ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-16-2013, 03:15 PM   #5011
swimmer
armchair asshole
 
swimmer's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: tucson
Oddometer: 4,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogBoy View Post
I think this is all Swimmer's attempt to get Pedrosa's phone number.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 04:15 PM   #5012
Mike Yanagita
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Mike Yanagita's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Location: So. Cal.
Oddometer: 340
Lordy, it's always "Uccio" this and "Puig's cabin boy" that.

Musta been a lot of naked towel-snapping in the locker room among a few here.
Mike Yanagita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 05:45 PM   #5013
Pantah
Patriot Nation?
 
Pantah's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: India Wharf
Oddometer: 10,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kropotkin View Post
I'll be at Valencia, but I'm 99.9% sure he didn't. They got along when they were teammates, but they weren't buddies. I don't expect he would have Stoner's phone number.
I don't see Nick consulting CS27. He is his own man and has plenty of people get the answers he needs to make such a decision. Plus, he gave Honda a couple of championships. There are people there to help him make judgements.
__________________
Straight ahead and faster -Bo Weaver 1970
"There I was..." -Griffin Niner Three Hotel
"One day closer to a parade..." Jonny Gomes, spring training 2013
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:57 PM   #5014
RowBust
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Oddometer: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post
I don't see Nick consulting CS27. He is his own man and has plenty of people get the answers he needs to make such a decision. Plus, he gave Honda a couple of championships. There are people there to help him make judgements.
Ah 1 championship and how many wins? 3 I believe in how many years?, put him on the best bike and he'd still come 8th
RowBust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:16 PM   #5015
mdubya
Right Brigade
 
mdubya's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: western, MD
Oddometer: 7,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by @NickyHayden
Sometimes when you think things fell apart maybe they was just falling into place :)

____________________________________________
__________________
+0
mdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:16 PM   #5016
sprocketjock
Studly Adventurer
 
sprocketjock's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Oddometer: 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowBust View Post
Ah 1 championship and how many wins? 3 I believe in how many years?, put him on the best bike and he'd still come 8th
Oh no you didn't.
sprocketjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:24 PM   #5017
Rd650
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Rd650's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Clemson SC
Oddometer: 234
I believe Nicky won a superbike championship for Honda in the states in 2002. Not Moto GP though.
Rd650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:27 PM   #5018
wbedient
MoTard
 
wbedient's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: North Central Washington
Oddometer: 1,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rd650 View Post
I believe Nicky won a superbike championship for Honda in the states in 2002. Not Moto GP though.
Honda was motoGP champ in 2006(?) ... quite a bit of drama around it, but yeah he was world champ in motogp.
__________________

2008 KTM 690 Enduro
My Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wbedient#g/u
wbedient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:39 AM   #5019
Gimme 2
Team slo ass
 
Gimme 2's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: still looking
Oddometer: 1,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rd650 View Post
I believe Nicky won a superbike championship for Honda in the states in 2002. Not Moto GP though.
Yeah on the RC 51 or Sp 1 as we call it here in Oz. Yep it was 2006 he just managed it after Rossi binned it in Assen ? and Pedrosa knocked him off in the dying laps of ....was,nt it the same race was it? Not Sure. But he sure Did win the 2006 Championship and put out a repsol CBR 1000 RR bike in his honer. He Also won PI in 2005.
Gimme 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:22 AM   #5020
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Oddometer: 3,812
Pedro torpedoed Nicky out of the race in Portugal in 2006, and this was right before the season finale at Valencia (and let´s not get into that, ok....) This had given Rossi a tiny lead in the championship, but he threw it away, when he crashed in the race, and remounted to finish 13th. Nicky won the title by finishing 3rd that day.

Interestingly, Rossi had been beaten to the line by Toni Elias in Portugal, and they were separated by just 0.002 seconds – so, had Rossi been a mere 0.003 seconds faster to the line in that race, he would have won it, taken 5 more points, and then taken the championship as well, because he would have been tied with Nicky on points after Valencia, but VR had more race wins. But not taking anything away from Nicky, he´s a MotoGP world champion, and everyone who´s done it, has deserved it.
Pecha72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 04:55 AM   #5021
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!
 
RichBeBe's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Oddometer: 6,140
Way too many ifs that year and any year if the championship is close. If Edwards wouldn't have fallen...
__________________
"Remember that an enduro tests the endurance of three things: your machine, your body, and your wits. Only one has to fail to keep you from reaching the finish line." Cycle World March 1966
RichBeBe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:16 AM   #5022
Kropotkin
Big Girl's Blouse
 
Kropotkin's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Dieren, The Low Low Lands of Holland
Oddometer: 7,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecha72 View Post
Pedro torpedoed Nicky out of the race in Portugal in 2006, and this was right before the season finale at Valencia (and let´s not get into that, ok....) This had given Rossi a tiny lead in the championship, but he threw it away, when he crashed in the race, and remounted to finish 13th. Nicky won the title by finishing 3rd that day.

Interestingly, Rossi had been beaten to the line by Toni Elias in Portugal, and they were separated by just 0.002 seconds – so, had Rossi been a mere 0.003 seconds faster to the line in that race, he would have won it, taken 5 more points, and then taken the championship as well, because he would have been tied with Nicky on points after Valencia, but VR had more race wins. But not taking anything away from Nicky, he´s a MotoGP world champion, and everyone who´s done it, has deserved it.

Or Elias hadn't taken Rossi out in the first corner at Jerez, first race of the year. Then there's the DNFs....

People always talk about Elias winning that race as being the one event which allowed Hayden to take that title, but that year was so eventful that Elias' victory - apart from being awesome to watch - is almost irrelevant, in the grand scheme of things.
Kropotkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:59 AM   #5023
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome
 
yooperbikemike's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: The blue groove
Oddometer: 12,497
Hayden to Aspar Honda -- Official

__________________
"...people in the stands want to see good, close racing. The thing is to put on a show, and that’s what’s going to draw people in..." -- Scotty Parker



yooperbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:08 AM   #5024
spezjag
Beastly Adventurer
 
spezjag's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Northern Virginia, USA
Oddometer: 8,201
Squee!
__________________
Gary

Only a motorcyclist knows why a cheetah hangs its head out the window. - Peterman
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ6jy8o...ure%3Dyoutu.be
spezjag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:10 AM   #5025
5th-Elefant
Beastly Adventurer
 
5th-Elefant's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: UK
Oddometer: 1,367
Esparrago must be kicking himself
5th-Elefant is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014