User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2013, 04:09 PM   #1
lbbmwtech OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Need a mechanic?

Im putting this thread out there to see if anyone in my area might be interested in a mechanic for less then the dealer price. About me, I went to MMI and took Yamaha and BMW. From there I was hired at Long Beach BMW Motorcycles where I worked for 4 years and got my Master Tech Certification. In late 2010 my wife and I moved to the San Fernando Valley and I left motorcycles for cars (my mistake). Im now at Bob Smith BMW in Calabasas working as a tech. Although the money is better on cars it isnt nearly as much fun. And that is why Im putting this feeler out there to see if anyone would be interested in my services. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:54 PM   #2
SikDMAX
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 729
If you want to move north to San Luis Obispo area sounds like I could use a mechanic like you at my shop!
Old 05-02-2013, 09:38 AM   #3
groop
So much to ponder

Oddometer: 3,213
Might want to get active on the GS threads because there are always a ton of questions. Also might want to cross-post your resume in western regionals too.

You will find that some inmates get downright frustrated with their local shop and they are looking for alternatives. As you know, the SoCal area has more BMW motorcycle shops per capita than anywhere else, but there is still a demand for qualified, independent shops.

Are you offering your home as a shop? A mobile repair service? Or is Bob Smith allowing you to work on bikes at the dealership?
Old 05-20-2013, 08:24 PM   #4
lbbmwtech OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SikDMAX View Post
If you want to move north to San Luis Obispo area sounds like I could use a mechanic like you at my shop!
Give me your email and I'll send you my resume! I would love to move up to San Luis, almost all my family is up there. My grandparents own the shoe store downtown. It's a great place and hopefully one day I'll be able to make it back up there.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:26 PM   #5
lbbmwtech OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by groop View Post
Might want to get active on the GS threads because there are always a ton of questions. Also might want to cross-post your resume in western regionals too.

You will find that some inmates get downright frustrated with their local shop and they are looking for alternatives. As you know, the SoCal area has more BMW motorcycle shops per capita than anywhere else, but there is still a demand for qualified, independent shops.

Are you offering your home as a shop? A mobile repair service? Or is Bob Smith allowing you to work on bikes at the dealership?
I was just looking to do some side work at my house. It would be nice if the dealer would let me work there, but even if they did I wouldn't want to have to leave anything there overnight. I'll try posting around in other places like you suggested, thanks.