Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2013, 10:15 AM   #4741
Twinz
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
Yup. I hope he doesn't get screwed out of a good ride.
'94 R1100RS, '84 R100CS, '76 R75/6 (S fairing)
'80 Guzzi V50 II, '73 Guzzi V7 Sport
Twinz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:23 AM   #4742
gonnagetthere
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
Keep in mind that American Honda was instrumental in getting Nicky his Repsol Honda ride, and that once he was there, HRC basically "used" Nicky all the time he was riding for them. Should Nicky return to Honda to ride the production racer with Aspar; it will be interesting to see if Nicky becomes the "favoured" rider on the Honda they haven't sold to anyone yet, or if Nicky is once again "used" by Honda for their own corporate gains.

I'm not suggesting the Honda production racer isn't a good option for Nicky at this point in his career. Only that if Gigi were to turn things around at Ducati, and put Nicky on an equally competitive ride to the production Honda, Nicky would be able to enjoy both his race results, and the support of his employers.

Looks like Nicky has some very tough decisions to make regarding his racing future.
gonnagetthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:35 AM   #4743
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonnagetthere View Post
Keep in mind that American Honda was instrumental in getting Nicky his Repsol Honda ride, and that once he was there, HRC basically "used" Nicky all the time he was riding for them. Should Nicky return to Honda to ride the production racer with Aspar; it will be interesting to see if Nicky becomes the "favoured" rider on the Honda they haven't sold to anyone yet, or if Nicky is once again "used" by Honda for their own corporate gains.

I'm not suggesting the Honda production racer isn't a good option for Nicky at this point in his career. Only that if Gigi were to turn things around at Ducati, and put Nicky on an equally competitive ride to the production Honda, Nicky would be able to enjoy both his race results, and the support of his employers.

Looks like Nicky has some very tough decisions to make regarding his racing future.
I think Nicky will be at Aspar. The question is will it be on an Ape, a Honda, or a Ducati?

This also explains the rumors about Eugene Laverty being on a Ducati next season. They made a play for Jonathon Rea, too, apparently.

I think it bodes well that Dall'Igna is so keen to have Nicky be part of either the Aprilia or Ducati project.

I do think that HRC is interested in Hayden for their project, too.

I would bet Nicky has been talking to Casey for the real dope on the Honda PR bike.

Interesting times.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:00 AM   #4744
chasbo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,532
And Ducati steps in to screw up a bunch of other riders, including re-screwing Nicky. I have lost any respect I used to have for the brand.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:14 PM   #4745
Parx400
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
I am hoping that Gigi Dall’Igna stays at Aprilia and that he and Aprilia and Nicky and Aspar wipe the floor with Ducati.

Ducati should recall Pierre Terblanche to design the Duc Moto GP bike to resemble an art deco locomotive.
This.

You cant change Ducati culture. They say he can do what he wants but that will never happen.
Parx400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:11 PM   #4746
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome

Oddometer: 12,485
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
Mega drama between Ducati, Aprilia, HRC, Team Aspar, and Nicky Hayden.

Must read:

http://www.sportrider.com/news/146_1...honda_calling/
ASPAR Speaks!

Executive summary: If Dall'Igna jumps to Ducati, it's likely that Aspar will too. Aprilia won't fund the improvements Dall'igna wants so if If he doesn't,
Honda is looming larger.

yooperbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:40 PM   #4747
kyns
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,832
Nicky must be close to:

I hope he ends up at Aprilia. Both Honda and Ducati have kinda burned bridges with him.
kyns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:54 PM   #4748
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,827
If Dall'igna is smart..he will take a close look at what Ducati has done the last couple years.

1. They had one of the greatest riders ever in Stoner, and even he only won the championship one year, 2007. He went to Honda in 2011, and won it again, straight away.( points to bike issues to me, not rider issues)
2. They had the potential GOAT in Rossi, and an Italian, and he could not get out of his contract fast enough after two crap seasons.
3. They had a great teammate to their "star" riders in Nicky Hayden, who also won the championship on a Honda in 2006, and if counting FP's and qualifying sessions( yes, us Hayden fans do that)...consistently overall, did better than Rossi those two years. (( I would not doubt if Nicky was told to let Rossi do better in the races...you know, for the team. )) And they have decided to toss him aside after all his loyalty and being a great :company man".
4. They have been bought by Audi, which seemingly has made little to no difference overall. They still have a TT that is not competitive with the other GP bikes.

Put all that together, and it would give me serious pause to go anywhere near Ducati.
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:54 PM   #4749
DandyDoug
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 378
I bet Nicky is kicking back laughing at all this , any way it goes he wins.
Maybe not on the track again next year, but his legion of fans will support him in what ever he decides to do.
DandyDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:29 PM   #4750
azkiwi
message in a bottle

Oddometer: 9,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandyDoug View Post
I bet Nicky is kicking back laughing at all this , any way it goes he wins.
I think Hayden's best chance of wining anything just went south. Battling it out with Edwards on a proddy Honda is likely not what he was hoping to do next year.
Audi may have resigned themselves to creating Ducati again as whole cloth, but that means another year (or two) in the wilderness for their riders. Morton's Fork.

azkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:38 PM   #4751
sprocketjock
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 821
I realize Nicky got fisted by Honda but I wouldn't mind seeing him on this.
sprocketjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:16 PM   #4752
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

Oddometer: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprocketjock View Post
I realize Nicky got fisted by Honda but I wouldn't mind seeing him on this.
If he can beat out a TT or two, I would be happy to see him run one!
snowhawk jockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:18 AM   #4753
advNZer?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonnagetthere View Post

Dont all the factories "use" their riders?
Old 10-08-2013, 03:19 AM   #4754
advNZer?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowhawk jockey View Post
If he can beat out a TT or two, I would be happy to see him run one!
if the ducati doesnt improve some i am betting the "Proddy" bikes will beat them from day 1
Old 10-08-2013, 04:43 AM   #4755
HarveyMushman
commutingmysentence

Oddometer: 16,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperbikemike View Post
ASPAR Speaks!

Executive summary: If Dall'Igna jumps to Ducati, it's likely that Aspar will too. Aprilia won't fund the improvements Dall'igna wants so if If he doesn't,
Honda is looming larger.
Get fired by Ducati and still have to ride it? What did Nick do?

photo galleries
HarveyMushman is offline   Reply With Quote