User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2013, 06:23 PM   #5401
azkiwi
message in a bottle

Oddometer: 9,267
[QUOTE=mdubya;22738574
I wonder if anyone will make a play to hire JB? I would love to see that. [/QUOTE]

Would be interesting to see if he was in the market.

Very brave move from Rossi IMO. He is facing his own decline with remarkable objectivity.

azkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:10 PM   #5402
scottmoto16
Scooter Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,076
JB+CS+HRC=????

Old 11-08-2013, 07:12 PM   #5403
Silver
Dirtnewb

Oddometer: 2,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post

Congrats on moving to a dirt bike. I think that is the absolute best way to learn what a motorcycle can really do.
Thanks. It's been pretty amazing and SWEET TITS physical. 500+ mile days on the CBR are basically nothing to a 10 mile day just starting out riding dirtbikes. It's crazy, but loving it.

Crazy on Rossi and Burgess, but it is what it is and I can understand the need. I think Burgess has been ready to retire for a bit though, but not positive. Who knows. I don't think there is any bad blood about it and definitely stand up of Rossi to tell him as soon as he sees him in person and not via a phone call or email and also before the race weekend not on Sunday after. Says a lot about Rossi's character, as well as his desire to win again. I wish them both the best, and think that Burgess will still be around the paddock.
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:30 PM   #5404
misanthropic
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
When I click the link in the email it takes me straight to a page that shows season passes. Looks like prices went up, again.
Price for the basic package is the same as last year.
misanthropic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:14 PM   #5405
DogBoy
Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
When I click the link in the email it takes me straight to a page that shows season passes. Looks like prices went up, again.
First time subscribing and I just bought the package for the last two races this year. The only options I had were for montly billing and it didn't mention anything about the free "off season."

Is the full season package billed monthly or as a one-time price for the whole year?
Old 11-08-2013, 11:04 PM   #5406
advNZer?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogBoy View Post
First time subscribing and I just bought the package for the last two races this year. The only options I had were for montly billing and it didn't mention anything about the free "off season."

Is the full season package billed monthly or as a one-time price for the whole year?
one time price for whole year,which gets slightly cheaper as the year goes on.I would guess that if you buy a one time event now, an off season one will become avaialable immediately after the old one expires,if you buy a montly one you will get the coverage of the valencia tests.I guess any other ones will become available as the off season progresses.Dont know if a "full season " is right through to beginning of new season or not,but i guess you now have to wait

advNZer? screwed with this post 11-08-2013 at 11:13 PM
advNZer? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:19 PM   #5407
Moronic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
Paraphrase of a Tweet by Alex Briggs: "the shoes in JB's locker cannot be filled."

I believe these words will be prophetic.

I wonder if anyone will make a play to hire JB? I would love to see that.

I've a feeling you might be right.

Nevertheless, Rossi has had no crew chief except JB over his entire career in MotoGP, IIRC.

So I can understand why he might want to try someone else before he bows out.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:41 PM   #5408
advNZer?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moronic View Post
I've a feeling you might be right.

Nevertheless, Rossi has had no crew chief except JB over his entire career in MotoGP, IIRC.

So I can understand why he might want to try someone else before he bows out.
its really the only way he can make a change i guess.He needs to reinvent himself.Maybe the Ducati doesnt just wear out the riders?
Old 11-09-2013, 12:39 AM   #5409
DLRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post
I am impressed that Vale and Burgess are done. I like what Vale said about it. It makes all the sense in the world to me. Something's got to change if Valentino is going to win more races.
The only change that will put Vale back on the pointed end of the field is the fountain of youth and last time I check that discovery has yet to be made. The top three are untouchable by anyone on the track at this moment.

DLRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 01:23 AM   #5410
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLRider View Post
The only change that will put Vale back on the pointed end of the field is the fountain of youth and last time I check that discovery has yet to be made. The top three are untouchable by anyone on the track at this moment.
Ha ha. Rossi is down on the 3 Spaniards, but not THAT far back.

I do agree his age is working against him these days, but he is a 9-times world champion, he knows how to get back there. I hope
Old 11-09-2013, 01:36 AM   #5411
BOOTLACE
Bikie Scum.

Oddometer: 3,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecha72 View Post
Ha ha. Rossi is down on the 3 Spaniards, but not THAT far back.

I do agree his age is working against him these days, but he is a 9-times world champion, he knows how to get back there. I hope

I think we all would be hoping VR could still be mixing it with the three Spaniards, but time marches on, unfortunately. Don't know your age, but I've certainly felt it over the last couple of years. Just a little steadier, can't read the surface as well, and without a doubt the fear factor has increased. Lots.
Old 11-09-2013, 03:19 AM   #5412
DC2wheels
Castle Anthrax troll

Oddometer: 2,428
Or is it that VR has remained at the same speed but the 3 amigos have found different/faster bike speed and race craft?
http://k11og.org/forum/index.php world-wide K bike forum

DC2wheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 05:02 AM   #5413
O.C.F.RIDER
Loose nut behind h/bars

Oddometer: 4,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOTLACE View Post
I think we all would be hoping VR could still be mixing it with the three Spaniards, but time marches on, unfortunately. Don't know your age, but I've certainly felt it over the last couple of years. Just a little steadier, can't read the surface as well, and without a doubt the fear factor has increased. Lots.
You can be sure that when VR saw the bone sticking out of his leg, things changed right at that moment. Whether he say's so or not, things changed. If the same thing had happened at 17, it wouldn't mean a thing. But, he's old enough, that I guarantee it screwed with his head just that little bit enough that makes him be willing to go that "extra little bit".
Wouldn't we all just love to be in his shoes; maybe not able to win a WC again, but still getting paid millions and have the adoration millions and still having a shit-load of FUN.

Chris
'75 Kawi 900 Z1...'90 Kawi ZX11...'03 Kawi ZRX 1200...'01 VOR 400E
O.C.F.RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 05:38 AM   #5414
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C.F.RIDER View Post
You can be sure that when VR saw the bone sticking out of his leg, things changed right at that moment. Whether he say's so or not, things changed. If the same thing had happened at 17, it wouldn't mean a thing. But, he's old enough, that I guarantee it screwed with his head just that little bit enough that makes him be willing to go that "extra little bit".
Wouldn't we all just love to be in his shoes; maybe not able to win a WC again, but still getting paid millions and have the adoration millions and still having a shit-load of FUN.

Chris
I would just love to have the Rossi ranch and track.

And maybe some of the hawt italian bishes.
DougZ73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:05 AM   #5415
azkiwi
message in a bottle

Oddometer: 9,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by advNZer? View Post
its really the only way he can make a change i guess.He needs to reinvent himself.Maybe the Ducati doesnt just wear out the riders?
Good point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C.F.RIDER
You can be sure that when VR saw the bone sticking out of his leg, things changed right at that moment.
I'm thinking that about the 6th race on the Ducati was the seed of doubt that could not be extinguished. He overcame the broken leg with a hyperbaric chamber and rapid return to (near) form, but being forced to recognize race after race after race that his powers were not in fact god-like, and that he could not will the red bike to the front was perhaps the beginning of acceptance.

azkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote