ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-07-2013, 09:53 AM   #5371
Pantah
Red Sox Nation
 
Pantah's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: India Wharf
Oddometer: 10,073
I am impressed that Vale and Burgess are done. I like what Vale said about it. It makes all the sense in the world to me. Something's got to change if Valentino is going to win more races.
__________________
Straight ahead and faster -Bo Weaver 1970
"There I was..." -Griffin Niner Three Hotel
"One day closer to a parade..." Jonny Gomes, spring training 2013
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:58 AM   #5372
stk0308
Beastly Adventurer
 
stk0308's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: St Charles, MO
Oddometer: 1,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drif10 View Post
An interesting barometer is our forum here.

Look at the traffic on the SBK vs MotoGP threads.
That's a little unfair. If you take out the Casey Stoner whining by the inmates here they're probably more equal.
__________________
Steven
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2001 Yamaha YZ426F
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity
stk0308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:38 AM   #5373
swimmer
armchair asshole
 
swimmer's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: tucson
Oddometer: 4,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeekster View Post
Whoa!just heard that Rossi and Burgess will be nomore after this season...
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/tom-houseworth/6/13/620
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:48 AM   #5374
jm-2008
Gnarly Adventurer
 
jm-2008's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: South Eastern Australia
Oddometer: 479
JB & Vale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post
I am impressed that Vale and Burgess are done. I like what Vale said about it. It makes all the sense in the world to me. Something's got to change if Valentino is going to win more races.
Thought JB had a health scare a couple of years back?
Fantastic pedigree in GP racing but may be time to ease up on all the travel
JM-2008
jm-2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:02 PM   #5375
DC2wheels
Castle Anthrax troll
 
DC2wheels's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: N.H.
Oddometer: 2,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm-2008 View Post
Thought JB had a health scare a couple of years back?
Fantastic pedigree in GP racing but may be time to ease up on all the travel
JM-2008
I thought that it was JB's wife that had the health problem, no?
__________________
'92 K100RS
'12 DRZ400
sugarhillctd on the
http://k11og.org/forum/index.php world-wide K bike forum

DC2wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:27 PM   #5376
mdubya
Right Brigade
 
mdubya's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: western, MD
Oddometer: 7,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm-2008 View Post
Thought JB had a health scare a couple of years back?
Fantastic pedigree in GP racing but may be time to ease up on all the travel
JM-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2wheels View Post
I thought that it was JB's wife that had the health problem, no?
I think you are right. Wife.

JB has been talking about retiring for a few years.

I am not sure what to think. I am not sure this is the best idea for Vale. Nobody has more championships than JB.

I was going to suggest that Nicky try to poach Cristian Gabbarini. Maybe Vale and Yamaha will.

Maybe MM will smarten up and keep him.
__________________
+0
mdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:39 PM   #5377
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Oddometer: 3,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post

I am not sure what to think. I am not sure this is the best idea for Vale. Nobody has more championships than JB.
Not saying Vale has been fading because of JB ... but maybe it΄s actually not just riders, who might have a best before-date?
__________________
Countries ridden • FIN • SWE • NOR • DK • EE • LV • LT • POL • SK • HU • RO • BG • GR • IT • AT • DE • CZ • CH • SMR • LIE • NL • BE • FR • AND • ES • GBR • LUX • SI • HR • BIH • SRB • MK • TR • IR • PAK • IND • TH • KH • LA • MY • ID • AUS • CR • USA • ZA • LS • SWZ • MZ • NA • BW • ZM • ZW
Pecha72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:45 PM   #5378
DougZ73
Fading off.........
 
DougZ73's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: NJ
Oddometer: 6,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
I think you are right. Wife.

JB has been talking about retiring for a few years.

I am not sure what to think. I am not sure this is the best idea for Vale. Nobody has more championships than JB.

I was going to suggest that Nicky try to poach Cristian Gabbarini. Maybe Vale and Yamaha will.

Maybe MM will smarten up and keep him.
I think Nicky has what it takes to be competitive and driven, just needs to have better equipment to get the results.
__________________
Skyline Drive 11/2010 , Catskills 2010 trip, Catskills 2011 , Southern TNJT, 2011
DougZ's MTB thread , DZ Moto Photo Bloggin' , (my) Learning photography thread, DougZ vids
- Ryder Joseph Z. , Born 11/26/12-- the next Adventure: Grayson Hunter Z., born 5/3/14
DougZ73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:40 PM   #5379
BOOTLACE
Bikie Scum.
 
BOOTLACE's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: Methane Central..(Sth Gippsland)
Oddometer: 3,641
So IF I was to win the big Lotto prize tonight, would I be able to purchase??

Handy track day bike....look good in the lounge room too.

Detail shots here.

http://www.mcnews.com.au/2014_Bikes/...00R/index.html
__________________
bootlace
BOOTLACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:53 PM   #5380
mike54
You don't get me
 
mike54's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Oddometer: 13,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOTLACE View Post
So IF I was to win the big Lotto prize tonight, would I be able to purchase??

Handy track day bike....look good in the lounge room too.

Detail shots here.

http://www.mcnews.com.au/2014_Bikes/...00R/index.html
Usually you have to have a rider that's qualified to ride the bike in the series, and your team has to have some kind of racing credentials. They only build a limited number and they're not really intended for club racers.

But I know what you mean. I've sometimes wondered where all the 500 2 strokes went. And day dreamed about bringing one to one of my local track days. That day dream usuallly ends with a spectacular high side.
__________________
A genius is the one most like himself. - T. Monk via S. Lacy

Do stand up guys lie?
mike54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:59 PM   #5381
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs
 
RedRocket's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: SoCal
Oddometer: 19,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecha72 View Post
Not saying Vale has been fading because of JB ... but maybe it΄s actually not just riders, who might have a best before-date?

After JB doing what he's been doing for 20+Years in many ways he looks at many things from the same direction and Vale needs to shake up something to find a way to get faster so a fresh viewpoint at the helm for him may be a good thing.

JB's wife passed away, and I'm sure by now he's ready for a rest.
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:00 PM   #5382
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs
 
RedRocket's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: SoCal
Oddometer: 19,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike54 View Post
Usually you have to have a rider that's qualified to ride the bike in the series, and your team has to have some kind of racing credentials. They only build a limited number and they're not really intended for club racers.

But I know what you mean. I've sometimes wondered where all the 500 2 strokes went. And day dreamed about bringing one to one of my local track days. That day dream usuallly ends with a spectacular high side.
After they're obsolete you'll be able to get one much cheaper
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:32 PM   #5383
Velociraptor
TrackBum
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Seattle
Oddometer: 1,026
Burgess is a legend! I think I read somewhere that no one Vale's age has ever won a motogp championship. Is this true? I would love to see Vale come back and win another championship next year, but to be honest I would be shocked if that happened. I am sure that Burgess is more than happy to chill out. He has won a LOT. So the big question is whether Vale has bike setup problems or Vale setup problems.....!
__________________
2014 KTM EXC 500
2014 KTM 1290 Superduke R
2009 KTM 690r Enduro SOLD
2002 RC51 SOLD
2010 KTM 990 Supermoto R SOLD
Velociraptor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:46 PM   #5384
Closed Casket
Suicidal, but a nice guy.
 
Closed Casket's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Pac NorthWet
Oddometer: 798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor View Post
Burgess is a legend! I think I read somewhere that no one Vale's age has ever won a motogp championship. Is this true? I would love to see Vale come back and win another championship next year, but to be honest I would be shocked if that happened. I am sure that Burgess is more than happy to chill out. He has won a LOT. So the big question is whether Vale has bike setup problems or Vale setup problems.....!
I think it's a great change and like Pantah said really like the way Rossi handled it. It makes sense. They obviously have tons of respect for each other, and hopefully someone new can give Rossi's aging/fading career one more flicker. But I think MM will be the next GOAT and hard to beat.
__________________
Still plays with motorcycles....

2009 Moto Guzzi Stelvio
Closed Casket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:22 PM   #5385
bk brkr baker
Beastly Adventurer
 
bk brkr baker's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: The Bluegrass
Oddometer: 5,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
After they're obsolete you'll be able to get one much cheaper


When they hit rock bottom, I want this one .Trellis framed V-4 'priller.
__________________
RR's Catnip Hill to Peoria ___Loopin' Seattle to WestFest
It started with some beers __1500 miles to the Dentist
Skeedaddle to Seattle______ A 30 year old on a Three Flags Run
bk brkr baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014