Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2013, 02:08 PM   #4576
azkiwi
message in a bottle

Oddometer: 9,114
That's a canny way for Marquez to dump the pressure on Dani and come out clean himself.

azkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:56 PM   #4577
mike54
You don't get me

Oddometer: 13,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by azkiwi View Post
That's a canny way for Marquez to dump the pressure on Dani and come out clean himself.
I would just say he understands the politics of his situation better than a lot of folks twice his age.

Do stand up guys lie?
mike54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:36 PM   #4578
jktpa
X-Troller

Oddometer: 770
Reminds me of Lorenzo in 10 saying at the start of the year he would fight for second because Rossi was the winner before the year began. The difference is MM is a rookie not a second year rider.
M696
ET4
jktpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:15 PM   #4579
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,162
An interesting q & a via Alex Briggs, Rossi crew:

Quote:
RT @rossifanmark: Alex does the rider always use a certain bike as his race bike? Is it numbered on the fork yolk? //

Yes the bikes are numbered 1 and 2, No the rider has no favorite. The Race bike is chosen more on engine mileage than any other factor. Your(sic) welcome!
Old 09-25-2013, 06:49 PM   #4580
yety61
Global Vagabond

Oddometer: 1,146
MM rookie world champ?

Ok, so I've been sitting here thinking a little bit (daydreaming more likely ) and I've come up with this.

MM is 34pts in front of both JLo and DP, so based on the current point scoring system, for either of them to win the championship they have to win every race from here on with MM finishing second. A highly unlikely scenario I'd say.

So, is anyone silly/brave enough, besides me to say MM is going to be the first rookie world champion since KRsnr, barring another crash or a mechanical failure.

yety61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:23 PM   #4581
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,162
I think this season has proven that anything can and will happen. It is amazing that all three are still racing for the win at this point.

Do I think Marquez will be champion? Yes. Do I feel it is a done deal? Hell no.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:30 PM   #4582
Dagofast
Full giggety ahead.

Oddometer: 1,623
Nah, he ain't messing with Dani's head at all...
Dagofast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:27 PM   #4583
wbedient
MoTard

Oddometer: 1,183
Every time I watch MM ride a bike, do a interview, congratulate other racers after battle or even dance to a crappy cover band I think, "man, its hard not to like this guy!"

I'm glad to have him in motogp. You can tell he really is having a good time out there and it makes everything from races to interviews more fun to watch.

2008 KTM 690 Enduro
My Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wbedient#g/u
wbedient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:01 AM   #4584
DC2wheels
Castle Anthrax troll

Oddometer: 2,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by yety61 View Post
Ok, so I've been sitting here thinking a little bit (daydreaming more likely ) and I've come up with this.

MM is 34pts in front of both JLo and DP, so based on the current point scoring system, for either of them to win the championship they have to win every race from here on with MM finishing second. A highly unlikely scenario I'd say.

So, is anyone silly/brave enough, besides me to say MM is going to be the first rookie world champion since KRsnr, barring another crash or a mechanical failure.

Actually even if JLo wins every one of the 5 remaining races (or if DP wins them all)- both of which are unlikely scenarios.....and MM comes in 2nd in the remaining 5, Marquez will win it all by 9 points.

With the current point system 1st over 2nd only picks up 5 additional points.

Of course a win or two by MM would start to put the championship beyond reach.

Looks like MM is going to be the man- barring, as you note, a crash or mechanical.

IMHO, it is the job of the other two to push the kid as hard as possible to try and create a problem for him but good luck with that.

sugarhillctd on the
http://k11og.org/forum/index.php world-wide K bike forum

DC2wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:41 AM   #4585
Moronic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,461
Wonder how it would have gone if Lorenzo hadn't got quite so confident at Assen, and had not had that crash in practice. You could argue he would have done the same damage two weeks later at the Sachsenring. But then again, he might not have.

Neither crash came because Lorenzo was off the pace and riding over his head to keep up. In both cases he had been quickest in the previous practice session. At Assen he had appeared very comfortable and at the Sachsenring he set the top time while supposedly taking it easy and looking after his injury.

Yes, barring dnf or injury Marquez seems to have it in the bag. But it's bike racing, stuff happens. Lorenzo looked a pretty good bet for the title on Thursday morning at Assen.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:13 AM   #4586
DC2wheels
Castle Anthrax troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moronic View Post
Wonder how it would have gone if Lorenzo hadn't got quite so confident at Assen, and had not had that crash in practice. You could argue he would have done the same damage two weeks later at the Sachsenring. But then again, he might not have.

Neither crash came because Lorenzo was off the pace and riding over his head to keep up. In both cases he had been quickest in the previous practice session. At Assen he had appeared very comfortable and at the Sachsenring he set the top time while supposedly taking it easy and looking after his injury.

Yes, barring dnf or injury Marquez seems to have it in the bag. But it's bike racing, stuff happens. Lorenzo looked a pretty good bet for the title on Thursday morning at Assen.
Yes- spit happens.

But along the same lines of thinking, what if MM had placed 2nd at Mugello instead of crashing out, throwing away 20 points. The difference would be 54 between him and the other two.

sugarhillctd on the

Old 09-26-2013, 04:40 AM   #4587
Moronic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,461
Indeed. And then again, he wasn't a long way from ending his career there, before the race even started. A lot can go wrong when you jump off at 210mph.

Rossi described Marquez as the new, improved Rossi. But I don't think Rossi was ever that ragged, at least not by the time he got into the big class. I'd like to see Marquez wind it back just a little. Want to keep watching him for a long time.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:10 AM   #4588
DC2wheels
Castle Anthrax troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moronic View Post
Indeed. And then again, he wasn't a long way from ending his career there, before the race even started. A lot can go wrong when you jump off at 210mph.

Rossi described Marquez as the new, improved Rossi. But I don't think Rossi was ever that ragged, at least not by the time he got into the big class. I'd like to see Marquez wind it back just a little. Want to keep watching him for a long time.
I think that raceday get-off at Mugello might have been a little wakeup. He was past DP and pushing too hard to catch JLo.

Is his ragged riding the result of coming up from Moto2 and not from 250cc like VR, DP and JLo?

sugarhillctd on the

Old 09-26-2013, 05:26 AM   #4589
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,094
Top 3 have all had heavy crashes this year. Perhaps MM has actually crashed a bit more than DP and JL, but he either bounces better, or hes just simply been luckier than the two, because he has not been injured that badly.

Now MM can afford to turn it down a notch. Remains to be seen if he will, though. Especially if JL is up front, MM will surely want to beat him, because hes been forced to take second two times in a row, he just wont have that at Aragon. So if thats the situation, then hell just put it all on the line again, like young warriors do.
Pecha72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:55 AM   #4590
yety61
Global Vagabond

Oddometer: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2wheels View Post
Actually even if JLo wins every one of the 5 remaining races (or if DP wins them all)- both of which are unlikely scenarios.....and MM comes in 2nd in the remaining 5, Marquez will win it all by 9 points.

With the current point system 1st over 2nd only picks up 5 additional points.

Of course a win or two by MM would start to put the championship beyond reach.

Looks like MM is going to be the man- barring, as you note, a crash or mechanical.

IMHO, it is the job of the other two to push the kid as hard as possible to try and create a problem for him but good luck with that.

Bugger.
I didn't have my maths brain in at the time, too much studying text books today has turned my brain to mush.

As you said, try and push MM to create a problem, good luck with that.
yety61 is offline   Reply With Quote