Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2013, 06:08 PM   #4291
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by auguzt View Post
He definetely deserve a good package, I think he still has some mojo left to show us and to a good number of "newcomers" as well.

Anyhow there are more paddock interesting interviews: Paolo Campinoti (team manager of the Ducati Pramac/Ignite "junior" team) denied rumours about his interest on racing Honda production racer for next year and confirmed his structure would like to stick with Ducati in 2014, hopefully with two bikes, one for sure with Iannone and the other one... TBC. He confirmed that Spies has a deal with Ducati and not directly with his team (Iannone has this kind of agreement also) but the way he was talking about the future really let understand that they would probably not have Ben racing for them next year.
That is very interesting stuff. Thanks for sharing.
Old 09-01-2013, 06:17 AM   #4292
b0mb3r
Old Git

Oddometer: 1,777
wow that little shit is soooo fast .... can anyone stop him now??

White pig

b0mb3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:30 PM   #4293
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer: 3,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0mb3r View Post
wow that little shit is soooo fast .... can anyone stop him now??
Which little shit are we talking about? Lorenzo stopped him today didn't he?

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
brents347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:47 PM   #4294
RhinoVonHawkrider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,284
Man what a Race. Hip hip Jorge

Sent from the basement. Hey Ma more meatloaf.
Until the colour of a man's skin - Is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes -Me say war RNM
RhinoVonHawkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:10 PM   #4295
azkiwi
message in a bottle

Oddometer: 9,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by brents347 View Post
Which little shit are we talking about? Lorenzo stopped him today didn't he?
and a couple of more lessons in mortality will scrub a couple of tenths off him too.

Never really been a big Lorenzo fan, but his ability to run strings of inch-perfect laps with metronomic precision is incredible. Pedrosa is in that camp also, but he is just a hearth dog up against a pit-bull Lorenzo.

azkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:24 PM   #4296
tinhead
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 205
Is it just me or did Pedrosa look like he had got into the sangria before his postrace interview?
tinhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:27 AM   #4297
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by azkiwi View Post
and a couple of more lessons in mortality will scrub a couple of tenths off him too.
This year Marquez already has, among several other crashes, the fastest get-off in grand prix racing history under his belt (Mugello Friday), and that didn´t seem to slow him down that much at all – once again on Suday he was on his way to 2nd place in the race, when he binned it.

A serious injury might turn things around, and yes, you could argue, that he´s been lucky to avoid those (his young age might help there, he sort of bounces better than his older rivals). But crashing, even if it results in minor injuries, does not seem to affect him noticeably, he can still remain fully focussed for victory. He was this way in Moto2 and 125 as well.
Pecha72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:58 AM   #4298
auguzt
4ever n00b

Oddometer: 361
I think Honda would suite Crutchlow riding style better.
For the same reason I think that Marquez on a Yamaha would not be that fast.

Finally, I really think that Pedrosa would have never left the 250cc category. He could have won championships year after year. He's incredibly fast, he has showed his ability to overtake in a "surgical" way, but he really cannot "wrestle" the MotoGP bike through some of those incredible manouvres that we have seen from Rossi, Lorenzo, Stoner and Marquez as well. I wonder how he would be on a Yamaha, though...
Old 09-02-2013, 03:20 AM   #4299
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,338
Quote:
I think that Marquez on a Yamaha would not be that fast.
That´s just speculation. For all I know he could be faster on an M1, even though I doubt this, (because of the bike, not because of him). The reality right now is that MM has now surpassed almost everybody´s expectations on a Honda. Probably his own expectations as well.

Remember, just last year people were accusing him of cheating in Moto2. Of course he had to cheat in some way, there is just no way anyone could possibly have been so superior compared to everyone else... right?

Pecha72 screwed with this post 09-02-2013 at 03:28 AM
Pecha72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:09 AM   #4300
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,816
Somehow my DVR decided not to record the race. Where can I stream it from after the fact? Or catch a rebroadcast??
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:41 AM   #4301
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ73 View Post
Somehow my DVR decided not to record the race. Where can I stream it from after the fact? Or catch a rebroadcast??
Fox Sports 2 Wednesday, Sept 4 starting with Moto3 at 7PM Central time, followed by Moto2 then MotoGP at 9PM.

Shawnee Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:15 AM   #4302
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee Bill View Post
Fox Sports 2 Wednesday, Sept 4 starting with Moto3 at 7PM Central time, followed by Moto2 then MotoGP at 9PM.

Thanks. Much appreciated.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk 2
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:35 AM   #4303
RaY YreKa
I Am the Mayor

Oddometer: 16,131
Quote:
I think Honda would suite Crutchlow riding style better.
For the same reason I think that Marquez on a Yamaha would not be that fast.

Finally, I really think that Pedrosa would have never left the 250cc category. He could have won championships year after year. He's incredibly fast, he has showed his ability to overtake in a "surgical" way, but he really cannot "wrestle" the MotoGP bike through some of those incredible manouvres that we have seen from Rossi, Lorenzo, Stoner and Marquez as well. I wonder how he would be on a Yamaha, though...
68kg on a 240bhp bike.

Mebbe sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, especially if the rider is hurt.

I was at the GP yesterday and there was pretty much silence for Pedrosa, from the stands. For such a long-serving rider his lack of fans was spooky.
IBA #40578

shine on, you crazy emo diamond
RaY YreKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:43 AM   #4304
Skowinski
Chordate

Oddometer: 4,834
Quote:
He definetely deserve a good package, I think he still has some mojo left to show us and to a good number of "newcomers" as well.

Anyhow there are more paddock interesting interviews: Paolo Campinoti (team manager of the Ducati Pramac/Ignite "junior" team) denied rumours about his interest on racing Honda production racer for next year and confirmed his structure would like to stick with Ducati in 2014, hopefully with two bikes, one for sure with Iannone and the other one... TBC. He confirmed that Spies has a deal with Ducati and not directly with his team (Iannone has this kind of agreement also) but the way he was talking about the future really let understand that they would probably not have Ben racing for them next year.
Well, they haven't had Spies racing for them this year either, so no change there...

"Nature never hurries, yet everything is accomplished."
- Lao Tsu

In memory of Nika: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=990697
Skowinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:10 PM   #4305
Chickenstrip
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 438
I'm no expert on MotoGp that's for sure, but I do kinda keep up with it enough to see that riding a Ducati doesn't do much for one's career. Seems too bad that Spies is taking that route, though his career didn't ascend the way many thought it would in his first season. It's his best option? (Must be if he's taking it.)
Chickenstrip is offline   Reply With Quote