Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2013, 01:31 PM   #226
rockmurf
IBA #31100

Oddometer: 320
I was at the dealership the other day checking on recalls on my triple and I looked at the f6b and it started growing on me. I know the owners and they said I can take theirs for the day anytime I want. I went home thinking about it and then lack of cruise really bothered me and then it dawned on me that it also did not have abs, how foolish was honda on this one. If they had cruise and abs on that bike that probably would not be discounting them they would be selling them. Harley, Victory, Bmw, Ducati, the weestrom and many more have abs and harley, victory and bmw have cruise. What the heck was honda thinking. I can and probably will pick up a 2013 yamaha fjr, which has cruise, abs, traction control etc and will pay around 14k. easy decision.
rockmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:33 PM   #227
ramon
weezin' the juice!

Oddometer: 1,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmurf View Post
I was at the dealership the other day checking on recalls on my triple and I looked at the f6b and it started growing on me. I know the owners and they said I can take theirs for the day anytime I want. I went home thinking about it and then lack of cruise really bothered me and then it dawned on me that it also did not have abs, how foolish was honda on this one. If they had cruise and abs on that bike that probably would not be discounting them they would be selling them. Harley, Victory, Bmw, Ducati, the weestrom and many more have abs and harley, victory and bmw have cruise. What the heck was honda thinking. I can and probably will pick up a 2013 yamaha fjr, which has cruise, abs, traction control etc and will pay around 14k. easy decision.

They have that market covered with the standard Goldwing. The purpose of the F6b, is for those that want the stripped down version. The reason that the sales are slow, is that people that want a stripped down bagger, go for the HD Streetglide and those like yourself, that want more stuff, buy the bigger brother. It's not a bike for everyone and it fills an odd niche, but what bike is for everyone!
Old 10-01-2013, 05:36 PM   #228
rockmurf
IBA #31100

Oddometer: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramon View Post
They have that market covered with the standard Goldwing. The purpose of the F6b, is for those that want the stripped down version. The reason that the sales are slow, is that people that want a stripped down bagger, go for the HD Streetglide and those like yourself, that want more stuff, buy the bigger brother. It's not a bike for everyone and it fills an odd niche, but what bike is for everyone!

But they sure narrowed the market by the exclusion of abs and cruise. especially abs because that can be a deal breaker. At twenty grand the use of "stripped down bagger" isn't the most accurate of statements.
rockmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 06:37 PM   #229
andruboz
Serial overfiller

Oddometer: 5,242
local dealer has a new one with $900 vance & hines exhaust discounted to $18.5k

rather have a '14 valkyrie. but wont be buying either.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:07 PM   #230
David Shapiro
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 336
Our local dealer has it discounted down to $17,000. I'm going to wait for the Valkyrie as well.
David
David Shapiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 06:55 AM   #231
CheesyRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 443
A new F6B can now be had for as low as $15,000. I'm temped even with all the reports of crappy paint.
Old 06-27-2014, 04:01 AM   #232
cardoctor1
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheesyRider View Post
A new F6B can now be had for as low as $15,000. I'm temped even with all the reports of crappy paint.

whats the deal with the paint ?
IBA#35592
RIDE EVERY RIDE LIKE ITS YOUR LAST
00 R1150GS
cardoctor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 05:08 AM   #233
popscycle
Fahren Away

Oddometer: 933
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardoctor1 View Post
whats the deal with the paint ?
You have to track down all of the complaints floating around (e.g. soft paint/no clear coat); however, for a sample, see Honda response to paint issue

Goodbye Cruiserface, Hello Happyface!

2014 R1200GS | 2010 MX5 | BMW MOA
popscycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 05:31 AM   #234
jules083
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,486
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheesyRider View Post
That would be tempting, although I don't have a spare 15k laying around anyways.

Visually I'm not a big fan, but it's hard to deny they're great bikes.

Perhaps in 5 years the used ones will be dirt cheap and I can get one then. I don't see myself paying 15K for one. I'd go 8 or 10 for a clean used one though.
jules083 is offline   Reply With Quote