User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 06:41 PM   #1
jonny cash OP
LEGEND

Oddometer: 336
good price on Ural chair?

What do the experts here in the Hacks thread think is a good price for a good used Ural chair? I have a pretty good line on one, looks to be in very good condition and can buy it for $1500. Good deal or not? Looking to mount it on a Triumph Scrambler or something similar. Thanks in advance for the advice. My only previous hack was a 58 panhead, which i adapted a late 80's h-d chair to. It was lots of fun and regret letting it go.
jonny cash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:41 PM   #2
windmill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,084
Not long ago that would be considered top dollar, but prices for used Urals has gone up significantly in the past couple of years. They aint gonna get cheaper, sounds like a good deal to me.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:40 AM   #3
jaydmc
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 905
Make sure that it is a Ural and not a Dnepr or CJ. The Ural has a trunk that opens from the out side, the Dnepr does not, The CJ have a trunk that opens from the out side however the body is mounted on leaf springs, the Russian sidecars are not. CJ and Dneprs are worth about the same, the Ural is worth more however there are different quality of Ural sidecars, those made in the soviet era and those made for export. $1500 is top money for a soviet era sidecar while a fair price for a export sidecar.
Most of these sidecars have non adjustable front lower mounts. A few have adjustable front lower mounts, these would be the Ural and CJ sidecars we imported as we had them build the frames different for us.
With the non adjustable front lower mounts to work with any of our mounting systems you must cut off the front lower mount and weld in and adjustable front lower mount. We also have you weld in a new lower rear mount further forward and then switch over to our boss and clamp lower mounting system. Once this is done it will work with most of our mounting kits including the Scrambler.
Jay G
DMC sidecars
www.dmcsidecars.com
866-638-1793
jay@dmcsidecars.com
jaydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:11 PM   #4
jonny cash OP
LEGEND

Oddometer: 336
thanks guys. I'm gonna make him an offer. It is advertised as a 98 Ural, and from your description Jay I believe it to be correct.
jonny cash is offline   Reply With Quote