yooperbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:32 AM   #4772
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ73 View Post
Class act to the end.

How recent is that?? I think the Ape thing may be up in the air now.
I think it just came out yesterday in English, a few days ago in whatever it was I read a translation of. I believe the interview happened during the Aragon weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperbikemike View Post
Old 10-09-2013, 07:39 AM   #4773
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome

Oddometer: 12,347
Biaggi is tweeting (I think) that Dall'Igna/Ducati is a done deal; announcement today...

yooperbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:51 AM   #4774
Bleemus
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 802
Quote:
Biaggi is tweeting (I think) that Dall'Igna/Ducati is a done deal; announcement today...
Bummer.
Bleemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:28 AM   #4775
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,005
Quote:
Biaggi is twerking...
ftfy
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:43 AM   #4776
DougZ73
Lacks Freetime

Oddometer: 6,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleemus View Post
Bummer.
Indeed. I think the Proddy bike is calling to Nick. Casey did say he thinking it would be a competitive bike...can't be any worse than the CRT( no longer) bikes have been.

EDIT: and again...they need to get this fuel limit BS outta here. Racing and Fuel efficiency should not even be in the same thought....as far as I am concerned.
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:53 AM   #4777
DC2wheels
Castle Anthrax troll

Oddometer: 2,073
I'm trying to keep up here......

So-

Gigi goes to Aspar and Ducati or just to Ducati?

Then Nicky is back on the TT.....PLEASE don't say this is true.

sugarhillctd on the
http://k11og.org/forum/index.php world-wide K bike forum

DC2wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:17 AM   #4778
Parx400
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2wheels View Post

So-

Gigi would be running the factory team.

Haydens contract was going to be with Aprila, not Aspar.

Aspar has been in contact with HRC for the prody racers.

The guy who owns Aspar is good buddies with Gigi. They could be convinced to take Ducatis.

Gigi knows how to build a frame, ducati already has a good engine.
Parx400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:18 AM   #4779
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,005
Quote:
EDIT: and again...they need to get this fuel limit BS outta here. Racing and Fuel efficiency should not even be in the same thought....as far as I am concerned.
What technology is more important for a manufacturer to be working on? A large part of why someone like Honda is in motogp is to develop technology ( not that it helped with vfr1200 gas guzzler). As an end user I am happy the manufacturer is challenged with fuel economy if it means the motorcycle or car I drive in 10 years can have high performance with lower fuel usage.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:20 AM   #4780
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2wheels View Post

So-

Gigi to Ducati. He would like Aspar to then run Ducatis with spec software and he would like Nicky as part of that package.

Aspar is considering. They are also talking to HRC and American Honda about running Nicky on a proddy Honda.

I am sure Aprilia still would like to be with Aspar too, but with Dall'Igna gone, nobody will want to stay with Aprilia. Sucks.

My ONLY misgivings about running a Production Honda is, there is no way HRC would stand for a production racer being competitive with their factory machines. I could be wrong, but I don't see it.

The Ducati route means more of the same until Ducati is able to produce a Dall'Igna prototype. And how long could that take? 6 months? A year? 3 years?

Dall'Igna is going to bring everything that is good about the Ape to Ducati, though.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:51 AM   #4781
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

Oddometer: 6,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
The Ducati route means more of the same until Ducati is able to produce a Dall'Igna prototype. And how long could that take? 6 months? A year? 3 years?

Dall'Igna is going to bring everything that is good about the Ape to Ducati, though.
Yes, but that will take a season to get figured out. If ever. All the other factories will continue to move forward.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:59 AM   #4782
DC2wheels
Castle Anthrax troll

Oddometer: 2,073
On the other end of the soap opera, there is the hearing tomorrow for the DP/MM incident.

MM is quoted as saying "I know there is a hearing set for Thursday with Race Direction to discuss the incident with Dani in Aragón, there is not much we can do, we need to wait and see what they say"

Then DP is quoted as ""There is not much we can do, we need to wait and see what they say".

Programmed by the HRC PR folks, I guess.

sugarhillctd on the
http://k11og.org/forum/index.php world-wide K bike forum

DC2wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:09 AM   #4783
DougZ73
Lacks Freetime

Oddometer: 6,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
What technology is more important for a manufacturer to be working on? A large part of why someone like Honda is in motogp is to develop technology ( not that it helped with vfr1200 gas guzzler). As an end user I am happy the manufacturer is challenged with fuel economy if it means the motorcycle or car I drive in 10 years can have high performance with lower fuel usage.
I agree that trickle down technology is great for improving performance in the production lines. What I personally do not like, is anything to do with fuel efficiency in what is supposed to be a racing series, and a prototype racing series at that. To me, they just do not belong together. Not to mention, that to a good extent, peak motor performance and peak fuel efficiency, are contradictory goals.
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:32 AM   #4784
Parx400
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
Gigi to Ducati. He would like Aspar to then run Ducatis with spec software and he would like Nicky as part of that package.

Aspar is considering. They are also talking to HRC and American Honda about running Nicky on a proddy Honda.

I am sure Aprilia still would like to be with Aspar too, but with Dall'Igna gone, nobody will want to stay with Aprilia. Sucks.

My ONLY misgivings about running a Production Honda is, there is no way HRC would stand for a production racer being competitive with their factory machines. I could be wrong, but I don't see it.

The proddy honda will always be just a bit behind but at larger tracks where it can use more fuel it should be close. The bikes belong to the teams so they can do with them as they please. They have spec software. They dont need Honda there holding their hand.

Aspar should take the honda. I'm sad to see this happening to Aprilia but they are not willing to give Dall"Igna what he wants.
Parx400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:43 AM   #4785
mike54
You don't get me

Oddometer: 13,002
Quote:
I agree that trickle down technology is great for improving performance in the production lines. What I personally do not like, is anything to do with fuel efficiency in what is supposed to be a racing series, and a prototype racing series at that. To me, they just do not belong together. Not to mention, that to a good extent, peak motor performance and peak fuel efficiency, are contradictory goals.
I think that limiting fuel usage to increase mileage is kind of a red herring. I believe the rule was implemented to bring some parity to the series. Dorna's interest is in competitive, entertaining racing. Parity will help provide that. Nobody cares what kind of fuel mileage race bikes get. That would be a hard sell to a mass audience.

Do stand up guys lie?
mike54 is offline   Reply With Quote