Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > GS Boxers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2012, 11:14 AM   #16
(I^2)R/746
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
There is an adjustment procedure that indicates "some" GS's idle high and to adjust the TPS voltage accordingly in increments. Have you tried this? Mine idles a little high as well but I've left it alone. I think if it doesn't bother you, and the BBS are close, and it FEELS right then why screw with it. Just ride.
(I^2)R/746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:08 AM   #17
Spaggy OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by (I^2)R/746 View Post
There is an adjustment procedure that indicates "some" GS's idle high and to adjust the TPS voltage accordingly in increments. Have you tried this? Mine idles a little high as well but I've left it alone. I think if it doesn't bother you, and the BBS are close, and it FEELS right then why screw with it. Just ride.
The TPS voltage is right where it should be. The higher idle doesn't bother me as much as the thought that I don't know what is causing it.
Right now I can't ride much because of snow but I'm leaning toward just leaving it until spring. Who knows, maybe I just got some winter fuel.
Spaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:21 AM   #18
ragtoplvr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,855
Check for a small stone or something in the cable pulley or a cable housing not seated. You may have an air leak. I suspect the rubber adapter that holds the TB. I use carb cleaner to check, spray around where the tb joins and where the adapter meets the head.

Good luck.

Rod
ragtoplvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:32 AM   #19
Spaggy OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragtoplvr View Post
Check for a small stone or something in the cable pulley or a cable housing not seated. You may have an air leak. I suspect the rubber adapter that holds the TB. I use carb cleaner to check, spray around where the tb joins and where the adapter meets the head.

Good luck.

Rod

As for the small stone, I've had the TBs off for cleaning and made sure there was slack in the cables when I put them back on. Tried spraying carb cleaner around the rubber adapters and got no indication of a leak.
Spaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:54 PM   #20
roger 04 rt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,151
You've got slack in the cables and the throttle plates are coming to rest against the stop screws? Standard Coding Plug?

To idle faster it needs more air and a bit more fuel. If you know anyone with a GS-911, you can use it to see what is happening. E.g. Is the TPS showing open more than 0.32 degrees.

One thing you can do to test the O2 is to full fuse 5 for a minute, reinstall it, turn the key on but dont hit the starter, rotate the throttle to Wot and idle twice (fast idle lever down), turn the key off. Now start the engine and see what you've got.

roger 04 rt screwed with this post 11-24-2012 at 06:37 AM Reason: Added "key on" step. Thanks Jazz62
roger 04 rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:12 AM   #21
Jazz62
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 990
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger 04 rt View Post
You've got slack in the cables and the throttle plates are coming to rest against the stop screws? Standard Coding Plug?

To idle faster it needs more air and a bit more fuel. If you know anyone with a GS-911, you can use it to see what is happening. E.g. Is the TPS showing open more than 0.32 degrees.

One thing you can do to test the O2 is to full fuse 5 for a minute, reinstall it, rotate the throttle to Wot and idle twice (fast idle lever down), turn the key off. Now start the engine and see what you've got.
After you reinstall the fuse, don't forget to turn the key on before you work the throttle.
Jazz62 is offline   Reply With Quote