Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2013, 12:12 PM   #4606
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,818
At the end of the day, the rider with the most points at the end of the season, gets the championship. Any points that anyone didn't get for this reason or that reason, is just part of racing.
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:22 PM   #4607
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by spezjag View Post
You have to remember that Elias did Nicky two favors in 2006: First, near the beginning of the year, he ran into Rossi in the first turn of a race (can't remember which one - Jerez?); then at the second to last race at Estoril (where Pedrosa knocked Nicky out), Elias pipped Rossi on the final straight to deny him five points (koncking him from first to second), which kept Nicky's hopes alive.

Given that, I don't think Nicky's remark was uncalled for - he has made that statement before regarding Elias's role in his winning the championship that year.
Nicky beat Rossi straight up, recovering an 8 point deficit at the final race to win the Championship. Elias had nothing to do with it. Nicky did the job, Rossi folded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecha72 View Post
Actually nobody “let” Bayliss the win @ Valencia in 2006, he took the victory all by himself.
My point exactly.

Yet, there is room for argument that if the points gap were bigger, Hayden still could have pushed harder to possibly gain two more places and an additional 9 points at Valencia. No one will ever know if he could have done it, but the potential for it was there.

Everyone saw the P3 OK messages on Nicky pit board and everyone knows he had no need to push any harder.

So, Elias did not win Nicky's championship for him. And it is crap to imply otherwise.
Old 09-27-2013, 02:13 PM   #4608
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
Excellent interview with NH69

I thought the dig on thanking Toni Elias for his championship was a bit uncalled for.
On occasion human's will joke around.
swimmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:29 PM   #4609
dontlr
Mysterious Chatter

Oddometer: 2,696
Dig?? Really?? Racers are always happy when someone else takes point off their rivals when they need them.
dontlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 05:14 PM   #4610
mdubya
Right Brigade

Just saying what I thought.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:55 PM   #4611
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome

Oddometer: 12,460
Quote:
Yet, there is room for argument that if the points gap were bigger, Hayden still could have pushed harder to possibly gain two more places and an additional 9 points at Valencia. No one will ever know if he could have done it, but the potential for it was there.
"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, every day would be Christmas" -- Earl Hayden

yooperbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 03:01 AM   #4612
auguzt
4ever n00b

Oddometer: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprocketjock View Post
Can you imagine being Marquez?! A handsome 20 year old superstar traveling the world. If he does it right he'll have a stump for a dick by 30.
Old 09-28-2013, 07:12 AM   #4613
Motorcyclist
Drag a Bag!

Oddometer: 3,323
That is an awesome picture. Good for him, he seems to be having fun, and he has an outgoing, genuine personality that might mitigate the eventual loss of Rossi.
Motorcyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 09:40 AM   #4614
markjenn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcyclist View Post
That is an awesome picture. Good for him, he seems to be having fun, and he has an outgoing, genuine personality that might mitigate the eventual loss of Rossi.
Looks blatantly (and poorly) photoshopped to me.

- Mark
markjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 10:12 AM   #4615
Pantah
Red Sox Nation

Oddometer: 10,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcyclist View Post
Yeah, he's the new Rossi. I look forward to the day when MM puts his arm around a dejected upstart on the podium and say's through his trademark big grin; "It's just racing..."

Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 11:35 AM   #4616
cogitate
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post
Yeah, he's the new Rossi. I look forward to the day when MM puts his arm around a dejected upstart on the podium and say's through his trademark big grin; "It's just racing..."

I have a feeling that is going to happen soon, and it not is going to be a dejected upstart

My book "If You Look at Your Health in a New Way..." is available here
and as PDF here
available in Kindle format here
cogitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 01:35 PM   #4617
Closed Casket
Suicidal, but a nice guy.

Oddometer: 798
Quote:
Excellent interview with NH69

http://www.crash.net/motogp/intervie...yden_-_qa.html

I thought the dig on thanking Toni Elias for his championship was a bit uncalled for. Do they ask Troy Bayliss if he thanks Nicky for letting him win at Valencia by bringing it home safely in P3 to win the championship?

Great to see him open up more now that Ducati is dumping him, though he's still a true professional. But about Audi not having much if any perceived influence on Ducati since they bought them. And that Ducati's problems are still a total head scratcher for their collective engineering team.

2009 Moto Guzzi Stelvio
Closed Casket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 05:02 PM   #4618
mdubya
Right Brigade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Closed Casket View Post
Great to see him open up more now that Ducati is dumping him, though he's still a true professional. But about Audi not having much if any perceived influence on Ducati since they bought them. And that Ducati's problems are still a total head scratcher for their collective engineering team.
I agree about the opening up.

In regards to Audi: they claim that they are done with evolution. That experiment has failed. Next up, all new bike and motor. We shall see. They claim there will be an all new bike to test, post Valencia.
Old 09-29-2013, 01:16 AM   #4619
auguzt
4ever n00b

Oddometer: 367
Quote:
...Audi: they claim that they are done with evolution. That experiment has failed. Next up, all new bike and motor. We shall see. They claim there will be an all new bike to test, post Valencia.
I guess that at least they should tell it to their own riders. I heared an interview with a totally unexcited Dovizioso yesterday and when asked about his future his answer was not optimistic at all...
Old 09-29-2013, 01:20 PM   #4620
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by auguzt View Post
I guess that at least they should tell it to their own riders. I heared an interview with a totally unexcited Dovizioso yesterday and when asked about his future his answer was not optimistic at all...
Just wait until next year when Crutchlow is asked week after week how things are going with the Ducati. I think we'll hit an all time high of negativity.
swimmer is online now   Reply With Quote