Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2013, 07:27 AM   #4471
ErikY.
Here, Now.

Oddometer: 2,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
Looking at the test times it doesn't look like Dovi was any faster on the new metal.
And we aren't surprised

Still, I can see where Hayden would feel shat upon.
ErikY. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:37 AM   #4472
DC2wheels
Castle Anthrax troll

Oddometer: 2,417
With Ducati dumping NH (and perhaps Spies?) I have suddenly lost the urge to buy a new Duc.

Might have to check out Aprilias.
http://k11og.org/forum/index.php world-wide K bike forum

DC2wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:53 AM   #4473
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV

Oddometer: 7,099
I test rode a Duc on Saturday. Lucky for me it was a very poor example. Spewed oil on my leg and boot, down the swing arm.
Salesman of course had previously explained how each consignment bike was carefully examined and prepared by the service department. Investigating the oil I found a black goo mess down the left side of the motor that looked lots more like an old piece of construction equipment than an Italian hotrod demanding top prices.
I walked away with the certain knowledge that my old body doesn't like being folded up into a sportbike, no matter how much my heart wanted it to work.
The signed Nicky Hayden photo on the wall was sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2wheels View Post
With Ducati dumping NH (and perhaps Spies?) I have suddenly lost the urge to buy a new Duc.

Might have to check out Aprilias.
My Life With The 990R
Smugmug
Mr Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:11 AM   #4474
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
Looking at the test times it doesn't look like Dovi was any faster on the new metal.
Dovi has been on the updated frame and motor for the last several races.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:49 AM   #4475
gonnagetthere
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
Ducati made their decision to replace Hayden with Crutchlow, and Dovi is under contract for another year. Business decision, plain and simple.

Hayden and Dovi have turned in pretty much equal performances all year. Dovi is given "newer" hardware. From a PR perspective, it simply wouldn't look good if Hayden outperformed Dovi to any appreciable degree. From an engineering perspective, having them on different hardware allows Ducati to guage degree of hardware improvement. From an economics perspective, it also saves Ducati a few bucks.

If in fact the rumours are true and Hayden has declined to ride Superbike for Ducati, then why would Ducati continue to invest in Hayden??

Don't get me wrong...I'm a huge Hayden fan. I also recognize that outside the politics, loyalty and dedication has a limited value in the real world of MotoGP racing. If in fact Hayden is leaving Ducati, it's simply time to part amiably, and move on.
gonnagetthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:11 AM   #4476
mdubya
Right Brigade

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonnagetthere View Post

If in fact the rumours are true and Hayden has declined to ride Superbike for Ducati, then why would Ducati continue to invest in Hayden??

One would hope/wish that they are still trying to get the best results while he is employed by Ducati. He should be under contract until the conclusion of the final round. They are the ones who fired him, BTW.

One would also think there would be a performance clause in the contract, for both sides to give their best to the other for the entirety of the contract.

I am under no delusions/illusions that this is anything less than a company decision in their own best interest.

If anything, it only demonstrates what many already believe to be true; Hayden has signed elsewhere.

Here is hoping that Nick has the equipment to embarrass them at every round in 2014.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:13 AM   #4477
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonnagetthere View Post
Ducati made their decision to replace Hayden with Crutchlow, and Dovi is under contract for another year. Business decision, plain and simple.

Hayden and Dovi have turned in pretty much equal performances all year. Dovi is given "newer" hardware. From a PR perspective, it simply wouldn't look good if Hayden outperformed Dovi to any appreciable degree. From an engineering perspective, having them on different hardware allows Ducati to guage degree of hardware improvement. From an economics perspective, it also saves Ducati a few bucks.

Don't get me wrong...I'm a huge Hayden fan. I also recognize that outside the politics, loyalty and dedication has a limited value in the real world of MotoGP racing. If in fact Hayden is leaving Ducati, it's simply time to part amiably, and move on.
Totally agree.
swimmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:13 AM   #4478
swimmer
armchair asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post

Here is hoping that Nick has the equipment to embarrass them at every round in 2014.
Totally agree.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:22 AM   #4479
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
Totally agree.
Me too.
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:02 AM   #4480
mdubya
Right Brigade

Yonny Hernandez says the D16 is the best bike he has ever ridden, better than the ART, says the electronics are great, the only problem being, he is 2 seconds off the pace.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:20 AM   #4481
DC2wheels
Castle Anthrax troll

Oddometer: 2,417
The apparent lure of the red and white bike.

Sucks them in then spits 'em out......2-3 seconds off the pace.
http://k11og.org/forum/index.php world-wide K bike forum

DC2wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:39 AM   #4482
gonnagetthere
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
Totally agree with your various points in principle mdubya. Ducati did fire Nicky by not renewing his contact with them. It was their decision, and their right to do so. Nothing personal, purely business decision on their part. Whether it was a good business decision on the part of Ducati or not, is subject to debate.

In terms of contract details, we don't know precisely what they are. Perhaps, under the current circumstances, (Nicky leaving, only a handfull of races left) Ducati has the right to withhold the latest developments from Nicky.

No doubt both Ducati and Nicky want the "best possible results." Once again, from a totally business perspective, Ducati can achieve that by reducing costs, providing Dovi with newer hardware, and monitoring the lap times and race results of both riders. IF the newer hardware is a step in the right direction, Dovi and Nicky shouldn't continue to battle for 8th and 10th position, or if they do, the gap between them should grow.

Nicky has established himself as a total professional who can be trusted to give their very best at every opportunity. No doubt Nicky is disappointed by this latest Ducati decision. I'll suggest the "never give up, never say die" philosophy that's at his very core, will remain true with him, even through his last days at Ducati.

Nicky is no longer part of Ducati's MotoGP future. For that very reason, this recent decision was in definitely in Ducati's best interest.

Here's hoping that Nicky will be happy with his racing future; regardless of what Ducati does or does not accomplish in theirs.
gonnagetthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:55 AM   #4483
Parx400
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,594
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
Yonny Hernandez says the D16 is the best bike he has ever ridden, better than the ART, says the electronics are great, the only problem being, he is 2 seconds off the pace.
Yonny either sucks or does not have the same ART That Espargo is on.
Parx400 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:01 PM   #4484
swimmer
armchair asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2wheels View Post

Sucks them in then spits 'em out......2-3 seconds off the pace.
TSFS
Old 09-16-2013, 02:58 PM   #4485
Crisis management
Latte riders FTW!

Oddometer: 1,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Head View Post
I walked away with the certain knowledge that my old body doesn't like being folded up into a sportbike, no matter how much my heart wanted it to work.
Buy an air cooled 2 valve monster or 900 ss, get the FE if you can, a seating position you can live with, an easy 100 HP with a little work and beautifull to live with (tested with a knackered 57 year old body and guatanteed to bring a smile to your face!).

Nicky needs to get his arse onto an Ape and enjoy the twilight of his MotoGP career, look how much Vale is now enjoying life, become a senior member of the circus and support the upcoming riders.