production bikes could potentially be faster than the proto bikes at some tracks due to the increased fuel allocation. Not sure how much stock to put into that comment though.

I am assuming that the production bikes will not have the alternative tire like the CRT bikes now have?

I think the best hopes for better racing are to have Ducati get faster and to have at least two more factories making prototype bikes. That being said I think the racing this year has been a big improvement over last year but that has nothing to do with the CRT bikes.
swimmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:04 AM   #4234
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 6,909
Now that the claiming rule is gone, it really opens the door for some engine development for the non-MSMA teams.

It will allow Aprilia to develop their engine with out fear of repercussions. BMW, too, if they want to.

How much would it take for BMW to build a big bang motor with pneumatic valves? Maybe easier said than done, but it could be interesting.

I wonder if the "Factory" teams have the option to go with the spec electronics and drop their 5 engine, 20 liter limitations?

I am sure that is covered somewhere, but I can't be bothered to read all of those rules.

2002 KTM 520 EXC for sale
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=926379
mdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:16 AM   #4235
obnoxious2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Quote:
Now that the claiming rule is gone, it really opens the door for some engine development for the non-MSMA teams.

It will allow Aprilia to develop their engine with out fear of repercussions. BMW, too, if they want to.

How much would it take for BMW to build a big bang motor with pneumatic valves? Maybe easier said than done, but it could be interesting.

I wonder if the "Factory" teams have the option to go with the spec electronics and drop their 5 engine, 20 liter limitations?

I am sure that is covered somewhere, but I can't be bothered to read all of those rules.
Maybe BMW would be the first team with a 3 cylinder turbo.
obnoxious2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:28 AM   #4236
dontlr
Mysterious Chatter

Oddometer: 2,596
Picture request:
Does anyone have a link to the picture of Dani Pedrosa with all the surgeries labeled off to the side, I've been searching high and wide but can't find it. I know it was posted lhere ast year but that's a lot of searching..
Thanks!!
dontlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:20 AM   #4237
Mike Yanagita
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 185
Only thing I remember was in Spanish: http://estaticos02.marca.com/imagene..._foton_7_1.jpg

Can't argue with much of anything Doohan says in this one: Marquez will soon be unstoppable. 26 points clear of Pedrosa isn't a lot with 7 rounds to go, but an MM WC is looking like a safe bet.
Mike Yanagita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:21 PM   #4238
dontlr
Mysterious Chatter

Oddometer: 2,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Yanagita View Post
Only thing I remember was in Spanish: http://estaticos02.marca.com/imagene..._foton_7_1.jpg

Thanks, that's the picture, I tried a google image search based off that and can only get smanish verwsions, maybe thats all there was..
dontlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:43 PM   #4239
Lurky-Loo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 445
Pedrosa's wikipedia page has it in list form.
Lurky-Loo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:46 PM   #4240
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV

Oddometer: 5,883
I was thinking it might be the smart company that set up the right team with a Production bike with spec ECU, cause that is the configuration in the wings.
That would be a leg up on development, with the "right" team. The wrong team would just create a pile of gravel and bent parts.

Quote:

Old 08-29-2013, 03:25 AM   #4241
Pilbara
In the flow...

Oddometer: 1,567
I understand there was an FFE racing in Moto2 in the last round. Did any one see or have any intel or photos of this?
Cheers
Pilbara
Pilbara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:19 AM   #4242
azkiwi
message in a bottle

Oddometer: 8,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Head View Post
I was thinking it might be the smart company that set up the right team with a Production bike with spec ECU, cause that is the configuration in the wings.
A smart company of software writers maybe. Team Oracle?

azkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:55 AM   #4243
wiseblood
Hall Monitor

Oddometer: 11,115
E-start

Maybe dumb question.... But why don't MotoGP bikes have an e-start?

I understand the desire for weight reduction, but for about 1 lb (0.45 kg) they would be able to easily restart if they crashed or stalled on the grid. Seems like cheap insurance to me!

Big Apple Tag-o-Rama Maps: Click Here!
wiseblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:13 AM   #4244
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV

Oddometer: 5,883
Meh, they'er off playing in the water with plastic boats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azkiwi View Post
A smart company of software writers maybe. Team Oracle?
Old 08-29-2013, 06:35 AM   #4245
ErikY.
Insulhater

Oddometer: 1,848
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseblood View Post
Maybe dumb question.... But why don't MotoGP bikes have an e-start?

I understand the desire for weight reduction, but for about 1 lb (0.45 kg) they would be able to easily restart if they crashed or stalled on the grid. Seems like cheap insurance to me!
I remember when Stoner couldn't restart a few years back we we talking abouth this. 1 lb costs time, so I think there would have to be a mandated starter for all.
ErikY. is offline   Reply With Quote