Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2013, 05:44 AM   #76
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
So in that video, section 6, third loop on Sat----was that a stop or not?

It looked like a big stop and then some additional "pauses". How the hell is this scored?

I'm going back into the no-stop thread.
Sure looked like Bou stopped in the middle. As a scorer you would need to be real close as they inched along. The Hertrich family scored section 6 on sunday, and word has it Chris was a section Nazi!
lineaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:36 AM   #77
wb22rules
Bourbon Tester

Oddometer: 162
My son has a better clip of his fall as he was 50 feet to my left, but I have not been able to get his phone to let me get the data out of it yet. I am going to try to update his phone firmware so maybe it will jive with the current drivers and I get to that data. He took a bunh of videos of Bou, whereas I was taking Pat vids mostly on Sat.

No worries on the sharing, I just hope the FIM does not have youtube take them down. I ran out of data space on the cards after section 9 on Sunday, so I did not get any of the last three sections
Old 05-28-2013, 06:44 AM   #78
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer

I was standing just about as close as you could Saturday when he fell. I was checking out the section for sunday!
Old 05-28-2013, 07:16 AM   #79
Gordy
Team Listo

Oddometer: 20,741
wb22,

Thanks for taking the time to upload all of those! They are great for us guys that couldn't make the event.

Man, that is a hard fall. To see Bou shaking the birdies out of his head is incredible.
Gordy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:24 AM   #80
Gaston Gagne
Past Easy

Oddometer: 1,760
Section 10 on Sunday. Raga was on it.

Old 05-28-2013, 08:53 AM   #81
Brake
"Tractor right up it"

Oddometer: 430
Many thanks for the videos everyone. Making jury duty somewhat enjoyable
Brake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:11 PM   #82
wb22rules
Bourbon Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel Wheeler View Post
I'll be there with some buddies from NC.
I talked to a couple of guys from the CVOTC around sections 2 and 3 I think on Sat, they suggested I come down to the axton event. I asked them if this was at Lake Sugartree or whatever Gary Baileys old motocross track was called and they said it was at a members horse farm and it would be a really good place to check it out. I have a followup interview for a job thursday morning, so hopefully I get a job offer and if so I will be able to have a little cash for a trip to axton
Old 05-28-2013, 03:35 PM   #83
nwcycle
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 964
What an awesome event !!!!

LineAway !!!, Nice meeting you, that event was the cats ass !!
It was not such an easy task being a checker, there is a fine line between stop and what we had allowed, so anyone who says that some stopped or some did not, well I hope they step up to the plate and volunteer next.
we kept our section as even as possible, I only had 1 minder give me shit, but I also had the crowd behind me on my call...........

nwcycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:45 PM   #84
Gordy
Team Listo

Sorry, I won't be checking at any no-stop event. Apparently, I don't understand it.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:12 PM   #85
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer

NW Cycle, you did quite well as I watched. The most positive thing at your section was the change between days to take out the hopping and make the section BIGGER! I could not believe my eyes as it was Bou that failed at the change!!
Yes, I saw one score you gave that should of been a five. I too called one later in the day a 3, when it should of been an easy 5 to call. Hard to take them back afterwards!
I thought scoring turned out to be quite easy. And I would do it again!
Old 05-28-2013, 05:19 PM   #86
Gordy
Team Listo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lineaway View Post
NW Cycle, you did quite well as I watched. The most positive thing at your section was the change between days to take out the hopping and make the section BIGGER! I could not believe my eyes as it was Bou that failed at the change!!
Yes, I saw one score you gave that should of been a five. I too called one later in the day a 3, when it should of been an easy 5 to call. Hard to take them back afterwards!
I thought scoring turned out to be quite easy. And I would do it again!
Are you serious?

You witnessed two easy bad calls at a World Event and then say that scoring was easy!
Cripes, we complain when a ten year old kid blows a call at our meets!!
Old 05-28-2013, 05:51 PM   #87
wb22rules
Bourbon Tester

Other than one of the last sections on Sunday, I thought the scoring went well. I was a bit worried that maybe the international crowd might have thought it was too leniant, but as lineaway and nwcycle have stated, they were calling it as instructed. After searching out numerous news stories I dont see any trend of referring to the scoring at the USA event being suspect. I am clearly just wondering out loud when I bring it up as this was my first event of any level to witness, so obviously I am totally without any merit to judge the vets who stepped up and checked, but was curious as to what is the norm.
Thanks to those who stepped up to the plate, and hopefully by the next time the FIM comes over the pond I have enough experience to volunteer my time
Old 05-28-2013, 06:03 PM   #88
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Are you serious?

You witnessed two easy bad calls at a World Event and then say that scoring was easy!
Both calls went to the riders! When was the last time you saw a rider protest a sold break in their favor?
Old 05-28-2013, 06:58 PM   #89
brewtus
Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer: 2,620
Quote:

I never complained. The 10-year-old kid is rarely if ever really paying attention, so when he askes me at the end of the section "What did you get?" I always reply "What did you see? Nothing? Then that's my score!"
brewtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:22 PM   #90
Gordy
Team Listo

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewtus View Post
I never complained. The 10-year-old kid is rarely if ever really paying attention, so when he askes me at the end of the section "What did you get?" I always reply "What did you see? Nothing? Then that's my score!"
You trained me well on that one!!