https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIIQaxKhOVI

Some daytrippin' reports (in spanish)
Club CB500X Forum admin
Juanjo-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:00 AM   #407
SnickterP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
Thanks for posting these, keep em coming! Makes me get a decent feel for what this bike should be capable of.
2012 Honda NC700X - HONDABIKEPRO Skid Plate, Akropovic exhaust, Barkbusters hand guards, Givi Crash Bars, SW Motech Trax Top Box, Side Cases, and Alu Rack, Factory heated grips and center stand, TKC80 front and K60 Scout rear tires.
2010 Kawasaki KLX250SF - Heated grips, Powermadd Hand guards, TCI rack and windscreen
SnickterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 03:08 AM   #408
Juanjo-X
X Adventurer

Oddometer: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnickterP View Post
Thanks for posting these, keep em coming! Makes me get a decent feel for what this bike should be capable of.
You're welcome, mate.

I've started a forum called "Club CB500X" I'm adding all the pics and videos I like about the X along with technical data, etc... It's all spanish written but you still can use "Saint" Google Translator or simply ask... (No problem at all if you decide to post there using english)

BTW, links only work if you're member but copy/paste will do the trick anyway...

Club CB500X Forum admin
Old 05-18-2013, 12:09 PM   #409
Toddwmac
ADV addict

Oddometer: 283
Has anyone lowered the CB500X?

I'd love to pull a couple inches off the seat height for my wife. Anyone chopped this thing yet?
Lost but don't care!
Toddwmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 06:06 PM   #410
theloop
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 395
Another translated review, but pretty good.
http://translate.googleusercontent.c...e-eFU6djp7WQgg
theloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:35 PM   #411
vguy
Rockhopper

Oddometer: 85
Cb500 x-plorer

Photoshopped an off-road version. Just for putt'n around gently of course. I'm working on another version with an XR400 front clip and more rear travel. Waiting for parts

Old 05-20-2013, 01:44 PM   #412
Lion BR
I'd rather be riding

Oddometer: 3,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by vguy View Post
Photoshopped an off-road version. Just for putt'n around gently of course. I'm working on another version with an XR400 front clip and more rear travel. Waiting for parts

Try it with a 19 inch front wheel and wheels with spokes. The question is front fender. And how much it changes geometry.

I'd rather be riding!

Lion BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:36 PM   #413
motorat
TBD

Oddometer: 903
i always wanted a motorcycle with a winch on it.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:55 PM   #414
icebox
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,028
winch

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorat View Post
i always wanted a motorcycle with a winch on it.

and a sky hook,
Old 05-24-2013, 12:06 PM   #415
Juanjo-X
X Adventurer

180 km/h under the rain...

with engine sound!!!

http://clubcb500x.foroactivo.com/t46...onido-de-motor

Club CB500X Forum admin
Old 05-24-2013, 12:14 PM   #416
vguy
Rockhopper

Oddometer: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanjo-X View Post
Sounds good -- better than my old EX500 (Ninja 500R)!
Old 05-26-2013, 01:07 PM   #417
WhichWayRound
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
I had the pleasure of getting a test ride on a cb500x yesterday (for those in the London area don't ask metropolis they don't have a demo model, go to dobles).
I've been digitally coverting this bike almost daily since i saw it at the eXcel show in Feb as a replacement for my aging transalp 650.
Bit of background I'm 27 and stand at a not so lofty 5'7" and 60kg (ish) and ride solo and 2-up with my g/f (same height and 54kg) for those who wish to do a comparison.

I favour Hondas due to their 'bombproof-ness' and just seem to click with them. I do genuinely love my TA however due to my petite size have been looking for something a little smaller, lighter and more fuel economical with that same 'adventure' feel to it.

First impressions did not disappoint. The engine is smooth all the way through the revs, minimal vibrations until you start hitting the red-line. You had to shift hard to get the gears moving, this could have been due to the fact the bike only had 100miles on and hadn't broken in yet. The clutch was light and smooth also, it would pull comfortably from 6th gear from 30mph without any shuddering at all. Unfortunately I did not get to test it above 50mph so cannot judge how it is at motorway speeds. Clutch was light and easy to find the biting point and hold it.

This bike does not lack power despite it's 470cc engine, it accelerated as quick as my TA but alot smoother and has good ability to overtake without issues.
Brakes are very good, shaper than the TA, 40-0mph in 15-20metres without any drama or abs required (2-up), only issue with heavy breaking is the front forks dip more than prefered. However I believe some progressive springs and thicker oil would fix this. Rear break is average.

The rear shock is good, holds the bike to the road well, absorbs the bumps ok; nothing special there but does what it needs to. I was riding solo first then 2-up and did not notice the weight on the rear with the exception being under breaking.

The seat and riding position were ok, the seat more specifically was a little narrow than i prefered but my ass seemed to get use to it after 10 mins. The riding position was a couple of degrees more aggressive than the TA but once again 10mins and I was used to it. I would personally like to see how my body gets on with it after a couple of hours in the saddle. The screen looked great...that was it, get the larger one.

The handlebars were placed spot on, I was previously thinking they would need changing if I got one as I suffer from tendonitis in my shoulder and am very fussy about the positioning of my arms. (I currently run shorter rentals with risings on the TA), but after the test drive found them to be the right height and width for me, other have previously commented that they would change them for the bars on the 'F' model. Whatever works wins.

The overall finish and build quality of the bike was spot of for what honda issue regardless of which factory it came from.

I was also very impressed with how light the bike felt, it only had about 6 litres of petrol in but was caparable to a fuelly fuelled varadero 125. I really felt the difference after get back on the TA I can assure you. I also took 5 mins to get off and push the bike around a bit on both sides and up and down a slight graidiant, no problems what-so-ever, my g/f was also able to do this without fuss.

Summary

Good Points:

Smooth well-powered engine (also silent)
Light Clutch
Strong Brakes
Good rear shock
Lightweight
Economy has been quoted to be very good on other forums once broken in.

Bad Points:
Front fork dive under heavy braking
Lack of under seat storage
Poorly positioned exhaust
Windscreen did nothing to deflect air much
(Other that the forks I am just nit-picking)

Side Points:
The 'X' is a sticker so will peel off
If you're looking at mounting alu panniers you'll need to mount them high, get one with the exhaust cut out or change the exhaust.

Conclusion: Will I be getting one?
Yes, simple as that. It has certainly won me over and has the potential to become what I want it to and for many of us on here maybe in a few more years a project to apply a few upgrades to and push it more towards the bigger dual sports that roam here.
Small bike, big potential.

Old 05-26-2013, 03:00 PM   #418
theloop
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 395
Nice report WhichWayAround, The bike looks to fit you well. I have one ordered and was thinking I would look like a giant on it since I am 5'11" but it felt right to me sitting on it. I would guess you were able to sit on the bike with both feet flat on the ground. How was the leg room for you? If it was just right, I may have to lower mine a inch or so.

Thanks, Mike.
theloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:37 AM   #419
WhichWayRound
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Hi Mike,

I did get both feet flat on the ground (such a novelty!) The leg room was just right for me so the long legged ones may have to look at gaining an inch or so somewhere. The footpegs on the X are quite large so switching these on their own may gain a inch in itself. I think it'll be a case of suck it and see how you get on.

Paul
Old 05-29-2013, 05:31 AM   #420
Juanjo-X
X Adventurer

Does anyone know if it would be feasible to change the refueling cap for a fixed one? Those that have a hinge for the cap in itself...
I was planing to use a tanklock system bag but I'm somewhat dissapointed seeing the simple refuelling cap the bike includes...

Club CB500X Forum admin